Is BP capping the well?

True enough. Heck, I'd kiss Barbara Bush to accomplish all that!

I don't know. That would be a lot like kissing...George Washington, I would think...:razz:

Naw, just kidding. I actually voted for her husband. They can't help what their son did...

GUYS! The cap looks to be near the leaking flange!

SFC, it looks like the cap is in place and they are adjusting it. EVERYONE PRAY!

I see the cap, I think. Can you believe we are cheering for BP. Oh Please get it right this time!

Personally, I've been "cheering" for BP since the start, as they are the only ones attempting to stop the flow... Up to now the attempts haven't worked, but they a.) are trying to stop the flow and b.) are very informative of the procedures they are attempting...

I think the fact that they are broadcasting their footage live for the entire world to see all of their failures and hopefully their success is very transparent.

Sort of like when I am constipated and I video blog my efforts to move my bowels...the world stops to cheer me on.

Well, looks like its time to break out the Super Glue!

I see the cap, I think. Can you believe we are cheering for BP. Oh Please get it right this time!

Personally, I've been "cheering" for BP since the start, as they are the only ones attempting to stop the flow... Up to now the attempts haven't worked, but they a.) are trying to stop the flow and b.) are very informative of the procedures they are attempting...

I think the fact that they are broadcasting their footage live for the entire world to see all of their failures and hopefully their success is very transparent.

Sort of like when I am constipated and I video blog my efforts to move my bowels...the world stops to cheer me on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I needed that image to end the evening...:eek:

Sort of like when I am constipated and I video blog my efforts to move my bowels...the world stops to cheer me on.

I'm sure you believe this...

I am happy for you...

The engineer who is operating the claw and undersea mechanisms of the robots was probably a big champion with the arcade claw games when he was a kid, don't you think. But instead of grasping a stuffed bear for his girlfriend (or boyfriend) this person has the lives of so many in his hands. Mind boggling...

I am happy for you...

I will interpret your happiness as cheering.

I am happy for you...

I will interpret your happiness as cheering.

Interpretation is a learned skill...

Don't fear that, just keep practicing...

The engineer who is operating the claw and undersea mechanisms of the robots was probably a big champion with the arcade claw games when he was a kid, don't you think. But instead of grasping a stuffed bear for his girlfriend (or boyfriend) this person has the lives of so many in his hands. Mind boggling...

:lol:

Are you seeing what I'm seeing...? :eusa_eh:

CNN.com Live

I read this morning that a lot of the oil that we still see coming from the cap is from vents that are still open. These are to prevent a freeze up, similar to the one that doomed the top hat earlier in the spill. BP is going to try to close each one slowly. That will be key.

But I doubt that this will recover much of the oil and I think this is the last try until the relief well is finished. Not much to cheer about, I'm afraid...

I read this morning that a lot of the oil that we still see coming from the cap is from vents that are still open. These are to prevent a freeze up, similar to the one that doomed the top hat earlier in the spill. BP is going to try to close each one slowly. That will be key.

But I doubt that this will recover much of the oil and I think this is the last try until the relief well is finished. Not much to cheer about, I'm afraid...

That's what I heard on the early news. The cap will capture about 42000 gallons a day at best which is maybe 10-20% of the amount leaking and stopping the flow is still months away. :(

Seeing the beautiful birds and wildlife being devastated in the most cruel way and the beautiful marshland and beaches spoiled is heart breaking.

Forum List

Back