is 5.3% unemployment rate sustainable?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I Don't really know if the current unemployment rate should be sustained. I can't think of any time in our country's history where it has been this good (other than before 2008). Is it to good to be true?

We are soon coming to a time when we can no longer create enough jobs for our population.

Not even President Obama can fix that.

I Don't really know if the current unemployment rate should be sustained. I can't think of any time in our country's history where it has been this good (other than before 2008). Is it to good to be true?
We can run at 4.8% to 5.3% for any period of time, but that's not the only important figure. Quality of jobs is another issue, and that's much tougher to gauge. That part of the equation can affect inflation as much as the macro number. Another issue is industry distribution of employment - where the jobs are, and where they are not.

Headline numbers are just the start.

We can run at 4.8% to 5.3% for any period of time, but that's not the only important figure. Quality of jobs is another issue, and that's much tougher to gauge. That part of the equation can affect inflation as much as the macro number. Another issue is industry distribution of employment - where the jobs are, and where they are not.

...BINGO

And there it is...I have been saying for at least 10 years unemployment is not the real issue - UNDERemployment is.

In June 2015, the real unemployment rate (U-6) was 10.5%, nearly double the widely-reported unemployment rate (U-3) of 5.3%.

Is the Government Lying About Unemployment?

Of course they are lying. That's what they do. They try to paint a rosy picture but anyone with a brain knows that 5.3% is bullshit.
Ok, let's be clear. You are stating that it is not the case that 5.3% of everyone who is either working or actively looking for work are not working. What percent do you think it is and why?

Of course they are lying. That's what they do. They try to paint a rosy picture but anyone with a brain knows that 5.3% is bullshit.
The Right thinks that because the Right ALWAYS lie, everyone is as dishonest as the Right.

I have to agree with that because there are so many good jobs out there. Why is it the average age of a McDonald's worker is 30.

Forum List

Back