Insane reason girl was forced out of D.C. public school

I found it interesting that this was the quote from the parent:

“We decided to home-school her because of all the issues, because it was like a punch in the gut to have to face the fight again this year,” Galgiano told the Post. “We didn’t want to [homeschool]. We want to be part of the public school system. Avery has been in public school since kindergarten. She’s a great success story for the schools.”

Why do they want to be in the public school system? "Avery has been there since kindergarten," but really, Avery is not "there." Avery is travelling the world, playing concerts, etc., not in school, and that's the point. Anyone wanna guess how much fun it is for teachers to bring a kid up to speed in their classroom after they've been out for weeks? It is a fucking pain in the ass, and a strain on the public resource of the school. Teachers don't necessarily mind doing this for a student that's been sick or injured, but to accommodate a student's worldwide concert schedule? Fuck that. Her parents need to get a private tutor, i.e., homeschool little Avery, which is likely an expensive proposition and why they're bitching about the "punch in the gut."

I'm gettin' wet, snot-stained hanky feelin' here.

Right. It's not like her parents pay taxes on top of homeschooling little Avery.

You know what? Screw the public education system. It's a sewer.

Yeah, I bet they wish they'd not tried to take advantage of the system.

Whatever. The school system is clearly run by an idiot. They've sent mixed messages when the message should have been clear: Your kid either fucking shows up for class, or doesn't receive credit for the class. Period.

I found it interesting that this was the quote from the parent:

“We decided to home-school her because of all the issues, because it was like a punch in the gut to have to face the fight again this year,” Galgiano told the Post. “We didn’t want to [homeschool]. We want to be part of the public school system. Avery has been in public school since kindergarten. She’s a great success story for the schools.”

Why do they want to be in the public school system? "Avery has been there since kindergarten," but really, Avery is not "there." Avery is travelling the world, playing concerts, etc., not in school, and that's the point. Anyone wanna guess how much fun it is for teachers to bring a kid up to speed in their classroom after they've been out for weeks? It is a fucking pain in the ass, and a strain on the public resource of the school. Teachers don't necessarily mind doing this for a student that's been sick or injured, but to accommodate a student's worldwide concert schedule? Fuck that. Her parents need to get a private tutor, i.e., homeschool little Avery, which is likely an expensive proposition and why they're bitching about the "punch in the gut."

I'm gettin' wet, snot-stained hanky feelin' here.

Right. It's not like her parents pay taxes on top of homeschooling little Avery.

You know what? Screw the public education system. It's a sewer.

Yeah, I bet they wish they'd not tried to take advantage of the system.

Whatever. The school system is clearly run by an idiot. They've sent mixed messages when the message should have been clear: Your kid either fucking shows up for class, or doesn't receive credit for the class. Period.

Don't mind me too much, Samson. I'm sour on the public education system . . . obviously. Its collectivist rigidity is maddening.

Forum List

Back