Iran said to reject offer for direct nuclear talks with US

One of the worst things Trump did was exit the Iran deal, as there's no reason for Iran to trust future American regimes. Then, of course, Biden had to go and illegally bomb "Iranian militants" in Iran's ally Syria's borders. Another reason for them not to negotiate.
If there’s no reason to trust America they shouldn’t want any sort of deal with us, but the truth is they just want money to fund terrorism

One of the worst things Trump did was exit the Iran deal, as there's no reason for Iran to trust future American regimes. Then, of course, Biden had to go and illegally bomb "Iranian militants" in Iran's ally Syria's borders. Another reason for them not to negotiate.
Iran funds terrorists. It was Obama's failure to include that in the original deal. In fact, Obama looked the other way.
The U.S. funds terrorists; see ISIS in Syria.

The US didn't fund ISIS.. They were self funding with kidnapping for ransom, bank robbery, drug smuggling..
YUP. The US only guarded the poppy fields and facilitated transport/logistics.

You mean poppy fields in Afghanistan. They don't grow in Syria.

Iran knows they can do whatever they want, secure in the knowledge that if Israel takes out their nuke facilities Biden will bomb Jerusalem.

That man-child cannot resist starting a war!

You are mentally ill.

And you are a liberal posing as a human.
Difference is I have certifications that I am not as you state while practicing psychiatry without a license and that I am a human.

But have none.

No license.

No birth certificate.

Even in New York sock puppets don't get birth certificates but they CAN vote.

Last edited:
Iran funds terrorists. It was Obama's failure to include that in the original deal. In fact, Obama looked the other way.
Iran funds terrorists. Period. It wasn't addressed in the deal.
The U.S. funds terrorists. Period. It also wasn't addressed in the deal.

The deal wasn't about the US. Was it?

How about a regime change?
It wasn't? Seems to me the United States was party to the deal, and offered certain concessions as such.

The US didn't fund ISIS.. They were self funding with kidnapping for ransom, bank robbery, drug smuggling..
Obama gave arms to ISIS in Syria in an attempt to overthrow Assad.

What you say is true, but Iran is also funding the al Houthis attacks on KSA and the Bab al Mandab.
Not really a problem for the United States if the United States would quit occupying the Middle East, is it?
We fucked up so early that we have been having to play catch up for the past 60 years, leaving things as they are (even though I would very much like to pull out and leave it alone) could end up resulting in another dangerous enemy adding to the strength of Iran. (which is where we fucked up in '54)
Things will inevitably get worse when the United States does pull out, but the longer the U.S. stays the worse things will be when that day comes and the more money and lives will be wasted in the process. 20 years later and what do we have to show for our effort in Afghanistan? We can't change the cultures of these countries and it's not clear that we have the right to try let alone the cost.

If there’s no reason to trust America they shouldn’t want any sort of deal with us, but the truth is they just want money to fund terrorism
Well the topic here is that they rejected negotiations with the U.S., so I'm not sure what your point is exactly.

Exactly, trump did a lot of good but that was the worst thing he did.

Exactly,you are one of the few here that understands that.we are the most corrupt government in the world,anytime there are terrorists around the globe,the CIA is always behind it all,the one that funds them.totally disagree with you night and day though that us pulling out would be worse,best thing that could happen,we meddle in so many other countries affairs it’s sickening.we have military bases surrounding many countries around the world thst we have no business being there in the first place,countries are sick of our meddling.

Well the topic here is that they rejected negotiations with the U.S., so I'm not sure what your point is exactly.

yeah but it’s just postering. They want $$$$$ for:Boom2:

Exactly, trump did a lot of good but that was the worst thing he did.
I thought his attempts at diplomacy with North Korea could have been the best thing a president had done in my lifetime, but unfortunately it didn't get anywhere.

Exactly,you are one of the few here that understands that.we are the most corrupt government in the world,anytime there are terrorists around the globe,the CIA is always behind it all,the one that funds them.totally disagree with you night and day though that us pulling out would be worse,best thing that could happen,we meddle in so many other countries affairs it’s sickening.we have military bases surrounding many countries around the world thst we have no business being there in the first place,countries are sick of our meddling.
I think maybe you misunderstood what I was saying. I advocate the immediate withdrawal of all U.S. troops from around the globe. You name the country I want our troops out of it. That doesn't mean, however, that I can't admit that there are tradeoffs to that position. For example, if all American troops left Afghanistan it's likely that the Taliban would recapture control of that country which would be a horrible situation for many of the people living there. Now I believe that to be the better option, as I think the longer we stay the more lives and money we will lose, along with the lives of the people there, to prop up a situation that can't last no matter what we do. So the least bad option is to leave immediately, but it doesn't mean it's a good option. And yes, it is the fault of the people who supported intervention in the first place, not the fault of those of us advocating the end of the destructive policy, but it is still a bad situation and we can admit that.

Ok.

Ok.

Dude what do you care if we have sanctions on the world’s foremost terrorists? If Iran doesn’t want to do business with us great.....but that’s not the case. The negotiations began the second Biden took office. Hopefully Biden isn’t stupid enough to give them pallets of cash like Obama. I know the isolationist think the world would be a better place if the U.S. withdrew from every foreign policy venture, but the truth is that strategy would lead to more violence all other world and would also cause problems for us at home. Yeah instead of being cynical about America’s foreign policy, you should be proud of it. America makes the world a safer place.

No matter how many times we see how animals react to weakness, the democrats just don't get it.

It wasn't? Seems to me the United States was party to the deal, and offered certain concessions as such.

But, we aren't going anywhere. That isn't going to happen. That ship sailed.

It isn't that nobody "understands". It is simply reality. Iran can stop funding terrorists or they can be an extra large parking lot.

Ok.

Dude what do you care if we have sanctions on the world’s foremost terrorists? If Iran doesn’t want to do business with us great.....but that’s not the case. The negotiations began the second Biden took office. Hopefully Biden isn’t stupid enough to give them pallets of cash like Obama. I know the isolationist think the world would be a better place if the U.S. withdrew from every foreign policy venture, but the truth is that strategy would lead to more violence all other world and would also cause problems for us at home. Yeah instead of being cynical about America’s foreign policy, you should be proud of it. America makes the world a safer place.
Slogans aside, I oppose sanctions for the simple fact that sanctions harm the people of a country more far more than their government, and I don't see how it helps to cause more suffering among a people already being oppressed by their government.

Put simply, trade sanctions are a terrible foreign policy tool. They are not so much useless as counterproductive, serving to hurt ordinary people in the other country as well as your own while propping up the regime of which you disapprove.

At the very least, trade sanctions – including the suspension of a free trade agreement, which we might consider the softest trade sanction – push people in the targeted state towards their leaders. One reason why Communism survived in Cuba when it fell in most of the world was that American sanctions had created a siege mentality. The embargo allowed Fidel Castro to tell his countrymen that their poverty was caused, not by Marxist economics, but by the yanqui blockade.

Hannan is talking about China specifically, but the case against sanctions is a general principle.

But, we aren't going anywhere. That isn't going to happen. That ship sailed.

It isn't that nobody "understands". It is simply reality. Iran can stop funding terrorists or they can be an extra large parking lot.
Well, that's also not going to happen. So I guess we can both keep dreaming.

Iran has rebuffed an offer from the European Union to soon hold direct negotiations with the United States on Tehran’s nuclear program, the Wall Street Journal reported Sunday.

Citing two unnamed Western diplomats, the newspaper said Iran rejected the offer to hold talks in the coming days, as it wanted a pledge some US sanctions would be lifted after the meeting. Biden administration officials have said sanctions will not be lifted until Iran returns to compliance with the 2015 international accord limiting its nuclear program in exchange for sanctions relief.

The diplomats said there was still hope for resuming nuclear talks despite Iran’s spurning of the EU offer, and suggested that the rejection may be aimed at gaining negotiating leverage.

They absolutely want more leverage. With Biden, Iran will get it.
They want 1 trillion dollars.
Where's Obama?

And after they get that they will continue with their agenda anyway. they laugh at gimps like Kerry and Biden.

AS for obama's money shipments, you can bet a percentage of that got kicked back to the key players in overseas accounts.

What we learned from Iran was that you don't leave vermin who committed acts of war against you standing. Reagan negotiated with the terrorists and it has been a disaster ever since.

Forum List

Back