Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

Tell us how you chose your sexuality. How did it go? What was the determining factor that made you chose what you did?
Respectfully, I know no one that chose their sexuality, no one. Sure, there may be some but even Southern Baptist Convention agrees homosexuality is same sex attraction they are born with. They have shifted their stance, redefined it-imagine that, and now state only acting on that is a sin.
Your claim that parents will tell their kids they can choose which way to go is absurd. No kid, especially with the anti gay crowd alive and well, would choose to be persecuted.
And I do not associate you with the hate the gays crowd.

it was not a choice for me, my hormones are normal, my brain function is normal, by genetic make up is normal, my XY chromozones are in normal alignment.

I agree that some people are born with abnormal sexual genetic makeup. Some are also born with bi-polar disorders.

We do not see a movement to declare bi-polar disorders as normal, so why do we have a movement to declare homosexuality as normal?

"We" also don't try to pass laws to prevent people suffering bipolar disorder from civilly marrying. You want to prevent gay people from marrying. You won't be successful.

If you're not going to post like a coherent adult, you shouldn't be surprised that no one treats you like one. This was the worst straw man/non sequitur I've ever seen in my life, and that's saying something.

I think you're not understanding the words you're using. How is my commentary a strawman? Have you followed the thread at all?

I understand the words I used very well. You're babbling. If the choice is between other people not reading/understanding, or you sounding like a damned fool, always go with the latter. The odds are much better.

Obviously you're not following the thread and know nothing about Chickenfish and his views.

Chickenfish thinks being gay is like being bipolar. Chickenfish does not think gays should be able to civilly marry because they aren't "normal" in the same way people with bipolar disorder aren't "normal".

Glad I could help you understand.

it was not a choice for me, my hormones are normal, my brain function is normal, by genetic make up is normal, my XY chromozones are in normal alignment.

I agree that some people are born with abnormal sexual genetic makeup. Some are also born with bi-polar disorders.

We do not see a movement to declare bi-polar disorders as normal, so why do we have a movement to declare homosexuality as normal?

"We" also don't try to pass laws to prevent people suffering bipolar disorder from civilly marrying. You want to prevent gay people from marrying. You won't be successful.

If you're not going to post like a coherent adult, you shouldn't be surprised that no one treats you like one. This was the worst straw man/non sequitur I've ever seen in my life, and that's saying something.

I think you're not understanding the words you're using. How is my commentary a strawman? Have you followed the thread at all?

I understand the words I used very well. You're babbling. If the choice is between other people not reading/understanding, or you sounding like a damned fool, always go with the latter. The odds are much better.

Obviously you're not following the thread and know nothing about Chickenfish and his views.

Chickenfish thinks being gay is like being bipolar. Chickenfish does not think gays should be able to civilly marry because they aren't "normal" in the same way people with bipolar disorder aren't "normal".

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Been there, heard that. "You don't worship every word I say! OBVIOUSLY, you just don't understand what's going on!"

Doesn't get any more interesting the 167th time I hear it.

If your family unit is based on denying marriage to someone else......their marriage isn't your problem. Gay marriage takes nothing from you. It doesn't even involve you directly.

This is the part I don't understand. The adamant opposition despite virtually *no* impact on the individual getting so adamant. You're blessedly irrelevant to this process. No one is demanding that you marry someone of the same sex. Only that someone else be allowed to if they choose.
No one ever said being gay is normal. Quite the opposite. But that does not mean it's illegal to not be normal. What's next you folks wanting to make it illegal to be super smart or super dumb? Anyone not within 10pts of average to be punished?

If gay marriage is sanctioned, then that will effectively declare that homosexuality is normal and that kids can simply choose which way to go when they reach puberty. That IMHO would damage society.

You disagree, and thats fine. But your opinion no more valid than mine.

Tell us how you chose your sexuality. How did it go? What was the determining factor that made you chose what you did?
Respectfully, I know no one that chose their sexuality, no one. Sure, there may be some but even Southern Baptist Convention agrees homosexuality is same sex attraction they are born with. They have shifted their stance, redefined it-imagine that, and now state only acting on that is a sin.
Your claim that parents will tell their kids they can choose which way to go is absurd. No kid, especially with the anti gay crowd alive and well, would choose to be persecuted.

Homosexuality is not a mental disorder redfish. That has been scientifically established long ago. Sexuality is not one size fits all as folks are born with it. I was born attracted to women, never chose it. Same as you. Now if you did consider other sexual options please tell us about that but I doubt that happened with you. That is what choice is, considering and thinking about all options of sexuality before choosing one. Seriously, we all know that is absurd to claim you, I or most anyone chooses their sexuality.

Uhhh, yeah, ok. So you are saying that Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner did not choose to be a male first and then a female? Chaz Bono? Come on, If you have male body parts and a female brain, you are not normal. That condition is an aberration of human existence.

I am sorry for such people, but calling them normal does not cure their medical disorder.

If your family unit is based on denying marriage to someone else......their marriage isn't your problem. Gay marriage takes nothing from you. It doesn't even involve you directly.

This is the part I don't understand. The adamant opposition despite virtually *no* impact on the individual getting so adamant. You're blessedly irrelevant to this process. No one is demanding that you marry someone of the same sex. Only that someone else be allowed to if they choose.
No one ever said being gay is normal. Quite the opposite. But that does not mean it's illegal to not be normal. What's next you folks wanting to make it illegal to be super smart or super dumb? Anyone not within 10pts of average to be punished?

If gay marriage is sanctioned, then that will effectively declare that homosexuality is normal and that kids can simply choose which way to go when they reach puberty. That IMHO would damage society.

The only people with a "movement" to declare what is normal or not are the folks like you. The gays in general just want you to leave them the hell alone.... for you to take your JACK BOOT off their neck.

I don't want 2% of the population dictating what the 98% must believe. Do you get that?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Been there, heard that. "You don't worship every word I say! OBVIOUSLY, you just don't understand what's going on!"

Doesn't get any more interesting the 167th time I hear it.

I'm not at all surprised to hear that you've heard before that you shouldn't dive into a conversation and accuse others of strawmen or non sequiturs when you comment without knowing context. Now that you do know that context and realize that it was not, in fact, a non sequitur or strawman, you attempt to dismiss your faux paux with unconcerned bravado.

Lame.

The only people with a "movement" to declare what is normal or not are the folks like you. The gays in general just want you to leave them the hell alone.... for you to take your JACK BOOT off their neck.

I don't want 2% of the population dictating what the 98% must believe. Do you get that?
How can anyone dictate what you must believe?
What they are stating and arguing is that they should be treated as equals under the law. We as citizens do not have the power to dictate to anyone what they must believe. That strawman does not hunt.

What they are stating and arguing is that they should be treated as equals under the law. We as citizens do not have the power to dictate to anyone what they must believe. That strawman does not hunt.
The dictation comes when one is forced to bake a cake or else...Umm that dog done hunted and bit someone's legs more than once now.. You were saying.

The dictation comes when one is forced to bake a cake or else...
Or else not sell to the public at large. Public access means if you open your doors to the public, you can't discriminate who you sell too. That is not a dictate that you have to sell to the public... nor is it a dictate that you can't sell privately. It is a law that you can't harm people by discriminating against them. No different than age discrimination laws.

You may feel you are being harmed by not being allowed to harm others... but I assure you that liberty is not the liberty to harm others.

Or else not sell to the public at large. Public access means if you open your doors to the public, you can't discriminate who you sell too. That is not a dictate that you have to sell to the public... nor is it a dictate that you can't sell privately. It is a law that you can't harm people by discriminating against them. No different than age discrimination laws.

You may feel you are being harmed by not being allowed to harm others... but I assure you that liberty is not the liberty to harm others.
At some point society has got to stand up for some kind of morals and standards in which to live by, and of course believe in, and it has done so, but these days a few want to tear all that down in order to accommodate what it is that (they?) are (pushing) as a minority for whom are wanting to dictate for others now to have to allow for and/or that they must be forced to believe in, but society at large is pushing back, so it will be interesting to see where it all ends up.

At some point society has got to stand up for some kind of morals and standards in which to live by, and of course believe in, and it has done so, but these days a few want to tear all that down in order to accommodate what it is that (they?) are (pushing) as a minority for whom are wanting to dictate for others now to have to allow for and/or that they must be forced to believe in, but society at large is pushing back, so it will be interesting to see where it all ends up.

Well said, the current social commentary that "if you aren't gay or running with gays you just aren't cool or tolerant" is simply BS. But you are correct, society as a whole is pushing back at being told what they must believe, who they must love, and who they must do business with.

What I find very troubling is that we never hear of the gay mafia attacking a muslim business or demanding that gays be married in a mosque. Could it be that they are afraid that such an attack would result in losing their heads or being burned alive?

The hypocrisy of the left on this issue is amazing, and they are too stupid or brainwashed to even realize it.

Correct.. and the decision was to make public sales, non-discriminatory. This because no one should be pushed out of a venue that is selling to the public based on skin color, age, gender, and yes perhaps soon even sexual orientation. You may have a desire to make sure the black folks or the gay folks don't have access to your products but if so... guess what? Your products are not wanted by the public. If you want to be a homophobe or a racist your gonna have to do it PRIVATELY, or in the PRESS. You can say what you want but you can't harm people. It has been decided that limiting access to the public marketplace is a harm. Please make your argument that limiting access to the public marketplace is not a harm. Explain how you would not be harmed if you were personally blocked from purchasing every type product sold to the public in the USA.

Well said, the current social commentary that "if you aren't gay or running with gays you just aren't cool or tolerant" is simply BS. But you are correct, society as a whole is pushing back at being told what they must believe, who they must love, and who they must do business with.

What I find very troubling is that we never hear of the gay mafia attacking a muslim business or demanding that gays be married in a mosque. Could it be that they are afraid that such an attack would result in losing their heads or being burned alive?

The hypocrisy of the left on this issue is amazing, and they are too stupid or brainwashed to even realize it.
Uhmm.. that's your strawman. I'm not gay and I'm not cool and I'm not running with gays. I'm fighting for liberty. I don't expect you, an authoritarian, to understand the concept of fighting for liberty. But there it is. It is you that is a hypocrite.. you want liberty for yourself and the people you like... but not for the people you don't like. That makes you a hypocrite.

True liberty is standing up and defending equal rights for those you may despise the most. The Constitution was written on the foundation of the rights of the individual, never the mob rule majority.

No one gives a shit what you believe. Your religious morals and standards are great for your family. Government is not for you to dictate them to others.
No one is dictating or forcing you to believe a damn thing. Believe what you want.

No one gives a shit what you believe. Your religious morals and standards are great for your family. Government is not for you to dictate them to others.
No one is dictating or forcing you to believe a damn thing. Believe what you want.
Just don't use my money to fund immorality or governmental sponsored correctness.

Correct.. and the decision was to make public sales, non-discriminatory. This because no one should be pushed out of a venue that is selling to the public based on skin color, age, gender, and yes perhaps soon even sexual orientation. You may have a desire to make sure the black folks or the gay folks don't have access to your products but if so... guess what? Your products are not wanted by the public. If you want to be a homophobe or a racist your gonna have to do it PRIVATELY, or in the PRESS. You can say what you want but you can't harm people. It has been decided that limiting access to the public marketplace is a harm. Please make your argument that limiting access to the public marketplace is not a harm. Explain how you would not be harmed if you were personally blocked from purchasing every type product sold to the public in the USA.

Every time lefties use the word "should", it gives me cold chills up my spine.

True liberty is standing up and defending equal rights for those you may despise the most. The Constitution was written on the foundation of the rights of the individual, never the mob rule majority.

there is a vast difference between mob rule (Baltimore) and majority rule (democracy). It amazes me that intelligent people like you don't get it.

Minority rights are established and enforced by majority vote, not by minority dictate.

the sentence in red is exactly what is wrong here. You want to deprive others of their beliefs or to denigrate them if they differ from yours

Last edited:

Every time lefties use the word "should", it gives me cold chills up my spine.
I'm conservative, much more conservative than you are.

You should not commit murder.. you might not like the word should but it is an appropriate term when used properly.

Forum List

Back