Interesting repercussion of Trump's wall with Mexico...

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Of course, I'm not just talking about building that "beautiful wall" but the concomitant promise that Mexico will pay for it (well, maybe later.)

Now, after China and Canada, Mexico is the 3rd largest trade partner with the U.S.....and that goes BOTH ways, Mexican goods going north and US good going south and beyond.

For better or worse, the huge trading is due to NAFTA (which I hated from way back to the early 90s)

But, piss off Mexico and soon some other trading partner will fill the void......China.

If China needs cars and oil....Mexico has them....If Mexico needs appliances and hard goods, China has them.....Yes, this could be the start of a beautiful relationship between Mexico and China and guess who will be the loser for the benefit of Trump's ego?

Of course, I'm not just talking about building that "beautiful wall" but the concomitant promise that Mexico will pay for it (well, maybe later.)

Now, after China and Canada, Mexico is the 3rd largest trade partner with the U.S.....and that goes BOTH ways, Mexican goods going north and US good going south and beyond.

For better or worse, the huge trading is due to NAFTA (which I hated from way back to the early 90s)

But, piss off Mexico and soon some other trading partner will fill the void......China.

If China needs cars and oil....Mexico has them....If Mexico needs appliances and hard goods, China has them.....Yes, this could be the start of a beautiful relationship between Mexico and China and guess who will be the loser for the benefit of Trump's ego?

China is not interested in mutually beneficial trade. THey want to benefit massively at the expense of their victims.

No one else is stupid enough to sign up for that.

Even if the rest of the world was willing to TRY to make up for the loss of US trade with China, they would want actual TRADE, not the predatory bullshit that China practices.

And the rest of the world is going to be looking to find replacement bitches for their share of the US trade, not looking to BE replacement bitches.

Your scenario is completely impossible.

Hillaryious, what the fuck is wrong with building the shit we need here instead of importing any of Mexico's and China's shit?

Dear Ricky LIbtardo
So when are we going to push to build production factories along the border
instead of just a wall. Why not develop entire business districts and create jobs to meet the demand.
If military bases, hospitals and prisons are concentrated there, then retired or reserve Veterans
can be stationed there to provide security. www.earnedamnesty.org

We have built car factories in china for sale in China.

China will not buy Mexican oil. It is very low quality with a lot of sulphur. China has enough smog.

China is not interested in mutually beneficial trade.

That is a seriously silly statement.

China absolutely wants trade beneficial to China, why the hell would they mind it benefitting their trade partner as well?

China is not interested in mutually beneficial trade.

That is seriously ridiculous and dumb.

China absolutely wants trade beneficial to China, why the hell would it mind it benefitting their trade partner as well?

Mutually beneficial trade benefits both sides reasonably.

BUT fucking someone? THat benefits you a lot at their expense. And it only has a downside if your victim have a spine.

We have not, for many decades.

China has gotten used to that. Now they are going to get a reality check.

If China needs cars and oil....Mexico has them....If Mexico needs appliances and hard goods, China has them.....Yes, this could be the start of a beautiful relationship between Mexico and China

The scenario you describe could be the best thing that ever happened to Mexico. Currently, thanks to an open border and duplicitous American governments, Mexico's number one export is drugs, their number one import is remittances from illegal workers in the US. Neither of those will allow Mexico to develop a proper industrial economy and become a stable, prosperous nation.

Closing off the border to the US will force Mexico to develop a proper economy or become a failed state. The decision must rest with them.

China will not buy Mexican oil. It is very low quality with a lot of sulphur. China has enough smog.
We need to introduce more stringent regulations over here to offset their pollution. We can pay higher prices for energy, can't we?

As I have said before, take away their foreign aid for a period of years.

Based on the rate of foreign aid to Mexico and based on the estimated cost of the wall , it would take 80 to 85 YEARS for us to be reimbursed.

Now, based on the intelligence age quotient of most right wingers, they MAY be around on that final grand day in the year 2097.

As I have said before, take away their foreign aid for a period of years.

Based on the rate of foreign aid to Mexico and based on the estimated cost of the wall , it would take 80 to 85 YEARS for us to be reimbursed.

Now, based on the intelligence age quotient of most right wingers, they MAY be around on that final grand day in the year 2097.
Do you have some hard data on those calculations or you just pulled it out of your....hat?

Last edited:
Hillaryious, what the fuck is wrong with building the shit we need here instead of importing any of Mexico's and China's shit?

Ricky Ritardo comes through with his "brilliant logic" ....Following the above wisdom, expect for your I Phone (for example) to be 5 to 7 times more expensive if we stopped trade with China.

True.....Now China will buy ALL the oil that the Keystone pipeline is sending fro Canada to Houston.....Of course, since the inevitable spills WILL occur, we will basically have become the "bitches" for Canadian profits and Chinese thirst for oil.

Ricky Ritardo comes through with his "brilliant logic" ....Following the above wisdom, expect for your I Phone (for example) to be 5 to 7 times more expensive if we stopped trade with China.
Are you still calculating the wall to repayment time frame? I asked you before:
Do you have some hard data on those calculations or you just pulled it out of your....hat?

Always some idiot libtardo bitching about higher minimum wage but doesn't want to pay higher prices. The something for nothing crowd.

The scenario you describe could be the best thing that ever happened to Mexico. Currently, thanks to an open border and duplicitous American governments, Mexico's number one export is drugs, their number one import is remittances from illegal workers in the US. Neither of those will allow Mexico to develop a proper industrial economy and become a stable, prosperous nation.

Closing off the border to the US will force Mexico to develop a proper economy or become a failed state. The decision must rest with them.

I agree..........Actually, a strong trade agreement between China and Mexico would GREATLY CURTAIL the influx of undocumented Mexican to our country,

Of course, businesses here would greatly suffer since the cheap labor will dry up, and a pound of tomatoes will probably cost $10 to $15.

I agree..........Actually, a strong trade agreement between China and Mexico would GREATLY CURTAIL the influx of undocumented Mexican to our country,

Of course, businesses here would greatly suffer since the cheap labor will dry up, and a pound of tomatoes will probably cost $10 to $15.

I grow my own tomatoes ... I can retire.

For reasons that are totally beyond me, Trumpettes seem to think that Americans will actually live in an economic paradise when they have to pay American workers American wages to build the 98% of the products they buy at Walmart that are currently imported from countries that presently pay their workers about $.50 per hour.

But, I admit, that it takes some really deep thinking to figure out the ramifications of that.

Last edited:

We need to introduce more stringent regulations over here to offset their pollution. We can pay higher prices for energy, can't we?
Offset their pollution?

Uh no. We don't control the world.

Forum List

Back