Is Donald Trump the new George W. Bush?

Well, Donnie's a neocon (I'll invade Iraq and they'll pay for it with oil) except when he's an isolationist..

I'd say that Hillary is an internationalist somewhere along the lines of Bob Gates or Madeline Albright.

Madeleine Albright, the one who asked Hugh Shelton in 1998 to fly a U2 "low enough and slow enough so Saddam can shoot it down and start the war WE want."

That Madeleine???

You want her at the top of the Administration's foreign policy team??

Well, Donnie's a neocon (I'll invade Iraq and they'll pay for it with oil) except when he's an isolationist..

I'd say that Hillary is an internationalist somewhere along the lines of Bob Gates or Madeline Albright.
I think Hillary will be very aggressive internationally. She has a real desire to push that I'm a woman nonsense and I see her backing it up with a big stick.

A Trump presidency would be a crap shoot. A Hillary presidency would just be crap.
Why? 30 years of GOP conspiracies does not equal 6 bankruptcies, 3,500 lawsuits, fraud and possibly racketeering charges, scamming old people and stiffing working class people after you got them to do work for you.

Unless, you are proud that Trump got his.

In that case, never mind.
A Trump presidency would be a crap shoot. A Hillary presidency would just be crap.
Why? 30 years of GOP conspiracies does not equal 6 bankruptcies, 3,500 lawsuits, fraud and possibly racketeering charges, scamming old people and stiffing working class people after you got them to do work for you.

Unless, you are proud that Trump got his.

In that case, never mind.
Trump is a neophyte politician. You don't know from day to day what he's going to do or say. Hillary, OTOH, is a proven cog in the establishment wheel, beholden to big money interests and demonstrates Nixonian levels of paranoia.
If only those on the Left, would hold Hillary to the same standard they hold Trump.

I think Hillary will be very aggressive internationally. She has a real desire to push that I'm a woman nonsense and I see her backing it up with a big stick.
She's not Obama. The question, imo, is how is she different from McCain.

Gen. Hugh Shelton: Clinton Official Suggested Letting U.S. Plane Be Shot Down To Provoke War With Iraq

"Shelton sets the scene at a “small, weekly White House breakfast” that served as regular “informal” meetings that “encouraged brainstorming of potential options on a variety of issues.”

At one of my very first breakfasts, while Berger and Cohen were engaged in a sidebar discussion down at one end of the table and Tenet and Richardson were preoccupied in another, one of the Cabinet members present leaned over to me and said, “Hugh, I know I shouldn’t even be asking you this, but what we really need in order to go in and take out Saddam is a precipitous event — something that would make us look good in the eyes of the world. Could you have one of our U-2s fly low enough — and slow enough — so as to guarantee that Saddam could shoot it down?”"

"f you eliminate Berger, Cohen, Tenet, and Richardson and look at the Cabinet members that remain, you’re sort of left where Elliott is: with Madeleine Albright."

Ms. Albright and Hillary need to answer - who is WE????

Republicans try to take credit for Clinton's economic success.

But let's look at the facts.

When Clinton left office and Bush became president, Bush had the same GOP controlled congress Clinton had.

And yet, Bush gave us deficits and war and debt and finally a failed economy. About the only thing that changed was the presidency. If Republicans keep trying to take credit for what happened under Clinton, then they have to take the responsibility for what happened under Bush. No way around it.

43 brought comedy to the party with his "Goober-Gomer" appearance.

Trump brings a hairdo that reflects his loose cannon mouth.

W at least believed he was making America better.
For who...rich folks?
He inherited the best economy in decades, unemployment 4.3%, a balanced budget with surpluses projected all the way to a paid up national debt.

Bill Clinton record:
  • Presided over the longest period of peacetime economic expansion in American history
  • Signed the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993, cutting taxes for fifteen million low-income families, making tax cuts available to 90 percent of small businesses, and raising taxes on the wealthiest 1.2 percent of taxpayers
  • Passed welfare reform and the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), providing health coverage for millions of children
  • Signed the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) into law and implemented Don't Ask Don't Tell in the armed services. Despite these anti-gay policies, Clinton also doubled federal funding for HIV/AIDS research, prevention and treatment and pushed for passing hate crimes laws for gays
  • Signed the 1993 Brady Bill imposing a five-day waiting period on handgun purchases and the 1994 Omnibus Crime Bill expanding the death penalty for drug kingpins, murderers of federal law enforcement officers, and nearly 60 additional categories of violent felons
  • Championed comprehensive health reform and the creation of universal health care, but the legislation never mustered enough support to pass Congress
George W. Bush didn't let his shirt tail hit his ass till he gave the rich folks two tax cuts, 2001 and 2003. Then he started two hot wars, one totally unnecessary and doubled the national debt from $5.7 trillion to $11.9 trillion. What a god dammed genius!
You forgot a couple of things. Republicans forced Clinton to sign the balanced budget. Second, in inflation adjusted dollars, the US enjoyed greater revenue after the Bush tax cuts, then at the higher rates under Clinton. Clinton had the Internet boom, while Bush had to recover from Katrina and 9/11.
See post 30.

She's not Obama. The question, imo, is how is she different from McCain.
I can see her being more aggressive than McCain. I actually think she would start more shit in the Middle East than Trump

Republicans try to take credit for Clinton's economic success.

Can you explain to us why Bill Clinton shut the government down in 1995?
OK, short answer: He didn't.
---------------------

1995-96 Government Shutdown - Timeline - Slaying the Dragon of Debt - Regional Oral History Office - University of California, Berkeley

Politically speaking, President Clinton got the better of the 1995-96 government shutdown. Whereas Gingrich expected the public to side with the Republican Party during the dispute, opinion polls showed that a majority of Americans felt that the impasse had been the result of Republican obstinacy. However, the 1995-96 government shutdown demonstrated the costs of divided government and, more importantly, shifted the political discourse to the right. Although the budget deal restored many of the Republican's proposed cuts in domestic spending, Clinton adopted a more centrist position for the remainder of his presidency. Clinton's move to the right was exemplified in his State of the Union Address of January 27, 1996, in which he declared that "the era of big government is over."

Gingrich was couped in 1998. That is the difference. Dennis Fat Hastert, now jailbird for sexually assaulting young boys, did not share Newt's fiscally conservative views. Indeed, this chart says it all...

Personally, I care a lot more about COUNTRY than PARTY, but the chart speaks for itself. When government spending grows, the economy and the American people suffer. Government spending is the variable.

Forum List

Back