Irelands deputy prime minister wants you to know "austerity doesnt work".

'You Cannot Get an Economy to Recover Just by Doing Austerity Measures or Budget Discipline.'

:coffee:Stupid thread.......

Austerity is coming to the US, not a matter of if but a matter of when.

The only relevant ? becomes, who is going to be ready for it and who is not. Wish I could see a vid of Truth heading to the supermarket when it hits!!! Of course, having no real life responsibilities, peple like this have little to worry abut compared to the rest of us.

the irony is that before the meltdown Ireland was really doing EXACTLY what the GOP now wants America to have been doing.

STILL, Ireland went down the shitter right along with the rest of western civilization's economic system.

Now they're imposing austerity and that too is NOT working.

Ireland is the poster child for showing us that SUPPLY-SIDER ECONOMIC THEORY doesn't work.

Of course the other poster child is America.

they just keep backing historically failed ideas no matter what the facts show.

i just dont understand such wanton stupidity

when will the right admitt their economic plans are complete failures in practice?

This proves YET again their economic tennents do not work in practice.

Why do you insist on following historically failed ideas?

Republicans want Austerity.
Democrats want Tax Hikes.

Americans fight over which plan is better.

But you know what the best part is? Neither plan will work and the Bankers win no matter what! :clap2:

If it wasnt for reading 71,606 of your posts, I might not understand what you say.
Guess I am getting good at "monkey"
I think the GOP hides their intentions of austerity, IMO
But, TM, you do understand that tax increases in our economic situation is considered austerity as well, right? LOL

bullshi,

when you spend into a recession you have to get the money to do it.

you are wrong

when will the right admitt their economic plans are complete failures in practice?

WE ARE NOT CUTTING SPENDING.

What don't you understand about that?

Nobody was really just talking about cutting spending.

What don't you understand about that?

So define austerity.

Sorry but telling some wasteful government agency that they are going to get more than they did last year only 2% less than promised is not austerity nor is it a spending cut.

It ain't fucking rocket science.

You are so fuckin ignorant
Austerity is policies to reduce budget deficits in bad economic times
That would include increases, cuts or both
We are in austerity right now if you ask me

Forum List

Back