Irma, the people and the experts.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
As a procession of hurricanes marches across the Atlantic toward the mainland of the US again thoughts on climate change and weather forecasting come to mind. One mistake we should never make is to believe that human science has any meaningful control over weather patterns.

We are still as vulnerable to destructive storms today as we were in the Stone Age. In fact we are more susceptible in this technological modern era because we have chosen to build our largest cities in coastal areas right next to massive bodies of water.

After we entered the space age we were able to surround the Earth with satellites which gives us a lofted, panoramic perspective delivering an advanced view of approaching weather. But this just gives us a picture of what’s coming-good for warning people to prepare for and evacuate areas in a broad and changing target zone but experts have no idea how to stop bad weather.

Due to the fluid nature of the Earth’s atmosphere and its interaction with ocean temperatures along with gravity and the Earth’s rotation, it’s impossible for contemporary meteorological science to predict with certainty where a storm will hit until just before it makes landfall.

We must understand that climate science is as fluid and inexact as weather forecasting and those who use terms like “settled science” to blame anthropogenic climate change for hurricanes and tornados are operating more on misguided faith than actual fact.

Astronomers and physicists don’t even know what is holding the universe together-it should be flying apart according to “settled science”. They use terms like “dark matter” and “dark energy” to explain their lack of understanding. Unlike climate experts they admit they don’t know what’s really happening. But it’s easy for some to just blame people.

Now the people do share some blame and once again we are reminded that building crowded urban communities on coasts like New Orleans, Houston and Miami should be obviously problematic. Irma is demonstrating what can happen on a peninsula that juts five hundred miles into the Atlantic with several densely-populated cities right on the waterline.

It’s like working on the 101st floor of a high-rise because you like the view and the experts say it’s safe if an airplane hits. Sometimes you don’t just need to be smart you need to be clever enough not to blindly trust experts because they’ll just blame you anyway.

The people? Pfffffffffffffffffft, this is america, fuck the people.

Florida Risks More Irma Devastation Because Gov. Rick Scott Lifted Wetland Protections

Yes....let's trust left wing green fascists and whatever crap they claim........
Well, dumb fuck, the experts said that by pumping GHGs into the atmosphere we would create a warmer atmosphere and ocean that would create stronger storms and more extreme precipitation events. Harvey and Irma seem to be evidence that those predictions are pretty accurate. But since you think that scientists are all a bunch of communists that don't know anything, I suggest you hie your ignorant ass to the Keys right now. LOL

As a procession of hurricanes marches across the Atlantic toward the mainland of the US again thoughts on climate change and weather forecasting come to mind. One mistake we should never make is to believe that human science has any meaningful control over weather patterns.

We are still as vulnerable to destructive storms today as we were in the Stone Age. In fact we are more susceptible in this technological modern era because we have chosen to build our largest cities in coastal areas right next to massive bodies of water.

After we entered the space age we were able to surround the Earth with satellites which gives us a lofted, panoramic perspective delivering an advanced view of approaching weather. But this just gives us a picture of what’s coming-good for warning people to prepare for and evacuate areas in a broad and changing target zone but experts have no idea how to stop bad weather.

Due to the fluid nature of the Earth’s atmosphere and its interaction with ocean temperatures along with gravity and the Earth’s rotation, it’s impossible for contemporary meteorological science to predict with certainty where a storm will hit until just before it makes landfall.

We must understand that climate science is as fluid and inexact as weather forecasting and those who use terms like “settled science” to blame anthropogenic climate change for hurricanes and tornados are operating more on misguided faith than actual fact.

Astronomers and physicists don’t even know what is holding the universe together-it should be flying apart according to “settled science”. They use terms like “dark matter” and “dark energy” to explain their lack of understanding. Unlike climate experts they admit they don’t know what’s really happening. But it’s easy for some to just blame people.

Now the people do share some blame and once again we are reminded that building crowded urban communities on coasts like New Orleans, Houston and Miami should be obviously problematic. Irma is demonstrating what can happen on a peninsula that juts five hundred miles into the Atlantic with several densely-populated cities right on the waterline.

It’s like working on the 101st floor of a high-rise because you like the view and the experts say it’s safe if an airplane hits. Sometimes you don’t just need to be smart you need to be clever enough not to blindly trust experts because they’ll just blame you anyway.

Florida Risks More Irma Devastation Because Gov. Rick Scott Lifted Wetland Protections

Yes....let's trust left wing green fascists and whatever crap they claim........

Funny how the scientific experts almost always seem to be "liberals", isn't it? Or maybe you're delusional.

It's odd that "thoughts are turned" to anything right now other than 26,000 people in Florida are currently without power and the real fun hasn't even started yet.

It's odd that "thoughts are turned" to anything right now other than 26,000 people in Florida are currently without power and the real fun hasn't even started yet.

Actually the real fun already started in the Leeward Islands, the VI, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas and (currently) Cuba. There's a million people in Puerto Rico alone who will be without power for four to six MONTHS.

-- and yet all a bizzarro sect of USMB sociopaths are worried about is "My God, protect the guns!!"
hair-fire.gif

Last edited:

Actually the real fun already started in the Leeward Islands, the VI, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas and (currently) Cuba.

-- and yet all a bizzarro sect of USMB posters are worried about is "My Got, protect the guns!!"
hair-fire.gif

I know. I have been watching it.

It's a category 3 right now but that is only because of Cuba.

Actually the real fun already started in the Leeward Islands, the VI, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas and (currently) Cuba.

-- and yet all a bizzarro sect of USMB posters are worried about is "My Got, protect the guns!!"
hair-fire.gif

Damn Commies. See, if United Fruit and the Mob still ran the place we could have a Cat 5 AND guns.

hair-fire.gif

Damn Commies. See, if United Fruit and the Mob still ran the place we could have a Cat 5 AND guns.

I know, right? You might get that Cat 5 before it's all said and done with.

hair-fire.gif

I won't, but somebody will.

Key West. That's because they're all gay there.

Our Appalachian mountains will starve her to death. She'll be a whimper by the time they get through with her. Like a big set of teeth. Chomp chomp. :D

hair-fire.gif

I won't, but somebody will.

Key West. That's because they're all gay there.

Our Appalachian mountains will starve her to death. She'll be a whimper by the time they get through with her. Like a big set of teeth. Chomp chomp. :D

You're a nut. I think Key West will see a 3 or a 4 because.......Cuba. Once it crosses the Keys all bets are off. Trajectory-shmajectory. It wouldn't be the first time a hurricane hits open water and picks up speed. It could even turn around and sucker punch Florida again.

Actually the real fun already started in the Leeward Islands, the VI, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas and (currently) Cuba. There's a million people in Puerto Rico alone who will be without power for four to six MONTHS.

-- and yet all a bizzarro sect of USMB sociopaths are worried about is "My God, protect the guns!!"
hair-fire.gif

Come get them.

Idiots like you propagate looters and all manner of crime.

Well, dumb fuck, the experts said that by pumping GHGs into the atmosphere we would create a warmer atmosphere and ocean that would create stronger storms and more extreme precipitation events. Harvey and Irma seem to be evidence that those predictions are pretty accurate. But since you think that scientists are all a bunch of communists that don't know anything, I suggest you hie your ignorant ass to the Keys right now. LOL

Well, stupid fuck...where were the storms for the last 12 years......

You are telling us we have never had hurricanes before? Really.....? Are you this stupid for real, or do you just pretend to be stupid when you post....?

Let's label shit so we don't have to deal with it, 'cuz we can't.

No...let's put a name to fascists so we know who they are so we can tell what they want to do to us...

Let's label shit so we don't have to deal with it, 'cuz we can't.

No...let's put a name to fascists so we know who they are so we can tell what they want to do to us...
You're Jewish? Sounds like they won't want you to replace them, but they seem confused, I mean hell, they carry Polynesian tiki torches.

Well, stupid fuck...where were the storms for the last 12 years......

You are telling us we have never had hurricanes before? Really.....? Are you this stupid for real, or do you just pretend to be stupid when you post....?
Poor Florida, they're facing a category 5 liberal hoax.

You can follow the fake news here shoog:

Forecasters call for above average Atlantic hurricane season in 2017

2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season

Last edited:
Well, dumb fuck, the experts said that by pumping GHGs into the atmosphere we would create a warmer atmosphere and ocean that would create stronger storms and more extreme precipitation events. Harvey and Irma seem to be evidence that those predictions are pretty accurate.
Based on what perspective? 130 years? An eye blink.
Lefties' adamance on AGW betrays its lack of veracity.

Forum List

Back