IRS Chief: I Didn't Retaliate Against Hunter Biden Probe Whistleblowers—It Was the DOJ

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

IRS Chief: I Didn't Retaliate Against Hunter Biden Probe Whistleblowers

It Was the DOJ

24 May 2023 ~~ By Bob Hoge

In response to the whistleblowers who alleged that the IRS gave preferential treatment to first son Hunter Biden being abruptly taken off the case last week in what appeared to be an obvious retaliatory move, Internal Revenue Service Commissioner Daniel Werfel said that it wasn’t his call.
Instead, it was the Department of Justice.
No surprise there, considering we’re living under probably the most politicized DOJ in our history, one that routinely applies two different standards depending on which side of the political aisle someone stands on.
In a letter to the House Ways and Means Committee dated May 17 and obtained by Fox News, the commissioner explains what went down:
“I want to state unequivocally that I have not intervened—and will not intervene—in any way that would impact the status of any whistleblower,” Werfel said.​
“The IRS whistleblower you reference alleges that the change in their work assignment came at the direction of the Department of Justice. As a general matter and not in reference to any specific case, I believe it is important to emphasize that in any matter involving federal judicial proceedings, the IRS follows the direction of the Justice Department.” [Bolding mine.]​
I love that phrase, “change in work assignment.” We know that means the whistleblower was punished and given some junk job like mopping the closets. Werfel proceeded to use the tactic that it seems all agency heads who appear before Congress use. Namely, cite the desperate need for secrecy:
~Snip~
In an April 27 appearance before the committee, the commissioner said “I can say without any hesitation there will be no retaliation for anyone making an allegation or a call to a whistleblower hotline.”
That didn’t age well.
As I reported in April, an IRS watchdog turned whistleblower alleged that federal prosecutors engaged in “preferential treatment and politics” in their treatment of President Joe Biden’s son Hunter—and even tried to block criminal tax charges against him.
On Monday, a second whistleblower was revealed who worked under the original informant and who backed his claims. He was immediately threatened with prosecution from IRS brass. Meanwhile, there are multiple whistleblowers over at the FBI alleging corruption within its ranks.
~Snip~
It’s apparent that Attorney General Merrick Garland and the DOJ aren’t even bothering to pretend anymore that their raison d’être is to pursue equal justice for all. They—the very people in charge of upholding the law—think they’re above it.

Commentary:
Odd, so now the DOJ/FSB runs the IRS which is part of Department of the Treasury? Interesting. At least the FBI is officially on DOJ’s organizational chart..... of course it’s all a good scam. Who would you call if an organization of the US Government broke the law?
So, If the addition is correct, we now have four FBI whistleblowers and two IRS Whistleblowers a total of 6 people telling virtually the same story of corruption in the DOJ, DFBI and DoJ all pointed at Attorney General Merrick Garland.

images

The question is no longer whether they are irredeemably corrupt. The only question now is who will do anything about it? The reason that question badly needs answering is that these thugs aren't even trying to hide their corruption any longer. The smug bastards have all started sneering like Strzok. They - like that greasy bastard - all think they are untouchable due to the web of bureaucratic criminal scum that permeate every part of DC.

I don't think you understand what you read.

The whistleblower is accusing DOJ people he is working with on Hunter case of preferential treatment and it seems to be said that his testimony has become part of a justice proceeding (investigation).

How exactly would you have those DOJ people continue working with him on the case? Of course he was re-assigned.

ASSumptions that he was somehow demoted are baseless.

Last edited:

The whistleblower is accusing DOJ people he is working with on Hunter case of preferential treatment and it seems to be said that his testimony has become part of a justice proceeding (investigation).

How exactly would you have those DOJ people continue working with him on the case? Of course he was re-assigned.

The latest excuse from the demented LEFT: "You misunderstood"; "You've read it wrong"; and here, "I don't think you understand what you read."

Here's what was read..."
In a letter to the House Ways and Means Committee dated May 17 and obtained by Fox News, the commissioner explains what went down:
“I want to state unequivocally that I have not intervened—and will not intervene—in any way that would impact the status of any whistleblower,” Werfel said.
The IRS whistleblower you reference alleges that the change in their work assignment came at the direction of the Department of Justice. As a general matter and not in reference to any specific case, I believe it is important to emphasize that in any matter involving federal judicial proceedings, the IRS follows the direction of the Justice Department.

Words mean things no matter how the demented LEFT say otherwise, Anton!!!

:rolleyes:

It Was the DOJ

In response to the whistleblowers who alleged that the IRS gave preferential treatment to first son Hunter Biden being abruptly taken off the case last week in what appeared to be an obvious retaliatory move, Internal Revenue Service Commissioner Daniel Werfel said that it wasn’t his call.
No surprise there, considering we’re living under probably the most politicized DOJ in our history, one that routinely applies two different standards depending on which side of the political aisle someone stands on.
“I want to state unequivocally that I have not intervened—and will not intervene—in any way that would impact the status of any whistleblower,” Werfel said.​
“The IRS whistleblower you reference alleges that the change in their work assignment came at the direction of the Department of Justice. As a general matter and not in reference to any specific case, I believe it is important to emphasize that in any matter involving federal judicial proceedings, the IRS follows the direction of the Justice Department.” [Bolding mine.]​
I love that phrase, “change in work assignment.” We know that means the whistleblower was punished and given some junk job like mopping the closets. Werfel proceeded to use the tactic that it seems all agency heads who appear before Congress use. Namely, cite the desperate need for secrecy:
~Snip~
In an April 27 appearance before the committee, the commissioner said “I can say without any hesitation there will be no retaliation for anyone making an allegation or a call to a whistleblower hotline.”
That didn’t age well.
As I reported in April, an IRS watchdog turned whistleblower alleged that federal prosecutors engaged in “preferential treatment and politics” in their treatment of President Joe Biden’s son Hunter—and even tried to block criminal tax charges against him.
On Monday, a second whistleblower was revealed who worked under the original informant and who backed his claims. He was immediately threatened with prosecution from IRS brass. Meanwhile, there are multiple whistleblowers over at the FBI alleging corruption within its ranks.
~Snip~
It’s apparent that Attorney General Merrick Garland and the DOJ aren’t even bothering to pretend anymore that their raison d’être is to pursue equal justice for all. They—the very people in charge of upholding the law—think they’re above it.

Commentary:
Odd, so now the DOJ/FSB runs the IRS which is part of Department of the Treasury? Interesting. At least the FBI is officially on DOJ’s organizational chart..... of course it’s all a good scam. Who would you call if an organization of the US Government broke the law?
So, If the addition is correct, we now have four FBI whistleblowers and two IRS Whistleblowers a total of 6 people telling virtually the same story of corruption in the DOJ, DFBI and DoJ all pointed at Attorney General Merrick Garland.
Garland needs to be sent to Leavenworth for 60 years

It Was the DOJ

~Snip~
That didn’t age well.
~Snip~

Commentary:
Maybe the IRS Chief found a horses head in his bed when he woke up?

Correct.
Wait a minute. Really?

A guy points out that the DOJ investigators are giving Biden preferential treatment so your logical conclusion is:

Well, that guy is out of there! How else can those DOJ people working with him to give Biden preferential treatment? Put in a guy that knows how to keep his mouth shut, for Pete's sake! There is NO OTHER OPTION.
Why not just send some less biased DOJ people to work with the IRS? Are there really none, or are all the unbiased DOJ people already suspended without pay at this point?

The latest excuse from the demented LEFT: "You misunderstood"; "You've read it wrong"; and here, "I don't think you understand what you read."

Here's what was read..."
“I want to state unequivocally that I have not intervened—and will not intervene—in any way that would impact the status of any whistleblower,” Werfel said.
The IRS whistleblower you reference alleges that the change in their work assignment came at the direction of the Department of Justice. As a general matter and not in reference to any specific case, I believe it is important to emphasize that in any matter involving federal judicial proceedings, the IRS follows the direction of the Justice Department.

Words mean things no matter how the demented LEFT say otherwise, Anton!!!

:rolleyes:
What is it you think you refuted?

You’ve just repeated same shit I already addressed.

Correct.

Wait a minute. Really?

A guy points out that the DOJ investigators are giving Biden preferential treatment so your logical conclusion is:

Well, that guy is out of there! How else can those DOJ people working with him to give Biden preferential treatment? Put in a guy that knows how to keep his mouth shut, for Pete's sake! There is NO OTHER OPTION.

Why not just send some less biased DOJ people to work with the IRS? Are there really none, or are all the unbiased DOJ people already suspended without pay at this point?
What whistleblower claims and facts if the matter are not one and the same. He has his story, and his DOJ counterparts have theirs. There seems to be a DoJ investigation into the matter but Hunter’s case needs to move on.

Correct.

Wait a minute. Really?

Who told you that DOJ people were not re-assigned as well?

What whistleblower claims and facts if the matter are not one and the same. He has his story, and his DOJ counterparts have theirs. There seems to be a DoJ investigation into the matter but Hunter’s case needs to move on.
The DOJ investigates itself, again!

Who told you that DOJ people were not re-assigned as well?
You specified that "of course he was reassigned."

You said nothing about the DOJ investigators being reassigned. If you have evidence of that, present it.

Obviously, they were chosen because they were trusted to give preferential treatment to Hunter. Why reasssign them only to have to find more who will give preferential treatment?

BTW, I do respect the fact that you are not denying the preferential treatment. Kudos.

It Was the DOJ

~Snip~
That didn’t age well.
~Snip~

Commentary:
Didn't he run the KGB for Putin?

You specified that "of course he was reassigned."

You said nothing about the DOJ investigators being reassigned. If you have evidence of that, present it.

Obviously, they were chosen because they were trusted to give preferential treatment to Hunter. Why reasssign them only to have to find more who will give preferential treatment?

BTW, I do respect the fact that you are not denying the preferential treatment. Kudos.

Neither I or you know the details of any of that, it's speculations, nothing more and the way people here draw loud conclusions is silly.

Forum List

Back