Interesting Comment last night....But it was Jim Nance so no comment from anyone

SC Patriot

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2020
Jim Nance rightfully pointed out how last night there was a female zebra making calls. He talked about how she is an inspiration to all young girls out there and a great role model.
I do not disagree.

However, and this is where I raised an eyebrow....

He added.....and she ALSO happens to be good at what she does....

Exactly what does that mean? Is it unusual for a woman to be a good football ref? ISnt that a given to be chosen to ref a Super Bowl?

Is he implying that even if she wasnt good she would have been chosen for the game because she is a woman?

Has he, or any announcer EVER said a male ref "ALSO happens to be good at what he does"?

I found it interesting.

Perhaps the point was that she is good at the job and not just an affirmative action hire.
What if it was Brian Kilmeade who said it. It would be considered a derogatory remark. You can deny it if you want....but that is EXACTLY what would have happened.

What if Lindsey Graham referred to Senator Obama who was running for president as clean and articulate as Biden did?

He would have likely been censored for racism.

You just want to deny the double standard. It exists.

Jim Nance rightfully pointed out how last night there was a female zebra making calls. He talked about how she is an inspiration to all young girls out there and a great role model.
I do not disagree.

Exactly what does that mean? Is it unusual for a woman to be a good football ref? ISnt that a given to be chosen to ref a Super Bowl?

Is he implying that even if she wasnt good she would have been chosen for the game because she is a woman?

Has he, or any announcer EVER said a male ref "ALSO happens to be good at what he does"?

I found it interesting.
He meant that like all women, she is good at pointing out mistakes by men.

Unlike baseball I found the fake crowd noise this season in football very distracting and so I've been viewing football with sound at minimum volume. I noticed the camera giving that ref special attention for a minute and figured it was all about it being a lady officiating. I believe that watching football games with the sound tuned way down will be a permanent practice for me.

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.
It means not only is she a girl but she happens to be one of the best refs.

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.

Yep, by next year, no doubt, she'll be replaced by a transsexual.

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.
She was reffing the Super Bowl. Her being good at what she does is a given.

To point out she is good is implying it is unusual.

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.

It is unusual for a ref to be good.

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.

But it is Woke.

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.

But it is Woke.
Too ne? She was a zebra. Nothing more.

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.

Only to a partisan fan

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.

But it is Woke.
Too ne? She was a zebra. Nothing more.
She called that one offside on the punt I think, very close.

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.

Only to a partisan fan
Not true. I rarely watch football and I root for no particular team. The refs are fucking horrible most of the time.

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.

Only to a partisan fan
Not true. I rarely watch football and I root for no particular team. The refs are fucking horrible most of the time.
Well, this is a rare moment because the token hire is ALSO good at the job.

That does not relieve the NFL of its new status as being the biggest virtue signal ever devised.

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.

Only to a partisan fan
You have the advantage of instant replay....slow mo......zoom in.......5 different camera angles

Refs are beholden to their eyes, ONE angle at real time with 3 tons of bodies getting in their way.

The only ones who say a ref sucks...is one who is partisan for the side of the team called for the infraction.

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.

Only to a partisan fan
You have the advantage of instant replay....slow mo......zoom in.......5 different camera angles

Refs are beholden to their eyes, ONE angle at real time with 3 tons of bodies getting in their way.

The only ones who say a ref sucks...is one who is partisan for the side of the team called for the infraction.
"You have the advantage of instant replay....slow mo......zoom in.......5 different camera angles"

No i dont. That typically only verifies what I saw the moment it happened. Sometimes I'm wrong but most of the time I'm right and I havent been trained to do it for a living.

Forum List

Back