Is Duck Dynasty the beginning of a Hot Religious War?

oh, she is simply ignorant. Plus she does not know what free speech is.

Actually, she gave pretty good description of what free speech actually means. You cannot run around saying whatever you want and expect that your employer will look the other way - especially when talking about controversial matters.

If that dental assistant lady from wherever can lose her job for looking attractive to her boss, then Phil can lose his job for insulting gay and black people.
Only those whom are insulted are in charge of being insulted. ODD you give the man so much power when he doesn't posses it.

And they lie. The libs lie, lie, lie and lie some more.

Phil didn't insult blacks. He worked in the fields with them. Called himself white trash. AND Phil just didn't agree with fudge packing and prefers vaginas.

Let's get right down to it. If this is now an insult for a man to say he prefers a vagina? We're in end times.

:lmao:

Actually, she gave pretty good description of what free speech actually means. You cannot run around saying whatever you want and expect that your employer will look the other way - especially when talking about controversial matters.

If that dental assistant lady from wherever can lose her job for looking attractive to her boss, then Phil can lose his job for insulting gay and black people.
Only those whom are insulted are in charge of being insulted. ODD you give the man so much power when he doesn't posses it.

Phil didn't insult blacks. He worked in the fields with them. Called himself white trash. AND Phil just didn't agree with fudge packing and prefers vaginas.

Let's get right down to it. If this is now an insult for a man to say he prefers a vagina? We're in end times.

I think we're in end times if comparing anuses to vagainas is viewed as an actual rational discussion on human sexuality, not to mention being bandied about by prime time media.

I think we're in end times if comparing anuses to vagainas is viewed as an actual rational discussion on human sexuality, not to mention being bandied about by prime time media.

Yes, it's an insult to the elite who have been desperately trying to feminize American males.

Yes, it's an insult to the elite who have been desperately trying to feminize American males.

Absolutely, back when it was considered coarse to use such language in polite conversation that kids were exposed to, we were a feminized nation. Those were awful days.

When it happens...I will fill out my application to join forces with the duck commander....The Libs can have Pajama boy lead them....... :lol:
As in "lead from behind"?

No we'll just get us some "union thugs" plus those two guys in the New black panther party. We'll march them out and tell them to say Boo and the cons will run for the hills. Watching the whining around here you guys are terrified of them.:cool:

Phil was asked a question for a GQ article. He only lamented that he didn't understand why anyone would prefer an asshole to a vagina.

Now if one knows the Word, one would know that this was discussed centuries ago. :eusa_angel: And has been front and center in every Bible. OT.

You know. When the Lord sent angels to Sodom. It's right out there in the Word. The men of Sodom wanted to fudge pack the angels. Lot even offered his daughters. Ohhhhhhhh no. They wanted fresh ass instead.

But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house.

5 And they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them.”

6 Lot went out to the men at the entrance, shut the door after him,

7 and said, “I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly.

8 Behold, I have two daughters who have not known any man. Let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please.

Only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof.”

Genesis 19 ESV - God Rescues Lot - The two angels came - Bible Gateway

Phil was asked a question for a GQ article. He only lamented that he didn't understand why anyone would prefer an asshole to a vagina.

Now if one knows the Word, one would know that this was discussed centuries ago. :eusa_angel: And has been front and center in every Bible. OT.

You know. When the Lord sent angels to Sodom. It's right out there in the Word. The men of Sodom wanted to fudge pack the angels. Lot even offered his daughters. Ohhhhhhhh no. They wanted fresh ass instead.

But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house.

5 And they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them.”

6 Lot went out to the men at the entrance, shut the door after him,

7 and said, “I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly.

8 Behold, I have two daughters who have not known any man. Let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please.

Only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof.”

Genesis 19 ESV - God Rescues Lot - The two angels came - Bible Gateway

There was a time, not so long ago, when mainstream media would not have published that quote. Phil went for shock value. It's his entire schtick, and he's gotten righ doing. GQ played along.

Honestly, what Phil said was Biblical....but the way he said it and the insinuations he made were anything but sensitive. If you have listened to him on DD for one or two segments, you will understand. He does not mince words. He is not a politician or a diplomat.

No, this is not the beginning of a war on religion.

Honestly, what Phil said was Biblical....but the way he said it and the insinuations he made were anything but sensitive. If you have listened to him on DD for one or two segments, you will understand. He does not mince words. He is not a politician or a diplomat.

That's true. In my day we had Mutual of Omaha's wild kingdom ... now we have DD.

That's true. In my day we had Mutual of Omaha's wild kingdom ... now we have DD.

I'm not sure I understand the relationship between the two you are trying to make? :confused:

Why did he need to be sensitive? For the politically correct crowd?

The majority of Americans favour same sex marriage. Homophobia is dying, and rightfully so. The dinosaurs in this thread are a dying breed and than heavens for that.

The Bible I read didn't tell me to abuse or denigrate others who are different from me. In fact Jesus was pretty clear that I needed to love and respect everyone, even if they were different from me. What Phil said wasn't Biblical, especially in regards to black people, but the homophobes here choose to ignore his ignorant nasty comments directed at black people.

Biblical or not, he expressed his opinion. Had he been a Muslim, the mindless left would be praising him for doing that.

Yeah?

yeah. One only has to look at controversial speech and where it comes from. Pretty simple stuff. The new entitlement in today's PC world, is the right NOT to be offended by certain people. A comment from a reality show based on people calling themselves "rednecks" , verses Louie Farrakhan remarks ? Louie is embraced by the MSM and most of the mindless.

Are they finally coming for religion --- Christianity in particular? Is the Duck Dynasty controversy (which honestly appears to have been a trap/setup) an experiment testing the religious attitudes and backlash of Americans, are they seeing if we're ready to submit?

Their trick is to not make things look so obvious, having learned from the violent corrupt-filled mistakes made during Prohibition. They may try to make religion in America die a thousand painful deaths and make it antiseptic, but it is up to the faithful to keep the spirit alive. :cool:

Not so much a religious war but it might be an awakening as to what happens when people do not stand up. Christians have been lazy. They relied too heavily on the Constitution and its protections forgetting that the Constitution has to be fought for over and over again.

Not only Christians, but conservatives have sat back and let political correctness run amok. Language itself is being confined in smaller and smaller applications with the absurd conclusion that saying that black people were happy is now a racist accusation.

The United States is rapidly becoming a very twisted social construct as envisioned by Salvatore Dali. It needs to be reintoduced to reality and a resurgence of Christianity may do it.

Modern life is so complicated now, people have trouble keeping up with version Z.0 with all the new gadgets and do not have enough time to keep mutual participation going.

I have seen it happen in two different Episcopal churches my wife has went to. Either the (smaller) churches are sold, or they keep having to move from church to church because budgets are tight, and they do not belong to a parent church, where all the money goes. Congregants lose interest that way.

Forum List

Back