Is banning guns to save lives even logical?

Your 20 ga shotgun has a completely different ability to kill in large numbers than an AR

So what? It will still kill what it is aimed at. Which was the point my point. Isn't that 'scary?' I guaran-damn-tee.... you'd be peeing your pants if one was leveled at you and you were unarmed.
So what?

You see no difference from someone going off and shooting someone and someone like Paduch shooting 550 in Vegas?

Any gun has the ability to "mass kill", doofus. The Virginia tech shooter killed 32 people with 2 pistols. One of them was a .22 ffs.
Exactly. All were magazine fed semi-autos

So what?

I own a pump shotgun capable of accepting 3" slugs. Do you have any idea how many people that could take out if fired into a crowd?

Your 20 ga shotgun has a completely different ability to kill in large numbers than an AR

So what? It will still kill what it is aimed at. Which was the point my point. Isn't that 'scary?' I guaran-damn-tee.... you'd be peeing your pants if one was leveled at you and you were unarmed.
So what?

You see no difference from someone going off and shooting someone and someone like Paduch shooting 550 in Vegas?

Any gun has the ability to "mass kill", doofus. The Virginia tech shooter killed 32 people with 2 pistols. One of them was a .22 ffs.

So what?

I own a pump shotgun capable of accepting 3" slugs. Do you have any idea how many people that could take out if fired into a crowd?
Tell us.

Not 550. It won't kill 9 and injure 30 in 30 seconds

We're not talking about shotguns dumass.

We're talking about guns capable of mass murder

So what?

You are proposing to ban all semi-automatics?
I personally am yes...and I think people in general are coming around to that

When mass shootings occur not just in the United States but worldwide calls to ban guns come to the fore as they tend to do when innocent people die in the carnage. The theory is that taking away the instrument of the killing will stop the cause of death and make society a safer place. This makes sense on a superficial level but the logic is flawed because it does not address the dynamics that lead shooters to kill indiscriminately often losing their own lives in the process. When these events take place there is tremendous pressure to “do something” to prevent them. The killings become politicized and the blame game rages on.

In 2018 there were 323 mass shootings in the US with 1,661 being shot. 327 people died in those shootings so the logic of taking away guns suggests that lives could be saved. If the mission of taking away articles from the public is to save lives then that logic should be applied across the board to save lives.

635,260 people died from heart disease in the US caused from the chronic use of tobacco and alcohol. So to save lives the logic of taking away the cause of death needs to be applied. Should we forget the lessons of Prohibition and ban the apparatus of death? 600,000 is a number that dwarfs 327 so obviously tobacco and alcohol are 1,800 times more dangerous than guns used in mass shootings.

Should we start removing beer and cigarettes from store shelves and passing laws to arrest those who peddle them if they do not comply? Let’s not forget that another 600,000 died from cancer much of which can be traced to the use of booze and butts so the numbers are even more ominous. Are we trying to save lives or not?

The flawed logic of blaming the current president for mass shootings pales in comparison to that same logic of blaming the previous president that smoked and shared a beer with police. Using this logic the president that sat in office for eight years set a fatal example that led to millions of preventable deaths while today’s president doesn’t even drink or smoke.

Obviously calls for gun control are dangerously illogical so long as multitudes perish from self-administered poison some of which (alcohol) is widely advertised on television. Should we get our priorities in order?
Countries with strong gun control don’t suffer regular mass shootings and have homicide rates a fraction of ours.
Sure they do.

Here are the average death rates, in millions, per country, between 2009 and 2015. The countries are already listed in order of the highest death rates to the lowest median death rates.

So what?

You are proposing to ban all semi-automatics?
I personally am yes...and I think people in general are coming around to that
They will rue the day if it ever becomes law.

So what?

So what?

Tell us.

Yes it will, turd.

Guns...are not capable of mass MURDER. Idiot.

Only PEOPLE ARE. (and they could use exploding pressure cookers or cars instead)

THINK,....McFly....THINK

JURY: On the count of "Murder", ...We the Jury find the Gun, NOT GUILTY !

JURY: On the count of "Murder",...We the Jury find the Perpetrator OPERATING THE GUN.....GUILTY !!!

Last edited:
So what?

So what?

Tell us.

If you could ban your 'scary' AR15 these pinhead perps WILL start using shotguns because it ain't the gun it's a problem with our society and morals. Again, you run afoul of the subject. A shotgun can take out more than 1 person with 1 shell. Are we now going to argue body-count? Dufus....

So what?

So what?

Tell us.

Here's a video of a 2 3/4" slug punching through 7 fucking doors. My shotgun can accept 8 of these.

Now imagine those doors are people. Each shot into a crowd = 7 people down. 7x8 = 56. And I guaran-goddamn-tee you I can fire them all in less than 30 seconds.

Now sit the fuck down, because you clearly have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

When mass shootings occur not just in the United States but worldwide calls to ban guns come to the fore as they tend to do when innocent people die in the carnage. The theory is that taking away the instrument of the killing will stop the cause of death and make society a safer place. This makes sense on a superficial level but the logic is flawed because it does not address the dynamics that lead shooters to kill indiscriminately often losing their own lives in the process. When these events take place there is tremendous pressure to “do something” to prevent them. The killings become politicized and the blame game rages on.

In 2018 there were 323 mass shootings in the US with 1,661 being shot. 327 people died in those shootings so the logic of taking away guns suggests that lives could be saved. If the mission of taking away articles from the public is to save lives then that logic should be applied across the board to save lives.

635,260 people died from heart disease in the US caused from the chronic use of tobacco and alcohol. So to save lives the logic of taking away the cause of death needs to be applied. Should we forget the lessons of Prohibition and ban the apparatus of death? 600,000 is a number that dwarfs 327 so obviously tobacco and alcohol are 1,800 times more dangerous than guns used in mass shootings.

Should we start removing beer and cigarettes from store shelves and passing laws to arrest those who peddle them if they do not comply? Let’s not forget that another 600,000 died from cancer much of which can be traced to the use of booze and butts so the numbers are even more ominous. Are we trying to save lives or not?

The flawed logic of blaming the current president for mass shootings pales in comparison to that same logic of blaming the previous president that smoked and shared a beer with police. Using this logic the president that sat in office for eight years set a fatal example that led to millions of preventable deaths while today’s president doesn’t even drink or smoke.

Obviously calls for gun control are dangerously illogical so long as multitudes perish from self-administered poison some of which (alcohol) is widely advertised on television. Should we get our priorities in order?
Countries with strong gun control don’t suffer regular mass shootings and have homicide rates a fraction of ours.
Sure they do.

Here are the average death rates, in millions, per country, between 2009 and 2015. The countries are already listed in order of the highest death rates to the lowest median death rates.
Post a link jerk off

So what?

So what?

Tell us.

Here's a video of a 2 3/4" slug punching through 7 fucking doors. My shotgun can accept 8 of these.

Now imagine those doors are people. Each shot into a crowd = 7 people down. 7x8 = 56. And I guaran-goddamn-tee you I can fire them all in less than 30 seconds.

Now sit the fuck down, because you clearly have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Yet oddly...actual mass murderers prefer ARs.

Ever wonder why? Apparently they think it works better for mass murder

A pressure cooker can be made into a shrapnel bomb and kill even more people.
Imagine several of those exploding at a crowded location.

Yes it will, turd.

Fuck off weasel. A 20 Ga shotgun holding 3 slugs is not going to kill 9 people in 30 seconds let alone 550.

Shut the fuck up
Who said anything about it holding only three slugs? Now you're moving the goal posts. You want guns to be harmless? Then what would be the point of owning them? Only a servile troll wants the only means of defending ourselves taken away by the people we have the most reason to fear.

Oddly, The World's Super Powers prefer Nuclear Weapons.......and terrorists are getting their hands on those too.

So because a few terrorists get a nuke, the US should immediately get rid of all of theirs (even if Russia and China don't?)

That would be suicide.

And if you have two brain cells, my little example (simple enough for grade school children) should help you understand the 2nd amendment and why a few fools on the left who are maniacs and do horrible things cannot affect everyone else's capabilities for National Defense AND Self Defense.

unfortunately, the pit fall is that it would require that you CAN think at minimum of a 4th grade level.

Last edited:

A pressure cooker can be made into a shrapnel bomb and kill even more people.
Imagine several of those exploding at a crowded location.
What about a rental truck?

France has very strong gun laws. Yet, Islamic terrorists used automatic weapons to murder the employees of Hebdo.

So what?

Tell us.

No I don't wonder why, because I don't blame inanimate objects for the actions of their operators. I don't blame Ford for drunk drivers. I don't blame Boeing for 9/11. I blame the fucking PEOPLE.

OK take the AR's away, do you think they will just magically disappear? Do you think that pin-head perps with warped minds can't figure a way to commit their heinous crimes or to get a black-market AR? Meanwhile your ban would effectively prohibit ownership of these guns by law abiding citizens who will be left out-gunned and defenseless. Sorry, but your 'pie-in-the-sky' banning solution is naive and idiotic.

So what?

Tell us.

Actually, not. Pistols are the preferred weapon:

Guns used in mass shootings 1982-2019 | Statista

Sure they do.

Post a link jerk off
http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/mass-shootings-by-country/

Forum List

Back