Independent panel concludes Bush engaged in torture

it applies to those not wearing uniforms as well.

read up on it. look under guerrilla warfare.

Does it? Where? BTW, as I correctly stated, "Civilian" means a "non-combat" role. Here is the Third Geneva convention you're referring to. You still have to carry arms in the open and be identifiable, amigo. Maybe you can point to the specific part:

Article 4 defines prisoners of war to include:

4.1.1 Members of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict and members of militias of such armed forces
4.1.2 Members of other militias and members of other volunteer corps, including those of organized resistance movements, provided that they fulfill all of the following conditions:
that of being commanded by a person responsible for his subordinates;
that of having a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance (there are limited exceptions to this among countries who observe the 1977 Protocol I);
that of carrying arms openly;
that of conducting their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war.
4.1.3 Members of regular armed forces who profess allegiance to a government or an authority not recognized by the Detaining Power.
4.1.4 Civilians who have non-combat support roles with the military and who carry a valid identity card issued by the military they support.
4.1.5 Merchant marine and the crews of civil aircraft of the Parties to the conflict, who do not benefit by more favourable treatment under any other provisions of international law.
4.1.6 Inhabitants of a non-occupied territory, who on the approach of the enemy spontaneously take up arms to resist the invading forces, without having had time to form themselves into regular armed units, provided they carry arms openly and respect the laws and customs of war.
4.3 makes explicit that Article 33 takes precedence for the treatment of medical personnel of the enemy and chaplains of the enemy.

9 These Articles remove some restrictions imposed by the
G PW and no longer require that combatants wear distinctive clothing as had
been the case under Article 4 of the GPW.

http://lawdigitalcommons.bc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1622&context=iclr

Fair enough, but there still are restrictions like they have to carry their arms in the open and act according to customs of war, which means things like attacking military targets.

An irony is that the left is arguing that people who target civilian casualties, which is a violation of the Convention, are protected by the Convention. The main irony being that it doesn't. I agree your point that some of the restrictions I stated, like uniforms, was lifted in later versions, but removing all restrictions and saying that terrorists are covered is not true.

"yurtity"? wow...you have sunk to a new low. i almost feel bad for you, but you do bring it on yourself with such displays of stupidity.

tell me...RW cited the report as proof of his OP...cite in the report where it says GWB engaged in torture. if you can do that, i will create a thread of your choosing. if not, will you allow me to do the same?
as i am not reyurted, i can interpret the thread title as a panel concluding that the bush administration engaged in torture. i fail to see the lie. you can start any thread you like, you don't need my permission.

reyurted...:lol: rep for that

so you can't actually cite anywhere in the article where it says bush engaged in torture. you licker, are full of shit.

what article are you actually leaning on, do you have a link to the 577 page report by TCP? i am very much interested in the full report.

as i am not reyurted, i can interpret the thread title as a panel concluding that the bush administration engaged in torture. i fail to see the lie. you can start any thread you like, you don't need my permission.

so you can't actually cite anywhere in the article where it says bush engaged in torture. you licker, are full of shit.

what article are you actually leaning on, do you have a link to the 577 page report by TCP? i am very much interested in the full report.

i've linked it twice in this thread. do you read?

i thought i read your posts harping on the title of the thread. you were citing yourself. i read the originally linked article. i tried to find the original report, and did not succeed. not that the original report could help your argument, as the thread title will still not be a lie. the report states that the bush administration did engage in torture. this is even stated on the internet presence of the entity which has issued the report.

i thought i read your posts harping on the title of the thread. you were citing yourself. i read the originally linked article. i tried to find the original report, and did not succeed. not that the original report could help your argument, as the thread title will still not be a lie. the report states that the bush administration did engage in torture. this is even stated on the internet presence of the entity which has issued the report.

you're a moron. you state flat out you have not seen the report, yet, you claim the "report states". you're either a liar or a dumbass.

this is from RW'w OP link:

"The nation's highest officials bear some responsibility for allowing and contributing to the spread of torture," the report said, though it did not name names.

i've posted the link to the actual report and it doesn't support RW's OP.

Do I have to kick your ass in every thread.....God you'd think you'd get tired of getting a beatdown..

I just posted the rules on that. I'm not a big fan of international law, but you are......and I posted them.....

The terrorists DO NOT QUALIFY........so therefore the law does not apply to them.

AND even if it did, waterboarding and dog walking are not torture......so go pretend to be a republican on a democratic site where people are stupid enough to believe you.(and yeah I'm hitting that ass evertime, I love to mock fakers)....

geneva convention does indeed apply to terrorists

Can you read or are you high, which rules do the terrorists follow to allow them those protections...

You do realize the convention was made by legitimate countries(mostly western ones) that set up rules for warfare....follow me so far

Then they said you had to treat people fairly, so again if we have a Brit, German, French, Russian, prisoner than we dont do that much mean stuff to them, but if you are a ......spy.....terrorist....or of a country that doesnt play by the rules.....we dont give you nice treatment when our people are beheaded and tortured (and I dont mean waterboarding) on a daily basis.

Doesn't matter. The law of war internationally applies. Bushies cannot go to certain countries. They will be arrested and taken to The Hague.

Fringe crazy reactionaries can screech all they want, but the fact remains, the Bushies don't travel. For very good reasons.

Can you read or are you high, which rules do the terrorists follow to allow them those protections...

You do realize the convention was made by legitimate countries(mostly western ones) that set up rules for warfare....follow me so far

Then they said you had to treat people fairly, so again if we have a Brit, German, French, Russian, prisoner than we dont do that much mean stuff to them, but if you are a ......spy.....terrorist....or of a country that doesnt play by the rules.....we dont give you nice treatment when our people are beheaded and tortured (and I dont mean waterboarding) on a daily basis.

Doesn't matter. The law of war internationally applies. Bushies cannot go to certain countries. They will be arrested and taken to The Hague.

Fringe crazy reactionaries can screech all they want, but the fact remains, the Bushies don't travel. For very good reasons.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

proof jake is a left wing hack

you're a moron. you state flat out you have not seen the report, yet, you claim the "report states". you're either a liar or a dumbass.

"The nation's highest officials bear some responsibility for allowing and contributing to the spread of torture," the report said, though it did not name names.

yeah, i gambled a little, but i had checked the entity issuing the report and their way of reporting it. their interpretation of the report did jibe with the title of this thread. and now, after finding the report, i found that it actually does support the headline. i don't know what your problem is here.

already did and already cited it.

i'm not surprised you didn't copy finding number 2. why am i not surprised? because it does not say bush.

you fail, again.

i did not copy it, because it was not possible for me.

but a quick civics question might be in order, paralegal.

who are the nation's most senior officials?

and where does the buck stop?

already did and already cited it.

i'm not surprised you didn't copy finding number 2. why am i not surprised? because it does not say bush.

you fail, again.

i did not copy it, because it was not possible for me.

but a quick civics question might be in order, paralegal.

who are the nation's most senior officials?

and where does the buck stop?

dear lawclerk:

nation's most senior officials does not equal bush

yeah, i gambled a little, but i had checked the entity issuing the report and their way of reporting it. their interpretation of the report did jibe with the title of this thread. and now, after finding the report, i found that it actually does support the headline. i don't know what your problem is here.

show me where it says "bush"

i cannot. but since i found your link to the pdf of the full report, i can now paste and post finding #2:

"The nation’s most senior officials, through some of their actions and failures to act in the months and years immediately following the September 11 attacks, bear ultimate responsibility for allowing and contributing to the spread of illegal and improper interrogation techniques used by some U.S. personnel on detainees in several theaters. Responsibility also falls on other government officials and certain military leaders."

and now i go back to my initial question: you yurt on this technicality?

clearly the bush administration engaged in torture.

i cannot. but since i found your link to the pdf of the full report, i can now paste and post finding #2:

"The nation’s most senior officials, through some of their actions and failures to act in the months and years immediately following the September 11 attacks, bear ultimate responsibility for allowing and contributing to the spread of illegal and improper interrogation techniques used by some U.S. personnel on detainees in several theaters. Responsibility also falls on other government officials and certain military leaders."

and now i go back to my initial question: you yurt on this technicality?

clearly the bush administration engaged in torture.

nope. wrong again. it does not say bush.

stop being a dishonest hack.

The bushies approved and used torture. They are criminals. Yurt has found people as ethically despicable as him.

Last edited:
These Articles remove some restrictions imposed by the G PW and no longer require that combatants wear distinctive clothing as had been the case under Article 4 of the GPW.

http://lawdigitalcommons.bc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1622&context=iclr

How would this part of article four apply to terrorists?
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Persons who accompany the armed forces without actually being members thereof, such as civilian members of military aircraft crews, war correspondents, supply contractors, members of labour units or of services responsible for the welfare of the armed forces, provided that they have received authorization from the armed forces which they accompany, who shall provide them for that purpose with an identity card similar to the annexed model. [/FONT]

Remember this?

George W. Bush Cans Swiss Trip as Groups Promise Prosecution for War Crimes

George W. Bush Cancels Swiss Trip as Rights Activists Vow War Crimes Charges - ABC News

Forum List

Back