🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Bobby Phishy Jindal an Anchor Baby?

Since his parents were here, legally, he probably considers himself a 'born citizen of the United States'. Sadly, we now have Ankeny, which based its decision on Wong Kim Ark, that a 'born citizen of the United States' is an Article II, §1, cl. 4 natural born Citizen. A decision that to my mind shocks the conscience of the Revolution itself!

ex animo
davidfarrar

The far right radicals do not define "common use terminology". Never have, never will.

I don't care what they do or don't do. The phrase "anchor baby" never existed until it was coined to discuss the issue of illegal aliens giving birth on US soil. The fact that you're trying to redefine the phrase in order try to create some faux outrage over some invented hypocrisy is pathetic. It's also fallacy of equivocation.

So you're wrong AND you're uncool.

so is Piyush legal or not!!!

He's probably legal, since his parents were here legally, on the student visa, when he was born.

He's 'legal' either way. If he was born here he is a US citizen.

Depends on your interpretation of the 14th amendment. Somehow I don't think an amendment that specifically denies citizenship to children born here to LEGAL diplomats ever intended to grant citizenship to children born to ILLEGAL ALIENS.

He's probably legal, since his parents were here legally, on the student visa, when he was born.

He's 'legal' either way. If he was born here he is a US citizen.

Depends on your interpretation of the 14th amendment. Somehow I don't think an amendment that specifically denies citizenship to children born here to LEGAL diplomats ever intended to grant citizenship to children born to ILLEGAL ALIENS.

The fact that you don't understand the amendment doesn't change the fact that he is a legal US citizen.

The far right radicals do not define "common use terminology". Never have, never will.

I don't care what they do or don't do. The phrase "anchor baby" never existed until it was coined to discuss the issue of illegal aliens giving birth on US soil. The fact that you're trying to redefine the phrase in order try to create some faux outrage over some invented hypocrisy is pathetic. It's also fallacy of equivocation.

So you're wrong AND you're uncool.

I am not wrong and often not cool. :lol: However, there is not controversy, no "faux outrage" by me on this thread. Jindall is every bit qualified to run for President. The fact that he is an anchor baby means nothing. He was born on US soil. That is all that is required to run for President.

I think you are mistaken on this, Dante.

Louisiana is a state with a violent distaste based on color, yet the man wins easily there.

He will have less of a problem with his base than Romney, I believe, and far less than Obama, because he is far more yellow than black.

You aholes just don't give it up. The Republican party is not racist just because they don't like the mess Obama has created. Do you think for a minute if Kerry or Hillary did the same BS that they would be loved any more?

What the liberal left does to minorities is racist. The left treats them as if they are too stupid to defend themselves or not man enough to stand on their own without their white master's protection. Why the majority of blacks don't see that is an amazing piece of propaganda.

Besides, the only real questions are, did Jindal live overseas under an assumed name? Did Jindal admit to illegal drug use to the point of belonging to a "choom" gang? Did Jindal ever admit to DUI?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d08oJoYqdd8]DAVE CHAPPELLE ROASTS OBAMA ON COCAINE USE. - YouTube[/ame]

Horse crap, Freewill. I have known many, many GOP racists in my time, as well as some Dem racists. You see it here on the Board, so you need to grow up.

An anchor baby refers to a child born to ILLEGAL parents within the US, whose citizenship allows circumvention of immigration laws that would otherwise be enforced against the parents. By contrast, Jindal's parents immigrated LEGALLY. If their timing was inspired by a desire to have birth citizenship bestowed on their son, I really don't care. THEY CAME HERE LEGALLY.

They came legally, they stayed legally, they raise their son in this country his entire life. Why should anyone have any problem with the fact that they wanted to make sure to get here before their son was born?
could also be used in a similar sense outside of that context to refer to the child of any immigrant "when the child's birthplace is thought to have been chosen in order to improve the mother's or other relatives' chances of securing eventual citizenship."

---

I have no problems with the anchor babies....I do not belong to the Tea Party

So yo want to change the meaning of "anchor baby" so that you can affix the label to Jindal, and then accuse the right of hypocrisy for supporting an "anchor baby" as redefined by you? :cuckoo:

When you leave the rabid right wing circles you must travel in you will see that a looser meaning of 'anchorr baby' has been in use for ages now.

Crap, even Wikipedia knows that much

:rofl:

An anchor baby refers to a child born to ILLEGAL parents within the US, whose citizenship allows circumvention of immigration laws that would otherwise be enforced against the parents. By contrast, Jindal's parents immigrated LEGALLY. If their timing was inspired by a desire to have birth citizenship bestowed on their son, I really don't care. THEY CAME HERE LEGALLY.

They came legally, they stayed legally, they raise their son in this country his entire life. Why should anyone have any problem with the fact that they wanted to make sure to get here before their son was born?
could also be used in a similar sense outside of that context to refer to the child of any immigrant "when the child's birthplace is thought to have been chosen in order to improve the mother's or other relatives' chances of securing eventual citizenship."

---

I have no problems with the anchor babies....I do not belong to the Tea Party

A student visa means you go home after you get your education. If you stay, you become and illegal immigrant.

And many aliens came here on visas and had anchor babies. Jindal just happens to have lots of company.

I guess you could say his parents snuck in the easy way...legal...but moral and ethical to have a baby this way?

hmmmmm

Horse crap, Freewill. I have known many, many GOP racists in my time, as well as some Dem racists. You see it here on the Board, so you need to grow up.

Me thinks you see one when you shave in the morning, assuming you are old enough.

I bet Piyush weighs all of 130 lbs soaking wet too.

If you attempt to say that Bobby Jindal is a light weight, you fail.

The lightest light weight in American history is Barack Hussein Obama. But give him credit for being an extremely apt bull-shitter, who managed to reign in the lame brains with one speech loaded with empty platitudes, silly rhymes and simple-minded nonsense, written by some lackey, far smarter than he is.

OK, I will make a confession, the Chappelle video was made about GWB, but apparently, for some unknown reason some one thought it applied even more so to Obama.

Forum List

Back