Is Covid 19 saving lives? Total deaths for March seem to suggest that.

Leweman

Platinum Member
Aug 5, 2010
34000 Less Deaths

Maybe this has already been discussed on here. Sorry if so.

"According to the CDC’s website, in March 2020 there were a total of 193,000 deaths in the US. The average number of deaths in the US for March over the four years prior to 2020 (2016 – 2019) is 227,000. The difference between this year and the average for the past four years is 34,000. 2020 deaths are 85% of the average of the prior four years. "

I'm not sure if the trend continues for April. I haven't seen the stats. Could be a coincidence I guess. I suppose you could say without the extreme measures we've taken it would be a million billion times worse. Maybe. Who knows? Can say whatever we want when it comes to hypotheticals.

Ah, no.
1588360423550.png

There are probably less people dying in auto accidents; however, I would expect that there will be an uptick in deaths in the near future due to people not seeking routine medical care and finding things that need quick treatment like cancer and heart problems.

I would think that social distancing would have reduced the death rate for other communicable diseases.

Forum List

Back