Interesting Piece On Chris Christie

Hmmmmm. Is that so?

Yes. He observes revisionist Democrats rewriting past events to fit the current "Christie was a bully to us all this time" narrative, and so he goes back mentally in his own little meaningless life to see if there is something Christie did to him that he can throw on the pile. He then conjures up a two second conversation in which Christie was "cold" to him, and then says that must have been because of his helicopter article.

"Me, too!"

True, but the helicopter story is funny ... in a snarky way. I think I'd stonewall the guy too if he wrote something that snarky about me. It preyed on Christie's kid. You wanna bust a guy for using a govt helicopter for private use, fine. But, then it went into "imagine how Junior felt with his dad making that entrance ...."

He was COMISERATING with the governor. The guy has had his own kids get pissed at him for picking them up in a fancy car. He was just discussing fatherhood.

obama does the same thing to reporters, shock jocks etc....

but that doesn't bother dems....

ODS, bitches.

more two faced whining from the left. no problem when obama or a dem does it...but all of a sudden it is "interesting" when a pub does it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fuck you. I ain't whining about shit. I'd take Christie over any of the assholes you support. Try harder.

Last edited:
Yes. He observes revisionist Democrats rewriting past events to fit the current "Christie was a bully to us all this time" narrative, and so he goes back mentally in his own little meaningless life to see if there is something Christie did to him that he can throw on the pile. He then conjures up a two second conversation in which Christie was "cold" to him, and then says that must have been because of his helicopter article.

"Me, too!"

Yeah.......I don't thinks so. The dude ain't like that in my experience. Have you listened to or read some of his stuff?

I recommend it.

It's classic dogpiling.

I get that you see it that way. But I am telling you that you might not be fully versed in what makes Smerconish tick. As I said.....spend a few minutes checking out his stuff. Or don't.

"Me, too!"

True, but the helicopter story is funny ... in a snarky way. I think I'd stonewall the guy too if he wrote something that snarky about me. It preyed on Christie's kid. You wanna bust a guy for using a govt helicopter for private use, fine. But, then it went into "imagine how Junior felt with his dad making that entrance ...."

He was COMISERATING with the governor. The guy has had his own kids get pissed at him for picking them up in a fancy car. He was just discussing fatherhood.

No he wasn't. He was comparing a helicopter to a sedan or pu truck to ridicule Christie. Not that he didn't deserve ridicule, but putting the "father's day" spin on it, was using the kid to make a pt. I don't like people bringing kids into their partisan spins.

No he wasn't. He was comparing a helicopter to a sedan or pu truck to ridicule Christie. Not that he didn't deserve ridicule, but putting the "father's day" spin on it, was using the kid to make a pt. I don't like people bringing kids into their partisan spins.

Nope. I have listened to the guy discuss this. You are not correct.

Christie is toast.

Finito.

You can't nominate a guy who wants to get along with Dems
What? Why? Do you believe a President should never be a statesman? Should Reagan have negotiated with Gorbachev? Are you in favor of bitter partisanship? What good has that brought?

Is politics more like sport to you? Do you enjoy the rivalry, relish in victories and ruminate over defeat just like a sports fan? Well, the governance of this nation isn't at all like Yankees/Red Sox or Ohio State/that school up north.

Those who refuse to compromise, to negotiate, to strive for THE BEST THIS NATION CAN BE are either pitifully immature or pitifully naïve. Either way, that 'no compromise' ethic is anti-American.

The constitution of this nation was conceived and written through compromise. Imagine some rock brained Conservative walking out on the constitutional convention because he did not get precisely what he wanted when he wanted it! Petulant, childish and boorish best describe the 'no compromise' crowd.

At any rate, they should be ignored because they do not warrant credibility and respect.

It's really pretty funny when Democrats advise Republicans about which candidates are "toast" for various things. And vice versa.

There are few Republicans who don't think that HRC is (or should be) "toast" for her totally inept tenure at the State Department - let alone the lethal bungling of the Bengazi episode.

And yet...she LIVES!

Incredibly.

Christie is one of several Republicans who wouldbe much better candidates than anyone the Dems could possibly put up in 2016. The American public will be so sick of Barry and his lame excuses and "INEQUALITY!" whining by that time that the Republicans can nominate just about anyone. Just like what happened in 2008.

It's really pretty funny when Democrats advise Republicans about which candidates are "toast" for various things. And vice versa.

There are few Republicans who don't think that HRC is (or should be) "toast" for her totally inept tenure at the State Department - let alone the lethal bungling of the Bengazi episode.

And yet...she LIVES!

Incredibly.

Christie is one of several Republicans who wouldbe much better candidates than anyone the Dems could possibly put up in 2016. The American public will be so sick of Barry and his lame excuses and "INEQUALITY!" whining by that time that the Republicans can nominate just about anyone. Just like what happened in 2008.

It was a nutter who called Christie "toast".

Christie is your best hope. Who are the others that you think could win.....just like in 2008?

Brilliant post.

Christie is toast.

Finito.

What? Why? Do you believe a President should never be a statesman? Should Reagan have negotiated with Gorbachev? Are you in favor of bitter partisanship? What good has that brought?

Is politics more like sport to you? Do you enjoy the rivalry, relish in victories and ruminate over defeat just like a sports fan? Well, the governance of this nation isn't at all like Yankees/Red Sox or Ohio State/that school up north.

Those who refuse to compromise, to negotiate, to strive for THE BEST THIS NATION CAN BE are either pitifully immature or pitifully naïve. Either way, that 'no compromise' ethic is anti-American.

The constitution of this nation was conceived and written through compromise. Imagine some rock brained Conservative walking out on the constitutional convention because he did not get precisely what he wanted when he wanted it! Petulant, childish and boorish best describe the 'no compromise' crowd.

At any rate, they should be ignored because they do not warrant credibility and respect.

It was easier for Reagan to negotiate with Gorby because the USSR had been defeated; that's the template for "negotiating with the Dems: win a crushing 2010 Victory, have their shrunken heads on our belts, then start negotiating

Christie is toast.

Finito.

It was easier for Reagan to negotiate with Gorby because the USSR had been defeated; that's the template for "negotiating with the Dems: win a crushing 2010 Victory, have their shrunken heads on our belts, then start negotiating
Too bad. Your no compromise position in indefensible. You ran away from the questions in my post. I can't blame you for that.

Christie is toast.

Finito.

The USSR collapsed in 1989, after Reagan was no longer in office.

Smerconish's observation is probably correct as to being shunned. Christie has a notoriously thin skin for a politician in my opinion.

I suspect that he is about to feel even more "betrayed" in the near future when the property shenanigans result in damaging testimony.

So far we have the $1 billion property development in Ft Lee, the Hoboken property deal and now the Bellville property that was given $6 million in Sandy Relief funds even though there was minimal property damage at all up there. On top of that we have the Harrison/Port Authority deal and Christie's brother making out by flipping nearby properties for a big profit.

Overall a pattern is starting to emerge that is going to be take a whole lot of 'splaining by the Governor. None of it might send up sticking to him but it won't be a pleasant smell to be around for the next few months and the GOP financial backers will be looking elsewhere for 2016 prospects in my opinion.

Forum List

Back