Is evading and cheating on your taxes patriotic?

Do you advocate evading and cheating on your taxes?

• Total voters
Anything that is legal is ok to republicans. Sorta like going to a foreign country and banging a underaged girl. Not against the law so no foul.

But if you step outside of the legal / illegal argument most would agree that it doesnt help the country. But thats also if one was being honest and not motivated by politics or worshiping the wealthy

You mean like Warren Buffett advocating higher taxes then hiring an army of accountants to evade them and using a tax gimmick to take his pay as capital gains subject to a lower rate? Or Buffett and Bill Gates setting up trusts with billions to evade the estate tax? Charlie Rangle, head of the tax writing committee, not paying taxes on foreign income? Bill Clinton writing off his used underwear? Hillary Clinton making six figures at White Water and not generating a tax bill? Tom Daschle not paying taxes on perks like his driver?

You're right Republicans suck. One problem, those are all Democrats, and you are silent....

LOL, never pass on a chance to show your overt hypocrisy, do you Plato?

Yes I mean all of those things. You think that by making it personal that changes anything. But when someone believes it whoever does it doesnt matter. But since you didnt give your opinion I'm betting you are Pro-Evading taxes except when certain people do it then you like to reserve the right to cry about it.

Am I warm?

Ice cold, missed the entire point. You go out of your way to attack Republicans while giving begrudging theoretical acceptance to Democrats doing it too. Where are your posts attacking Democrats like the Republicans. I'll hold my breath...

Anything that is legal is ok to republicans. Sorta like going to a foreign country and banging a underaged girl. Not against the law so no foul.

But if you step outside of the legal / illegal argument most would agree that it doesnt help the country. But thats also if one was being honest and not motivated by politics or worshiping the wealthy

There you go getting funny on us. Anything legal is OK for r and ds. I see you're trying to insinuate that dems are little angels. Just remember lil timmy geithner.

Not at all but typically dems bring up the issue of loopholes as a problem and repubs dont see it as a problem at all. Am I wrong?

yes, you are wrong.

Paying taxes to a nation that is proactively encouraging an invasion of Illegal Immigrants seems like economic suicide. So, maybe that's the counter stroke we need. If the nation supports illegal activity, let it be ours this time

Besides Kimura and other Liberal economists tell us the only requirement for a strong economy are for the government to keep issuing debt, and paying out food stamps and unemployment. They don't really need our tax dollars
I'm sure you don't pay any taxes and aren't just huff puffing.

To answer thread title: "patriotic" or not doesn't even come into play in the situation, imo

Withholding money from the mafia that runs our government is completely in the interest of the people they use the money to oppress.

Neither have anything to do with patriotism.

So your view is calculate and pay? What is patriotic about how they are spending our money? What is not patriotic about wanting to withhold that from them?

Filing your taxes in compliance with the tax code and taking all legal exemptions and deductions is patriotic.

moving a company to a more tax friendly country is good business. Having a tax code that encourages businesses to leave the country is STUPID AND UNPATRIOTIC.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Why the hell not? Charlie Rangel did!!! I happen to think the government takes too much of my hard earned money and they don't do enough for me to be taking all that money. Our infrastructure is falling apart, our economy sucks, all of our politicians are crooks . . .

Paying taxes to a nation that is proactively encouraging an invasion of Illegal Immigrants seems like economic suicide. So, maybe that's the counter stroke we need. If the nation supports illegal activity, let it be ours this time

Besides Kimura and other Liberal economists tell us the only requirement for a strong economy are for the government to keep issuing debt, and paying out food stamps and unemployment. They don't really need our tax dollars

To answer thread title: "patriotic" or not doesn't even come into play in the situation, imo

Withholding money from the mafia that runs our government is completely in the interest of the people they use the money to oppress.
You can spin it however you like, these are our roads, these are our bridges - - - etc. etc.

You can fight paying taxes legally, go for it. It doesn't make you patriotic or non, it makes you fiscally responsible.

Once you cross into illegal territory, you're an ass.

I advocate cheating on your taxes whenever you can get away with it. Every dollar that doesn't go to the federal government is a blow for freedom. Taxation is theft, so keeping as much of your money as you can anyway you can is perfectly moral and perfectly legitimate.

We all know people who do work "under the table." We even pay some people in cash, and we know those people aren't going to pay taxes on the money. So we are all guilty of tax evasion - all of us.

By evasion, I am referring to:

1) Doing legal maneuvers which are designed only to not pay taxes, such as setting up trusts, moving to Canada, lease/buyback deals, that sort of thing. They are legal, but are done only to not pay taxes and for no other reason.

2) Doing grey legal maneuvers which are judgement calls. If you fight the IRS and lose, you are going to pay back taxes and interest, but probably not penalties.

By cheating, I am referring to overtly illegal maneuvers such as not declaring income.
It is very wrong. People who cheat on their taxes are the real moochers in this country.
Keeping what belongs to you is not "mooching," asshole.

Yes I mean all of those things. You think that by making it personal that changes anything. But when someone believes it whoever does it doesnt matter. But since you didnt give your opinion I'm betting you are Pro-Evading taxes except when certain people do it then you like to reserve the right to cry about it.

Am I warm?

So you take no deductions on your taxes, not one? No exemptions, no tax credits, absolutely no write offs?

By evasion, I am referring to:

1) Doing legal maneuvers which are designed only to not pay taxes, such as setting up trusts, moving to Canada, lease/buyback deals, that sort of thing. They are legal, but are done only to not pay taxes and for no other reason.

2) Doing grey legal maneuvers which are judgement calls. If you fight the IRS and lose, you are going to pay back taxes and interest, but probably not penalties.

By cheating, I am referring to overtly illegal maneuvers such as not declaring income.
It is very wrong. People who cheat on their taxes are the real moochers in this country.
Keeping what belongs to you is not "mooching," asshole.
What so the government should borrow money to pay for the military that protects you? Should they borrow the money to pay for your kid's education? They should borrow the money to maintain our nation's highways? Shouldn't you earn those services rather than have them just given to you?

Paying one's taxes is part of being an American citizen.

You mean like Warren Buffett advocating higher taxes then hiring an army of accountants to evade them and using a tax gimmick to take his pay as capital gains subject to a lower rate? Or Buffett and Bill Gates setting up trusts with billions to evade the estate tax? Charlie Rangle, head of the tax writing committee, not paying taxes on foreign income? Bill Clinton writing off his used underwear? Hillary Clinton making six figures at White Water and not generating a tax bill? Tom Daschle not paying taxes on perks like his driver?

You're right Republicans suck. One problem, those are all Democrats, and you are silent....

LOL, never pass on a chance to show your overt hypocrisy, do you Plato?

Am I warm?

Ice cold, missed the entire point. You go out of your way to attack Republicans while giving begrudging theoretical acceptance to Democrats doing it too. Where are your posts attacking Democrats like the Republicans. I'll hold my breath...

Where is your post stating your opinion? We can talk about me and what you think about me later....Whats your opinion?

You can spin it however you like, these are our roads, these are our bridges - - - etc. etc.

You can fight paying taxes legally, go for it. It doesn't make you patriotic or non, it makes you fiscally responsible.

Too bad most of our tax money probably goes to special interest groups (cue lobbyists) instead of to our infrastructure. I do NOT approve of the way the government is spending my hard earned money.

Wasteful Spending List Congressman Bill Posey Representing the 8th District of Florida

Top 10 Examples of Government Waste in 2013

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
What so the government should borrow money to pay for the military that protects you? Should they borrow the money to pay for your kid's education? They should borrow the money to maintain our nation's highways? Shouldn't you earn those services rather than have them just given to you?

Paying one's taxes is part of being an American citizen.

So you take no deductions, credits, or write offs? So, if you make $50,000, you pay the tax on that with nothing taken off the top? If you find a penny on the sidewalk, you claim it on your taxes?

I don't cheat on my taxes but I hate taxes. Taxes have become a huge monster and the money is wasted and given to other countries. It's like the government is the mafia, taxes are the shakedown and the American people are unfairly divided into slaves for one special interest group or another.

Too bad most of our tax money probably goes to special interest groups (cue lobbyists) instead of to our infrastructure. I do NOT approve of the way the government is spending my hard earned money.

Wasteful Spending List Congressman Bill Posey Representing the 8th District of Florida

Top 10 Examples of Government Waste in 2013

Your personal disapproval is matched against others' each election cycle, and if you're not liking your level of recourse THERE, you can put in the work and become proficient at public speaking and sharing ideas and run to become a leader yourself.

Until then, it's the whole deaf ears thing. Nature of the beast, each person's opinion doesn't speak for that of all others kind of thing.

Forum List

Back