Zone1 Is Christianity just an outlier sect of Judaism?

It was spot on. Lose the brainwashing and go by the facts and history, not later revisionism. Many scholars at the university in Tel Aviv have zero problems with doing so, and so should Christians.
It's the 'tradition of the elders' that is the bone of contention. Hebrew scholars have excised all references to Jesus from their teachings and replaced them with "Jewish fables".

It's the 'tradition of the elders' that is the rat in the woodpile.

What 'tradition' is that? The Babylonians abandoned the Judiasm of Mose and Abraham and started their own cult. That cult evolved into the Sadducee and Pharisee rubbish, which in turn evolved into 'rabbinical Judaism' and other cults; don't be mislead by what they called themselves. Christians adhere to a continuance of the OT Judaism and the written Torah.

What 'tradition' is that? The Babylonians abandoned the Judiasm of Mose and Abraham and started their own cult. That cult evolved into the Sadducee and Pharisee rubbish, which in turn evolved into 'rabbinical Judaism' and other cults; don't be mislead by what they called themselves. Christians adhere to a continuance of the OT Judaism and the written Torah.
What is "OT Judaism?"

Something positive and unexpected was revealed to me today since creating this thread. I am going to continue to focus on G_d rather than Jesus.
If you don't know Jesus, you can't know God.

Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

there never was "ecclesiastical" control in Judea/Israel
So, Judaism was basically in a state of religious anarchy?

What is the Jewish history of Judea in the time of Jesus, especially regarding the authority and leadership of Judaism? All I have is the New Testament writings.

Last edited:
So, Judaism was basically in a state of religious anarchy?

What is the Jewish history of Judea in the time of Jesus, especially regarding the authority and leadership of Judaism? All I have is the New Testament writings.
interestingly----other than a king who actually did not have any religious authority--the
religion was in the hands of scholars ----groups of which existed in every community
as local courts. The local court members elected a kind of supreme court---the
SANHEDRIN situated in Jerusalem-----until the Roman era when the Romans did a
TAKE OVER of the system <<<< that is my understanding----it was sorta democratic.
at the local levels but then, IMHO----developed a kind of incestuous nature. Members
of the court were NOT confined to levites either on local levels or the Jerusalem

Forum List

Back