Is 30 days in jail fair for ice cream licker

Texas man gets 30 days in jail for licking Blue Bell ice cream at Walmart

The man's father says his son licked the ice cream because he was just trying to get Facebook likes.

A fine and several hours of community service is appropriate, in my opinion. I don't think jail time is necessary unless there is evidence he was doing something purposely to cause contamination or illness.
Maybe he could just be ordered to use someone else's toothbrush or something.

If we had a better law enforcement system he would not get any jail time. He would get 30 lashes with a cat o nine tails. Then pay a fine, restitution, and community service in an infectious disease contagion ward.

The man's father says his son licked the ice cream because he was just trying to get Facebook likes.

A fine and several hours of community service is appropriate, in my opinion. I don't think jail time is necessary unless there is evidence he was doing something purposely to cause contamination or illness.

How does that help society?

How does a whipping with a cat-o-nine-tails or throwing him in jail for 30 cays?

Depends on the county but our jails are not pleasant. In 30 days he'll probably need to throw down 5 or 6 times and if he doesn't successfully defend himself, he'll be 'gay for the stay'. This is ice cream licker vs. armed robbers and thugs. He won't ever do it again, I assure you. His night terrors for the next 3 years will be courtesy of the State.... no charge.

No wonder we have the largest prison system in the world.
No one wants to get coronavirus because of assholes like this. Stupidity like this could kill someone. Furthermore, the reason we have a high prison population is because we have the best investigators in the world. People arent being thrown in prison for just walking down the street.

No wonder we have the largest prison system in the world.
No one wants to get coronavirus because of assholes like this. Stupidity like this could kill someone. Furthermore, the reason we have a high prison population is because we have the best investigators in the world. People arent being thrown in prison for just walking down the street.

He bought the exact tub of ice cream he licked. He was being an asshole, but he obviously wasn't trying to be THAT big of an asshole.

A return to public flogging would save many taxpayer dollars.

I'd settle for the chain gangs again. We had them when I was going up and seeing them out there working and sweating along the roadside in that hot South Carolina sun with Josh our local county chain gang guard watching over them seemed a effictive deterrent. No one locked their cars or their doors as everyone stayed on the straight and narrow lest they had to spend time with Josh. And Josh looked every bit the stereotypical part with his big belly, bib overalls, straw hat, sun glasses and shot gun.

Last edited:

How does a whipping with a cat-o-nine-tails or throwing him in jail for 30 cays?

It let's knuckleheads down the road know that there are actual consequences.

Forum List

Back