Increasing The Minimum Wage: Did You Know This?

This just shows how much of a dupe you are when you say stupid crap like this. Nobody thinks everyone should make the same amount of money regardless of the job. You're just trolling as usual. Can't have a reasonable discussion with you guys because you are incapable of thinking beyond your close minded beliefs.

You're the f*cking moron that posted the OP.

No, I'm the person who posted the OP. I said it should make us think more about increasing the minimum wage. I never said I agreed that we should double it. The moron is you who cannot see the light of day. Tell me, you f*cking moron, why is it we had such low unemployment in 1968 with the highest minimum wage ever, and why did unemployment increase when the minimum wage fell over time? I'm sure you will pull some stupid shit out of your ass to make you look like an even bigger fool.

What you need a history lesson of the 60's~2013? read a book.

The entire story and analysis is bunk...according to...Huffington Post.

They were had...they wanted to believe it, so they printed it.

At least they had the intestinal fortitude to retract the story after it was proved bogus.

On Monday, The Huffington Post published a story entitled "Doubling McDonald's Salaries Would Cause Your Big Mac To Cost Just 68¢ More." HuffPost has since learned that the research used as the basis of the story contains significant errors that cast doubts on its claims. This story has replaced the one originally published in this space.

The story drew on data presented by Arnobio Morelix, an undergraduate student from The University Of Kansas who identified himself as a researcher for the school. In an interview, Morelix told the HuffPost that only 17.1 percent of McDonald's revenue goes toward salaries and benefits, meaning that for every dollar McDonald's earns, a little more than 17 cents goes toward the income and benefits of its employees.

However, as the Columbia Journalism Review subsequently noted, Morelix's analysis only takes into account the payroll and employee benefits of McDonald's company-operated stores while excluding franchise businesses. Prior to publication, HuffPost asked Morelix if his analysis included franchises and he said it did. He later conceded it did not. McDonald's franchises make up more than 80 percent of McDonald's restaurants worldwide. This means that a majority of the payroll and employee benefits of McDonald's workers are not included in Morelix's findings.​
]​

Errors in McDonald's Wage Analysis

Wow... EXACTLY what I said at the beginning...

WHERE IS MY FUCKING APOLOGY, libtards???

Minimum wage is one of the very best tools for smoking out the dummies in political discussions.

I've read the same thing. Also, that without tax-funded subsidies to our farmers and ranchers, hamburger would cost more than $15 a pound.

Costco has proven that paying a living wage is ultimately good for business.
Note to haters - quit trying so hard to hate EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. Give yourself a break from hating - just for a little while. You might just like it. Seriously, I read some of the sad sick shit you post and wonder how you get through your days pulling all that hate behind you.

Then let companies do it for themselves, and dont force them to do it via legislation.

I had never heard this before, but apparently this is not the first study to make such findings. This really should make people rethink how they feel about the minimum wage.

Doubling McDonald's Salaries Would Cause Your Big Mac To Cost Just 68¢ More: Study [UPDATE]

McDonald's can afford to pay its workers a living wage without sacrificing any of its low menu prices, according to a new study provided to The Huffington Post by a University of Kansas student.

Doubling the salaries and benefits of all McDonald's employees -- from workers earning the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour to CEO Donald Thompson, whose 2012 compensation totaled $8.75 million -- would cause the price of a Big Mac to increase just 68 cents, from $3.99 to $4.67, Arnobio Morelix told HuffPost. In addition, every item on the Dollar Menu would go up by 17 cents.

McDonald's declined a request to comment from The Huffington Post.

This research comes as fast-food workers across the country strike for a $15 per hour minimum wage. Workers are also protesting for the right to unionize without fear of retaliation. Protesters are holding strikes in seven cities over a four-day period, according to Salon.

Morelix looked at McDonald's 2012 annual report and discovered that only 17.1 percent of the fast-food giant's revenue goes toward salaries and benefits. In other words, for every dollar McDonald's earns, a little more than 17 cents goes toward the income and benefits of its more than 500,000 U.S. employees. Thus, if McDonald's executives wanted to double the salaries of its employees and keep profits and other expenses the same, it would need to increase prices by just 17 cents per dollar, according to Morelix.

Doubling McDonald's Salaries Would Cause Your Big Mac To Cost Just 68¢ More: Study [UPDATE]

Apparently customers are so selfish they wouldn't want to pay the extra 68 cents.

Its called "budgeting"

Look it up.

Working at McDonalds isn't supposed to be a career. If that's the best you can achieve in life then you deserve to be poor.

Yea.....working at McDonalds is supposed to pay for things like college or a new car

Yet a minimum wage job can no longer do that. I paid my way through college working minimum wage jobs. Other kids I worked with could buy a new car for what they made working minimum wage.

Can't do that today because minimum wage has not kept pace with inflation

This just shows how much of a dupe you are when you say stupid crap like this. Nobody thinks everyone should make the same amount of money regardless of the job. You're just trolling as usual. Can't have a reasonable discussion with you guys because you are incapable of thinking beyond your close minded beliefs.

You're the f*cking moron that posted the OP.

No, I'm the person who posted the OP. I said it should make us think more about increasing the minimum wage. I never said I agreed that we should double it. The moron is you who cannot see the light of day. Tell me, you f*cking moron, why is it we had such low unemployment in 1968 with the highest minimum wage ever, and why did unemployment increase when the minimum wage fell over time? I'm sure you will pull some stupid shit out of your ass to make you look like an even bigger fool.

minimum wage and unemployment in 1968 is not a cause and effect relationship---to claim the two are connected is just stupid.

the price of labor should be set by supply and demand, the more skills you have the more your labor is in demand and the higher price you can charge for your labor. If you have no skills but a strong back and two hands then you are part of a large supply with a limited demand, your labor will not be worth as much.

Minimum wage laws hurt the low income people by limiting the number of jobs available.

as someone else said, no one is forcing you to work at a low paying job. If you want more pay, make yourself more valuable to potential employers, learn a trade, get more education, work harder than the other guy, or marry the boss's daughter.

There are lots of ways to get ahead----whining is not one of them

Working at McDonalds isn't supposed to be a career. If that's the best you can achieve in life then you deserve to be poor.

Yea.....working at McDonalds is supposed to pay for things like college or a new car

Yet a minimum wage job can no longer do that. I paid my way through college working minimum wage jobs. Other kids I worked with could buy a new car for what they made working minimum wage.

or maybe because the cost of college has outpaced inflation by several orders of magnitude?

prove it.

or maybe because the cost of college has outpaced inflation by several orders of magnitude?

Its not just college its cars, healthcare, housing........Minimum wage has not kept up

Where is it written that working at McDonalds is supposed to pay for college or a new car? That has to be one of your all time dumb statements, and you have made a lot of them.

Its not just college its cars, healthcare, housing........Minimum wage has not kept up

prove it

in 1966 minimum wage was $1/hour. today its $7.75 I think. 700% increase. are you claiming that inflation since 1966 was 700%?

Where is it written that working at McDonalds is supposed to pay for college or a new car? That has to be one of your all time dumb statements, and you have made a lot of them.

How far we have fallen in our expectations of what our labor is worth

Republicans have sure done their job in creating a slave workforce that cannot even support themselves on what they earn

Also, were the kids' other needs being helped by the parents?

Live at home and work at Mc'Ds you can probably afford a car, not a new one.

Also car costs have gone up due to all the new regs applied to them, some like safety regs for the best.

The new car you could get in the 70's on minimum wage was a deathtrap.

Republicans have sure done their job in creating a slave workforce that cannot even support themselves on what they earn

My labor is worth plenty. A plumbers labor is worth plenty. an accountants labor is worth plenty. A 30 year old who can only work at mcdonalds? Not so much.

which party has controlled congress for most of the last 75 years??? hint-not republicans.

dem/libs want a slave workforce that is dependent on govt handouts in order to buy their votes and remainin power.
Obama is a perfect example. since he has been in office there are more people in poverty than ever before, more on food stamps, more on welfare. The dems have created their voting base of government slaves.

waiting for your reply to post #55. or will you run as usual when faced with facts?

Forum List

Back