Instead of Vilifying the 1 Percent, We Need to Celebrate Them.

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
This from CNN? :eusa_whistle:
I was watching New Day this morning and they had an expert talking head on to discuss the current Bear Market on Wall Street, These were his words, along with words to the effect that “anyone can join those ranks if they EDUCATE THEMSELVES and work hard.

Of course, the frizzy-hair, fat broad sitting across from him [have no idea what race she is and could care less] had ti to instantly bring up “income inequality”. She was quickly put into her place with a statement to the effect that without a Free Market System, nobody could rise from the ranks of the poor.

So, I became curious and asked some questions on the internet.

How many millionaires are there in the USA?

Response [the latest among many] Study finds 9 million members of the millionaires club in the U.S. Read more: Study finds 9 million members of the millionaires club in the U.S.* - NY Daily News

How many millionaires are there in the world?

And I got a wide variety of responses to include this How Many Millionaires are There in the World? | Worldwide Success and this How many millionaire in the world and this. The World's Billionaires - Forbes

With that list of major discrepancies, I became curious.

How many members of the US Congress are millionaires?

Most US Congress members are now millionaires from Most US Congress members are now millionaires | The Verge

Who are the Millionaires in the 113th US Congress?

A slightly biased answer @ ?Make the money, make the laws: Congress has more millionaires than ever - report ? RT USA and then, found this list @ Personal Finance Disclosure | OpenSecrets This makes fir interesting reading

7 of the top 10 are Democrats. Check out the list for yourself and see how many are self-made, how many married into it, how many made theirs in politics or through their political clout, and so on. The answers might surprise you. All you have to do is got to Personal Finance Disclosure | OpenSecrets and U.S. Senate :eek:

Why I've some what applauded Paris Hilton many times, but she has never called me once, after the hours I held up her poster....

I've done a lot of work for millionaires and one billionaire, they are the worst at paying and breaking the contract...cheap ass people..

I was watching New Day this morning and they had an expert talking head on to discuss the current Bear Market on Wall Street, These were his words, along with words to the effect that “anyone can join those ranks if they EDUCATE THEMSELVES and work hard.:

Bulcrap. My great uncle invented the first forced air electric furnace. When he and my grandfather refused to sell to a big corporation, the corporation paid off their political friends in Olympia to have the furnace declared unsafe. My grandfather and my great uncle lost everything. When the patent ran out, that same corporation started producing forced air electric furnaces with slight adjustments to claim they are "safe".

My friend's father invented an electric car back in the mid 60's that would do 50-60 mph. The oil companies came and made him an offer, when he refused, his family was threatened and he ended up selling them his design and no electric car was made for decades.

The McDonald brother's, made a whopping $200,000 for their idea, their livelihood and we all know what happened to that business after they were bought out.

The truth is the corporations run our world and have for a long time and now and very, very few people can overcome the odds.

Oh and fyi, my husband has the original flyers and business papers from my grandfather and great uncles business when they tried to sell my uncles invention. Proof the my great uncle invented the first forced air electric furnace and he doesn't even get a mention in the history books.

Even Bill Gates's modern rags to riches story is slanted. He came from the upper middle class to begin with and already had contacts.

I've done a lot of work for millionaires and one billionaire, they are the worst at paying and breaking the contract...cheap ass people..
That's how you get and stay rich. If you care about people it won't happen.

Longwood...Why do you tell everyone to celebrate the 1% when you wont celebrate the 7 out of 10 congressmen who are Dem Millionaires?

Seems like you have a double standard

I was watching New Day this morning and they had an expert talking head on to discuss the current Bear Market on Wall Street, These were his words, along with words to the effect that “anyone can join those ranks if they EDUCATE THEMSELVES and work hard.:

Bulcrap. My great uncle invented the first forced air electric furnace. When he and my grandfather refused to sell to a big corporation, the corporation paid off their political friends in Olympia to have the furnace declared unsafe. My grandfather and my great uncle lost everything. When the patent ran out, that same corporation started producing forced air electric furnaces with slight adjustments to claim they are "safe".

Hmmm. Your great uncle was able to invent a forced air furnace but unable to make the slight adjustments to make them safe? Bullshit.

My friend's father invented an electric car back in the mid 60's that would do 50-60 mph. The oil companies came and made him an offer, when he refused, his family was threatened and he ended up selling them his design and no electric car was made for decades.

The family was threatened and they did not report it? Instead they sold the idea to those that threatened them? Bullshit.

The McDonald brother's, made a whopping $200,000 for their idea, their livelihood and we all know what happened to that business after they were bought out.

Were they forced to sell it? Really? Who forced them to? Their own greed for the 200k is why they sold it idiot.

The truth is the corporations run our world and have for a long time and now and very, very few people can overcome the odds.

Oh and fyi, my husband has the original flyers and business papers from my grandfather and great uncles business when they tried to sell my uncles invention. Proof the my great uncle invented the first forced air electric furnace and he doesn't even get a mention in the history books.

Even Bill Gates's modern rags to riches story is slanted. He came from the upper middle class to begin with and already had contacts.

Bill Gates? What about the 9 million millionaires in the US..?

You are full of shit.

They're robbing the middle class blind and yet we suppose to ?

How much money has a rich guy ever stolen from you?

No one has ever stopped me from working more, earning more, investing more so who is topping you?

Hmmm. Your great uncle was able to invent a forced air furnace but unable to make the slight adjustments to make them safe? Bullshit.

The family was threatened and they did not report it? Instead they sold the idea to those that threatened them? Bullshit.

Were they forced to sell it? Really? Who forced them to? Their own greed for the 200k is why they sold it idiot.

You are full of shit.

You are so naive.

You are full of shit.

You are so naive.

No. I am not naive. I am a former business owner in NYS. I am retired and younger than 60.
I did not come from wealth.
I made many mistakes but learned from them.
I blamed no one but myself for them.

All you did was list a bunch of crap that looks good on paper....but is by no means real life.

FYI...you are full of shit as it pertains to your great uncle. That I know as fact.

You are full of shit.

You are so naive.

No. I am not naive. I am a former business owner in NYS. I am retired and younger than 60.
I did not come from wealth.
I made many mistakes but learned from them.
I blamed no one but myself for them.

All you did was list a bunch of crap that looks good on paper....but is by no means real life.

FYI...you are full of shit as it pertains to your great uncle. That I know as fact.

I have the paperwork. And there was nothing wrong with his design. They went into production, for a very short time before they were shut down after a certain corporation made sure they were shut down. Since there are plenty of forced air electric furnaces today, we know that somebody else made a lot of money off of my uncles invention which was originally patented. I have the designs, the flyers and other paperwork from the business.

I thought my mom made the whole thing up until I found the paperwork, after her death.

You, however, will believe whatever you want.

Just one question. The big oil companies come to you and tell you if you don't sell them your electric car, something might happen to your family, what are you going to do?

I would have fought them, but it wasn't my decision, and I was a child at the time. As a mom, I can see that saving my children will always come first. And do you really believe the police would believe them, or do anything about the threat?

Forum List

Back