IRS says Trump can release his tax returns even if under audit

So many insincere demands!

Sincerity, of course, requiring all such sniveling queries be accompanied bt a .pdf file if the whiner's own tax returns.

I am not a Trump supporter. Having said that:

1. Releasing tax information is not a requirement for running for president.

2. His lawyers reconmended that he does not release them. Why give the IRS thousands of extra eyes to try to find something wrong?

He wants to be president. He should be able to take a little scrutiny.

Why should he? So Reid can attack him and lie again on the Senate floor with immunity?

From the OP:

However, the head of the IRS has said that being under audit in no way prevents Trump from releasing his tax returns.

What is your point? Trump never said it was illegal to release your tax returns while under audit. He said he didn't want to while under audit. Of course the IRS will say he can do it. Good Lord you liberals lie.

Sorry, but Nixon released his tax returns back in 1973 when he was undergoing an audit.

What is Trump trying to hide?

Sorry, but Nixon released his tax returns back in 1973 when he was undergoing an audit.

The IRS can stop auditing Trump at any time.....

You're right................the IRS can stop auditing Trump at any time.

However......................Trump can also release his tax returns at any time.

Why hasn't he?
Why hasn't the IRS stopped auditing him....it's really,that simple....

Your tax returns are legal to shield from the public as long as you are not cheating. I have nothing to hide and releasing my tax returns would be a minor inconvenience and would reluctantly do it to qualm all questions about my honesty and integrity.

At this point he also needs to prove that he's been audited every year for the past twelve years.

At this point he also needs to prove that he's been audited every year for the past twelve years.

Millionaires have CPA's in employ who wear wing tip shoes. Billionaires must have a gaggle of CPA's in employ wearing cowboy boots.

However......................Trump can also release his tax returns at any time.

Why hasn't he?

You're right. Why hasn't the IRS stopped auditing him? Probably because every year he has things in his tax returns that bring a bit of suspicion.

Me? I've only been audited once by the IRS, and that is when I finally turned 48.

It's also been the last time, and currently I'm 52.

Only 1 audit during that time. Maybe it's because I earn less than 30,000/yr.

Why hasn't he?

You're right. Why hasn't the IRS stopped auditing him? Probably because every year he has things in his tax returns that bring a bit of suspicion.

Me? I've only been audited once by the IRS, and that is when I finally turned 48.

It's also been the last time, and currently I'm 52.

Only 1 audit during that time. Maybe it's because I earn less than 30,000/yr.
Link to any action by the IRS against Trump?

He is not releasing his tax returns because they will make him look worse than not releasing them makes him look.

It's really that simple.

He is not releasing his tax returns because they will make him look worse than not releasing them makes him look.

It's really that simple.
No, he said he will release them when the audit is complete...

It's really that simple...

It's really that simple.

The audit is complete on past years. Release them.

He will drag out the audit until the election is over. That's easily done.

It's really that simple.

The audit is not complete....

The IRS should just stop audit then....no?

It's really that simple.

The audit is not complete....

The IRS should just stop audit then....no?

There is no ban on releasing tax returns under audit.

Trump can start by releasing earlier years that either weren't audited or the audits are finished.

Forum List

Back