Is 30 days in jail fair for ice cream licker

Texas man gets 30 days in jail for licking Blue Bell ice cream at Walmart

The man's father says his son licked the ice cream because he was just trying to get Facebook likes.
No wonder we have the largest prison system in the world.
If you follow the link you will see there was a second black teen in Texas doing tjr same thing

These morons are doing a lot of harm to the company and need to be dealt with strongly

maybe not caneing like they do in singapore but 30 days in jail, plus the $1,000 fine and 100 hours picking up trash will be a good lesson for them

So, $1000, while out of work for 30 days (which could get them fired), and doing 100 hours of unpaid labor will make them more productive citizens?
Unless he gets killed in a drug deal gone bad this kid has decades to overcome his stupidity by learning from this incident

Did Arianna Grande do jail time for licking the doughnuts in the bakery?

She shook her tush. We do stupid things. But there are people empowered who look for it and make something trivial into a major issue. That also includes people who pass on information.

The man's father says his son licked the ice cream because he was just trying to get Facebook likes.
No one wants to get coronavirus because of assholes like this. Stupidity like this could kill someone. Furthermore, the reason we have a high prison population is because we have the best investigators in the world. People arent being thrown in prison for just walking down the street.

He bought the exact tub of ice cream he licked. He was being an asshole, but he obviously wasn't trying to be THAT big of an asshole.
If that was true, he wouldnt be going to jail.

No one wants to get coronavirus because of assholes like this. Stupidity like this could kill someone. Furthermore, the reason we have a high prison population is because we have the best investigators in the world. People arent being thrown in prison for just walking down the street.

He bought the exact tub of ice cream he licked. He was being an asshole, but he obviously wasn't trying to be THAT big of an asshole.

If he bought "exact tub" he licked, why would store have to replace all ice cream on display?

From the article: "It cost Blue Bell Creameries $1,565 to replace all of the ice cream in the display case."
I seriously doubt he went back and bought that exact tub. Just because he said he did, doesnt mean its true.

If he bought "exact tub" he licked, why would store have to replace all ice cream on display?

From the article: "It cost Blue Bell Creameries $1,565 to replace all of the ice cream in the display case."

Well... let me tell you a true story...

When I was only 11 or 12 years old I was busted for shoplifting a pack of notepads and pencils at a grocery store. Days later my mother received a letter from the store demanding something like $300 in restitution. One of their reasonings was the "emotional distress" I placed on the employees. These stores will find any reason to get as much money out of you as they can.

If I had been caught doing some shit like that, I would have had to stand for the next week at least. And that's after paying the store back.

I seriously doubt he went back and bought that exact tub. Just because he said he did, doesnt mean its true.

It's a conspiracy!
its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Sure he was being that bad of an asshole

I doubt if the little punk made that info pubic on his Facebook page

Of course not. It was a stunt. Who does some outrageous stunt, and scales it back in the exact same video? That kinda discredits the entire "stunt".

If you're doing stupid shit like that for Facebook likes, you deserve to be thrown in jail.

Only, 30 days is not enough to forget that Facebook even exists.

This is why you aren't an authority over anything. No qualifications.

What are your qualifications to determine who is?

If not she should have

You seem to obsess on the behaviors of other people not affiliated with you at all. Why is that? Are you not satisfied enough with minding your own business?
She is a public figure who has gone to great lengths to get noticed

And?
We noticed her licking the donuts and realized what a piece of shit she is

Sure he was being that bad of an asshole

I doubt if the little punk made that info pubic on his Facebook page

Of course not. It was a stunt. Who does some outrageous stunt, and scales it back in the exact same video? That kinda discredits the entire "stunt".
In that case he got what he deserved

If you're doing stupid shit like that for Facebook likes, you deserve to be thrown in jail.

Only, 30 days is not enough to forget that Facebook even exists.

This is why you aren't an authority over anything. No qualifications.

What are your qualifications to determine who is?

I am your overlord, and I don't approve of your comments. :auiqs.jpg: Seriously, how are you this obtuse? Is it intentional?

If not she should have

You seem to obsess on the behaviors of other people not affiliated with you at all. Why is that? Are you not satisfied enough with minding your own business?

And?

Wow! Can you precisely describe how this has affected your personal life? You seem really triggered about it, so it must be really bad for you.

If not she should have

And?

Wow! Can you precisely describe how this has affected your personal life? You seem really triggered about it, so it must be really bad for you.
More than her singing which is pretty bad

And?

More than her singing which is pretty bad

You seem to be a funny guy. How's that working out for you?

A fine and several hours of community service is appropriate, in my opinion. I don't think jail time is necessary unless there is evidence he was doing something purposely to cause contamination or illness.
Who pays the store for the product he ruined?

He did the same day.
No. He didn't. The public felt unsafe buying that product. The store felt they had to clear the shelves. He didn't pay nearly enough.

Forum List

Back