Interesting Comment last night....But it was Jim Nance so no comment from anyone

Jim Nance rightfully pointed out how last night there was a female zebra making calls. He talked about how she is an inspiration to all young girls out there and a great role model.
I do not disagree.

However, and this is where I raised an eyebrow....

He added.....and she ALSO happens to be good at what she does....

Exactly what does that mean? Is it unusual for a woman to be a good football ref? ISnt that a given to be chosen to ref a Super Bowl?

Is he implying that even if she wasnt good she would have been chosen for the game because she is a woman?

Has he, or any announcer EVER said a male ref "ALSO happens to be good at what he does"?

I found it interesting.
It means not only is she a girl but she happens to be one of the best refs.
She was reffing the Super Bowl. Her being good at what she does is a given.

To point out she is good is implying it is unusual.
But it is Woke.
Too ne? She was a zebra. Nothing more.
She called that one offside on the punt I think, very close.
From the angle I saw, both ends looked to be in the neutral zone.

Jim Nance rightfully pointed out how last night there was a female zebra making calls. He talked about how she is an inspiration to all young girls out there and a great role model.
I do not disagree.

Exactly what does that mean? Is it unusual for a woman to be a good football ref? ISnt that a given to be chosen to ref a Super Bowl?

Is he implying that even if she wasnt good she would have been chosen for the game because she is a woman?

Has he, or any announcer EVER said a male ref "ALSO happens to be good at what he does"?

I found it interesting.

It is unusual for a ref to be good.
Only to a partisan fan
Not true. I rarely watch football and I root for no particular team. The refs are fucking horrible most of the time.
You have the advantage of instant replay....slow mo......zoom in.......5 different camera angles

Refs are beholden to their eyes, ONE angle at real time with 3 tons of bodies getting in their way.

The only ones who say a ref sucks...is one who is partisan for the side of the team called for the infraction.
"You have the advantage of instant replay....slow mo......zoom in.......5 different camera angles"

No i dont. That typically only verifies what I saw the moment it happened. Sometimes I'm wrong but most of the time I'm right and I havent been trained to do it for a living.
Wow.

I am impressed.

You should be a ref then becuase...well.....it was discovered several years ago that trained refs missed calls....and until the replay was shown, trained announcers missed the calls.

But you can make the call in real time watching a 2 dimensional TV....and correct most of the time.

You must be special.

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.

Only to a partisan fan
Not true. I rarely watch football and I root for no particular team. The refs are fucking horrible most of the time.
You have the advantage of instant replay....slow mo......zoom in.......5 different camera angles

Refs are beholden to their eyes, ONE angle at real time with 3 tons of bodies getting in their way.

The only ones who say a ref sucks...is one who is partisan for the side of the team called for the infraction.
"You have the advantage of instant replay....slow mo......zoom in.......5 different camera angles"

No i dont. That typically only verifies what I saw the moment it happened. Sometimes I'm wrong but most of the time I'm right and I havent been trained to do it for a living.
Wow.

I am impressed.

You should be a ref then becuase...well.....it was discovered several years ago that trained refs missed calls....and until the replay was shown, trained announcers missed the calls.

But you can make the call in real time watching a 2 dimensional TV....and correct most of the time.

You must be special.
"You must be special."

Not really. When you actually play a sport you see things other people dont see.

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.

Only to a partisan fan

Wow.

I am impressed.

You must be special.
"You must be special."

Not really. When you actually play a sport you see things other people dont see.
True.

When watching live.

But you are beholden to the camera....2 dimensional...and usually widespread. I like to watch the interior in a football game. The stunts, the blocking, the pulling...and sure, it appears to be holding, but it also could be tripping over a foot. Sure, it could appear as a clean block, but he could have had his hand under the pad of the defender....sure, it could have been pass interference, but the camera is on the quarterback and not on the route...so how could you know until you see the replay?

Sure, it could have been a horse collar. It Certainly looked like it.....but what if he simply grabbed the jersey one inch below the neck pad?

I was taught by my coaches how to cheat. Yes. I admit it. All ball players are and if anyone denies it, they never played at a higher level than Pee Wee.

I was taught how to hold without getting caught. I was taught how to team up and do a crackback without getting caught. I was taught how to push off without getting caught (Keep your elbow bent at all times).

Refs can only see so much.

let's face it, she got the Super Bowl gig because she has tits not because she is good at it

as long as the white man comes last, all should be happy

I mean, that is what this is all about

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.

Only to a partisan fan

Wow.

I am impressed.

You must be special.
"You must be special."

True.

When watching live.

But you are beholden to the camera....2 dimensional...and usually widespread. I like to watch the interior in a football game. The stunts, the blocking, the pulling...and sure, it appears to be holding, but it also could be tripping over a foot. Sure, it could appear as a clean block, but he could have had his hand under the pad of the defender....sure, it could have been pass interference, but the camera is on the quarterback and not on the route...so how could you know until you see the replay?

Sure, it could have been a horse collar. It Certainly looked like it.....but what if he simply grabbed the jersey one inch below the neck pad?

I was taught by my coaches how to cheat. Yes. I admit it. All ball players are and if anyone denies it, they never played at a higher level than Pee Wee.

I was taught how to hold without getting caught. I was taught how to team up and do a crackback without getting caught. I was taught how to push off without getting caught (Keep your elbow bent at all times).

Maybe I am biased but I tend to watch the QB only for a second. Most of the time my eye is on my position so I see the holding, grabbing, etc etc of the DB's and the WRs. The refs miss a ton of calls both ways.

True. If you aint cheatin you aint trying to win.

let's face it, she got the Super Bowl gig because she has tits not because she is good at it

If that was the case they would have just pulled in a hooker, cheerleader, or playboy bunny.

white men arent entitled to have a reffing job.

If that was the case they would have just pulled in a hooker, cheerleader, or playboy bunny.

another ignorant, unreasoned post. Good job!

It's not about entitlement, dopy. It's about putting the white man last.

another ignorant, unreasoned post. Good job!

It's not about entitlement, dopy. It's about putting the white man last.
Stop whining white boy. White men arent last. Low hanging fruit whiny white boys like you are last.

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.

Only to a partisan fan

Wow.

I am impressed.

You must be special.
"You must be special."

True.

When watching live.

Maybe I am biased but I tend to watch the QB only for a second. Most of the time my eye is on my position so I see the holding, grabbing, etc etc of the DB's and the WRs. The refs miss a ton of calls both ways.

True. If you aint cheatin you aint trying to win.
There are 22 players on the filed at any given time. That's 22 players trying to complete their assignment. There are 7 officials TOTAL on the filed....thats 3 players per official.....but, if, in fact, you played the game as you say, then you are well aware as it pertains to holding and other live ball infractions there are really ony 4.....so that is 4 watching 22 players...... which equaates to ove 5 players per zebra to watch,

Most cameras during live time are on the quarterback, runner and line.....on a pass play, it is still on the QB....the only time the camera goes to the intended receiver is once the pass is thrown and usually you dont even see the receiver until it is within 10 yeards of the intended receiver....

So how you are able to watch the hold, or interference in live time that takes place...say....7 yards off the line of scrimmage is beyond me.

I do not disagree.

I found it interesting.

Only to a partisan fan
Well, this is a rare moment because the token hire is ALSO good at the job.

That does not relieve the NFL of its new status as being the biggest virtue signal ever devised.
Damn skippy

Forum List

Back