IRS: We can read emails without warrant

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has claimed that agents do not need warrants to read people's emails, text messages and other private electronic communications, according to internal agency documents.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), which obtained the documents through a Freedom of Information Act request, released the information on Wednesday.

Read more: IRS: We can read emails without warrant - The Hill's Hillicon Valley
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Huh....who knew.

And that's a bad thing in what way? The US is going broke from Rich People hiding their money. If the IRS can get that money that's owed to them by reading our e-mails then I say it's a good thing!

Bernanke at the Fed can't be expected to help, he's busy printing up 84 Billion Dollars a month for the Banks.

And that's a bad thing in what way? The US is going broke from Rich People hiding their money. If the IRS can get that money that's owed to them by reading our e-mails then I say it's a good thing!

Bernanke at the Fed can't be expected to help, he's busy printing up 84 Billion Dollars a month for the Banks.

In what way? "Every".

Somehow I doubt that the stories of rich people hiding their money can be found in their e-mails.

This will be ignored because Obama is President.

The tryanny of the Government is growing on a daily basis.

• Banned
Um...ok.. in EVERY way possible.

The fourth amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses,
papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and
seizures, shall not be violated; and no Warrants shall issue,
but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and
particularly describing the place to be searched and the
persons or things to be seized.

Without a warrant no government agency has the power to search "persons, houses, papers, and effects." They need probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, to gain a warrant that describes the place to be searched and the person or things to be seized.

It seems pretty clear that they are overstepping their authority.

The tryanny of the Government is growing on a daily basis.

I wish this was an exaggeration, like tyranny is actually growing on a yearly, or fuck, even monthly basis, but it actually is a DAILY BASIS.

Seriously, every day I think "It can't really get much worse tomorrow, they wouldn't dare." Only to see they dared each and every day.

First it was the EPA giving out private information to Left wing groups of Ranchers and farmers.. Then this.

Don't forget Obama closing the White House to the average American because the Government can't afford to keep it open, but he can blow $400,000 of tax payer money on a private party for his wife and kids.

The fourth amendment:

Without a warrant no government agency has the power to search "persons, houses, papers, and effects." They need probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, to gain a warrant that describes the place to be searched and the person or things to be seized.

The IRS is not a government agency. It is a private government corporation.
http://www.supremelaw.org/sls/31answers.htm

The IRS is a government corporation created by the Secretary of the Treasury pursuant to a congressional statutory grant of authority (see specifically IRC § 7801). The IRS is not an agency of the United States Government but it is declared by statute [International Contract Law, UCC] to be a federal agency of the United States. The United States Government was created by the Constitution as a central government representing the interests of the several States. Congress, however, is delegated authority over its territory and other property, i.e., the United States, pursuant to Art. 4 § 3(2), Congress' power to make "all needful rules and regulations" over its territory, i.e., United States' property or real estate. Acting in this capacity, Congress is not acting as a central government for the several States but is acting in the capacity as a state legislature over its territory and other property. The federal income tax is not pursuant to Art 1 § 8(1) but Art. 4 § 3(2). The Secretary in IRC § 7805 is delegated the authority to enforce Title 26 with "all needful rules and regulations." The Commissioner has only the authority the Secretary delegates to him as he is an inferior or subordinate public officer. No authority to enforce the internal revenue laws is delegated to him by statute. A Treasury Order specifically names the Commissioner to be the Chief Executive Officer of the IRS. The IRS is a government corporation which administers taxes laid within United States' territories and insular possessions and upon those who are subject to Congress' Art. 4 § 3(2) legislative jurisdiction, i.e., the "citizen of the United States" wherever resident.

The IRS is actually a private collection agency hired by and working for the U.S. Dept of the Treasury as a revenue collection subcontractor. They are exactly what they say they are A REVENUE COLLECTION SERVICE, not much different than the ones working for Banks that need to collect outstanding credit card debt. It is no different than Blackwater which is a private contract para-military police force. Do you understand now?

Last edited:
The fourth amendment:

The IRS is not a government agency. It is a private corporation.

You will have to back that up. Their employees are Federal Employees. Their website is a .gov site.

The right even applies to you and me. It would be a civil rights crime for me to hack into your email and read it - it is also a criminal offense - just like it is for the IRS or FBI or CIA or DHS.

The fourth amendment:

The IRS is not a government agency. It is a private corporation.

You will have to back that up. Their employees are Federal Employees. Their website is a .gov site.

I did.

Rev. Jesse told to put away his straight-razor...
:tongue:
'Angry' Obama Forces Acting Tax Chief To Resign
May 15, 2013 — President Barack Obama says Treasury Secretary Jack Lew has asked for and received the resignation of the acting director of the Internal Revenue Service. The tax collecting agency was found to have been improperly targeting conservative groups.
The president spoke Wednesday after meeting with Lew and his top deputy to review a report from the Treasury Department inspector general. The report found that the IRS singled out for scrutiny conservative groups which were seeking tax-exempt status. Top IRS officials acknowledged the abuses earlier this week and apologized. Obama said new leadership is needed in the agency. “Today, Secretary Lew took the first step by requesting and accepting the resignation of the acting commissioner of the IRS," said President Obama. "Because given the controversy surrounding this audit, it is important to institute new leadership that can help restore confidence going forward.”

Obama, who some critics say has not responded quickly or strongly enough, said he is angry about the incident. “I have reviewed the Treasury Department watchdog’s report, and the misconduct that it uncovered is inexcusable. It is inexcusable, and Americans are right to be angry about it, and I am angry about it," said Obama. The president said he has directed Secretary Lew to immediately put in place the safeguards the inspector general has proposed to prevent any further abuses.

He also said his administration will work with Congress to investigate and ensure that actions of this kind are never repeated. “Democrats and Republicans owe it to the American people to treat that authority with the responsibility it deserves, and in a way that does not smack of politics and partisan agendas," he said. Earlier Wednesday, the Republican Speaker of the House of Representatives, John Boehner, alleged that crimes were committed in the matter. “My question is not about who is going to resign," said Boehner. "My question is, who is going to jail over this scandal?”

Obama promised to take reporters’ questions on the matter Thursday, at a news conference after his White House meeting with visiting Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan. The president is also dealing with two other controversies - the administration’s response to last year’s deadly attack on the U.S. diplomatic facility in Benghazi, Libya, and the government seizure of Associated Press phone records in a leak investigation.

Source

Forum List

Back