Iran refuses to hand over flight recorders of the crashed jet.

From the article:

Searchers have found the plane's black boxes -- a cockpit voice recorder and flight data recorder, which could offer crucial evidence about what happened to the plane leading up to the crash, the Tehran prosecutor told Iranian state media. But Iranian officials do not plan to share information garnered from them with the plane's manufacturer, US company Boeing, as is usual in crash investigations.
Boeing and our FAA have been kind of suspect since the handling of the 737 fiasco and we aren't on the friendliest terms right now, are we?

What does that have to do with handing over the black boxes for examination?

Then again why would Iran hold on to them when it is suspect how the plane crashed (which was in a ball of flames) in their country?

Then again why would Iran hold on to them when it is suspect how the plane crashed (which was in a ball of flames) in their country???? 1. Do they report to someone outside their country? 2. If they were responsible, do you think they would turn over evidence of their guilt. Has Trump? If they are innocent, they certainly do not trust us to clear them, and I actually doubt it would happen if it were true.
At this point, they are still looking at the wreckage, which is very very complicated. I have heard someone talking to a talking head, saying he had looked at the pictures released and did not see anything indicative of a missile strike or detonation, but could not rule it out. I attended the Army's avaition accident investigation school and I have no clue, but just about guarantee, the only person that could say it was a missle at this point are witnesses or the shooter. My opinion.

Yes they do!

Even the CNN article says it is standard policy, so is CNN lying? is it fake news?

From the article:

Searchers have found the plane's black boxes -- a cockpit voice recorder and flight data recorder, which could offer crucial evidence about what happened to the plane leading up to the crash, the Tehran prosecutor told Iranian state media. But Iranian officials do not plan to share information garnered from them with the plane's manufacturer, US company Boeing, as is usual in crash investigations.
Boeing and our FAA have been kind of suspect since the handling of the 737 fiasco and we aren't on the friendliest terms right now, are we?

Then again why would Iran hold on to them when it is suspect how the plane crashed (which was in a ball of flames) in their country?

Then again why would Iran hold on to them when it is suspect how the plane crashed (which was in a ball of flames) in their country???? 1. Do they report to someone outside their country? 2. If they were responsible, do you think they would turn over evidence of their guilt. Has Trump? If they are innocent, they certainly do not trust us to clear them, and I actually doubt it would happen if it were true.
At this point, they are still looking at the wreckage, which is very very complicated. I have heard someone talking to a talking head, saying he had looked at the pictures released and did not see anything indicative of a missile strike or detonation, but could not rule it out. I attended the Army's avaition accident investigation school and I have no clue, but just about guarantee, the only person that could say it was a missle at this point are witnesses or the shooter. My opinion.

Not really. Cockpit comms and so on tell allot. If it was technical then the pilots would relay that to the tower. It's very suspicious though.
Yep. Am I correct, they might not be able to decipher black box data, but might me able to access cockpit voice recorder? This did not come up in class 40 years ago.

Wouldent the tower also be recording as well? That seems like a no brainer. Funny thing though, I was listening to a guy on the radio and he pointed to things like this making the black box and cockpit recorders not ideal so they are making it so the info streams to the manufacturers. How this is t already done I don't understand.

I heard that they murdered a bunch of their own citizens who did not want to attend the funeral. They are just awful, awful . . . I can't even call them humans. I also saw a video of one of their leaders freaking out and smacking himself in the head, and then all the others started doing it too. It was like something out of a disturbing movie. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with them. They looked like a bunch of 5-year-olds throwing a temper tantrum. That "people" like them actually exist is pretty damn creepy.

From the article:

Not really. Cockpit comms and so on tell allot. If it was technical then the pilots would relay that to the tower. It's very suspicious though.

Yes but this all happened in Iran, so we we will probably never know the truth.

From the article:

Yup. That's why I don't get it. Stream that crap to the guys who built the airplane. No black box.

Yep. Am I correct, they might not be able to decipher black box data, but might me able to access cockpit voice recorder? This did not come up in class 40 years ago.

Wouldent the tower also be recording as well? That seems like a no brainer. Funny thing though, I was listening to a guy on the radio and he pointed to things like this making the black box and cockpit recorders not ideal so they are making it so the info streams to the manufacturers. How this is t already done I don't understand.

NAYLOR: Cost is clearly one obstacle to more widespread deployment of streaming technology. The system developed by the Canadian firm FLYHT would cost airlines $100,000 per plane to install. Another concern involves the pilots, who see too much information readily available as an invasion of their privacy.

Why Don't Planes Stream Their Flight Data In Real Time?

Yup. That's why I don't get it. Stream that crap to the guys who built the airplane. No black box.

Well do you think Iran would allow this in any case?

From the article:

Yes they do!

Even the CNN article says it is standard policy, so is CNN lying? is it fake news?
Is CNN going to go over and drag them from their hands? Not much going on in standard policy over ther lately. Have your ever seen a "standard policy" broken, sometimes with impunity. I have.

From the article:

Yes they do!

Is CNN going to go over and drag them from their hands? Not much going on in standard policy over ther lately. Have your ever seen a "standard policy" broken, sometimes with impunity. I have.

Yes asked if they report to someone outside their country, that is YES.

And no I think Iran will not play nice in this, since they probably shot it down with anti aircraft fire!

I heard the pilots never call in a problem or even an "Oh Sh#t". That is unusual.

I heard the pilots never call in a problem or even an "Oh Sh#t". That is unusual.

Well we probably will never know, since Iran controls all the information!

Yes they do!

Yes asked if they report to someone outside their country, that is YES.

And no I think Iran will not play nice in this, since they probably shot it down with anti aircraft fire!
I don't think they are willing to report to anyone, right now. Especially not us. We will see how the investigation goes.

Not necessarily. Ukraine could demand the information from the mullahs. Zelensky is a regular guy, who might well demand answers Their airliner was the one taken down. There were a lot of Canadians on the flight as well. Will Elizabeth I, Queen of all Canadians, stand up for her subjects?

There was a lady here earlier expressing, someday we will probably know. She is probably correct. You and I may be gone, but everything seems to come out sooner or later. Lately it has been sooner.

Not necessarily. Ukraine could demand the information from the mullahs. Zelensky is a regular guy, who might well demand answers Their airliner was the one taken down. There were a lot of Canadians on the flight as well. Will Elizabeth I, Queen of all Canadians, stand up for her subjects?
Ukraine has best bet.

If Iran did shoot down the jet, they would have some splainin to do to their own people. The manifest shows the majority of the passengers were Iranian (82) and no Americans on board.
Ukrainian plane crashes in Iran after takeoff, killing 176 on board - CNN
And who are they "supposed to" hand them off to?
The jet manufacturer since they are the experts on the recorders.

That's not or is it ever how it works. It doesn't even work that way here. It gets turned over to the FAA.

NAYLOR: Cost is clearly one obstacle to more widespread deployment of streaming technology. The system developed by the Canadian firm FLYHT would cost airlines $100,000 per plane to install. Another concern involves the pilots, who see too much information readily available as an invasion of their privacy.

They can phase it in on new aircraft and the pilots can find another job. It's not their house, not even their property. Pilots shouldn't have a say at all.

What a terrible week for the Iranians . . . earthquakes, losing their loser general, possibly killing 180 innocent people (not that they would care about that), shooting their own people for not wanting to attend the funeral of the loser, their failed attack on our embassy.

We have been waiting a LONG time for these "people" to come to their senses. Doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

They can phase it in on new aircraft and the pilots can find another job. It's not their house, not even their property. Pilots shouldn't have a say at all.

Then you will need to convince the unions of that!

Forum List

Back