Is 30 days in jail fair for ice cream licker

Texas man gets 30 days in jail for licking Blue Bell ice cream at Walmart

The man's father says his son licked the ice cream because he was just trying to get Facebook likes.
No wonder we have the largest prison system in the world.
No one wants to get coronavirus because of assholes like this. Stupidity like this could kill someone. Furthermore, the reason we have a high prison population is because we have the best investigators in the world. People arent being thrown in prison for just walking down the street.

He bought the exact tub of ice cream he licked. He was being an asshole, but he obviously wasn't trying to be THAT big of an asshole.
Irrelevant. How many copycats did that inspire.

The man's father says his son licked the ice cream because he was just trying to get Facebook likes.

If we look at the issue critically, the man ruined a $7.00 (at best) carton of ice cream at Walmart, for which he ultimately went back, picked up the tub out of the freezer and paid for it. So Walmart got its money and the tainted tub was removed from the public, as well as the rest of the tubs in that freezer, so the threat of Corona virus or whatever was thwarted, Praise Jebus.

So, It would seem the taxation to an American citizen for Fakebook 'likes' is:

His probation required him to pay $1,000. He was also required to pay Blue Bell Creameries another $1,565 for... ...reasons, because apparently their representatives believed the rest of the tub might be tainted by... ...osmosis?

All in all, the fine for Fakebook likes is a rather steep one: $2,565 for licking a $7.00 tub of ice cream, 30 days in jail and 280 days probation. Yikes. It's not worth it, fellow Americans! Lick your ice cream tubs in the safety of your own homes!

No one wants to get coronavirus because of assholes like this. Stupidity like this could kill someone. Furthermore, the reason we have a high prison population is because we have the best investigators in the world. People arent being thrown in prison for just walking down the street.

He bought the exact tub of ice cream he licked. He was being an asshole, but he obviously wasn't trying to be THAT big of an asshole.

If he bought "exact tub" he licked, why would store have to replace all ice cream on display?

From the article: "It cost Blue Bell Creameries $1,565 to replace all of the ice cream in the display case."

If we look at the issue critically, the man ruined a $7.00 (at best) carton of ice cream at Walmart, for which he ultimately went back, picked up the tub out of the freezer and paid for it. So Walmart got its money and the tainted tub was removed from the public, as well as the rest of the tubs in that freezer, so the threat of Corona virus or whatever was thwarted, Praise Jebus.

His probation required him to pay $1,000. He was also required to pay Blue Bell Creameries another $1,565 for... ...reasons, because apparently their representatives believed the rest of the tub might be tainted by... ...osmosis?

All in all, the fine for Fakebook likes is a rather steep one: $2,565 for licking a $7.00 tub of ice cream, 30 days in jail and 280 days probation. Yikes. It's not worth it, fellow Americans! Lick your ice cream tubs in the safety of your own homes!
I had a job at a supermarket once. It's amazing what people do, and they've been doing it since I was a nipper, anyway. This was before most every food item is "safety sealed" in some way.
Open a jar of peanut butter and take a big finger full. Open the oj and take a good glug. Open the bread and remove a few slices--this works equally well with Oreos and crackers not in individual sleeves.

People are pigs. I hear the cookies are usually to shut up the kids.

If he bought "exact tub" he licked, why would store have to replace all ice cream on display?

From the article: "It cost Blue Bell Creameries $1,565 to replace all of the ice cream in the display case."

Well... let me tell you a true story...

When I was only 11 or 12 years old I was busted for shoplifting a pack of notepads and pencils at a grocery store. Days later my mother received a letter from the store demanding something like $300 in restitution. One of their reasonings was the "emotional distress" I placed on the employees. These stores will find any reason to get as much money out of you as they can.

A fine and several hours of community service is appropriate, in my opinion. I don't think jail time is necessary unless there is evidence he was doing something purposely to cause contamination or illness.
Who pays the store for the product he ruined?

I had a job at a supermarket once. It's amazing what people do, and they've been doing it since I was a nipper, anyway. This was before most every food item is "safety sealed" in some way.
Open a jar of peanut butter and take a big finger full. Open the oj and take a good glug. Open the bread and remove a few slices--this works equally well with Oreos and crackers not in individual sleeves.

People are pigs. I hear the cookies are usually to shut up the kids.

Hmm. That is quite a story. Thanks!

A fine and several hours of community service is appropriate, in my opinion. I don't think jail time is necessary unless there is evidence he was doing something purposely to cause contamination or illness.

He did the same day.

YOU do. Prices/profit are adjusted for theft and inventory loss. You inventory 1000 moon pies a month @ $1 and 300 are stolen, you got $1000 invested in only 700 moonies. Price accordingly

If you follow the link you will see there was a second black teen in Texas doing the same thing

These morons are doing a lot of harm to the company and need to be dealt with strongly

maybe not caneing like they do in singapore but 30 days in jail, plus the $1,000 fine and 100 hours picking up trash will be a good lesson for them

Last edited:

Sure he was being that bad of an asshole

I doubt if the little punk made that info pubic on his Facebook page

Sure he was being that bad of an asshole

I doubt if the little punk made that info pubic on his Facebook page

:auiqs.jpg: You libs crack me up.

If you follow the link you will see there was a second black teen in Texas doing tjr same thing

These morons are doing a lot of harm to the company and need to be dealt with strongly

maybe not caneing like they do in singapore but 30 days in jail, plus the $1,000 fine and 100 hours picking up trash will be a good lesson for them

So, $1000, while out of work for 30 days (which could get them fired), and doing 100 hours of unpaid labor will make them more productive citizens?

Forum List

Back