🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

If your family unit is based on denying marriage to someone else......their marriage isn't your problem. Gay marriage takes nothing from you. It doesn't even involve you directly.

This is the part I don't understand. The adamant opposition despite virtually *no* impact on the individual getting so adamant. You're blessedly irrelevant to this process. No one is demanding that you marry someone of the same sex. Only that someone else be allowed to if they choose.

it involves all of society because if gay unions are called marriages then society is telling its children that homosexuality is a normal human condition and they can choose which way they want to go.

How do you chose which sex to be attracted to? When I hit puberty, I had no doubt who I was fantasizing about when I started choking the chicken
For most gays they didn't either. Very few people ever make a choice, they just are who they are.

Yes, that's my point
Terrific, first good one I've ever seen from you...

Who gives a shit?

it involves all of society because if gay unions are called marriages then society is telling its children that homosexuality is a normal human condition and they can choose which way they want to go.

How do you chose which sex to be attracted to? When I hit puberty, I had no doubt who I was fantasizing about when I started choking the chicken
For most gays they didn't either. Very few people ever make a choice, they just are who they are.

Yes, that's my point

Who gives a shit?
No one, about anything that's said here.

Thought you might enjoy the compliment? They aren't easy to get from me.

Yes, that's my point

Who gives a shit?

Yes, I like snotty, back handed compliments now that you mention it. Thanks!

Yes, that's my point

Who gives a shit?

Yes, I like snotty, back handed compliments now that you mention it. Thanks!
You're lucky you got that much, now, go play with yourself.

For the last time. I want gays to be able to legally commit to each other and get the same benefits as a man/woman marriage. But a gay union is not a marriage. Look it up in your Websters.

Again, at the risk of being repititions, the current gay agenda is NOT about rights or equal treatment, its about using the govt to mandate societal acceptance of homosexuality as a normal human condition. But its not and never will be.
ROFL... no it will be a same sex marriage, not a heterosexual marriage but a gay/ssm marriage. Get over it. You've lost your war against ssm.

maybe, and if so the country and society in general has also lost. But you fools will have succeeded in bringing down the traditional family unit and the religious beliefs that marriage is based on.

its very clear, the progressive agenda is the destruction of american society. We get it.

If your family unit is based on denying marriage to someone else......their marriage isn't your problem. Gay marriage takes nothing from you. It doesn't even involve you directly.

This is the part I don't understand. The adamant opposition despite virtually *no* impact on the individual getting so adamant. You're blessedly irrelevant to this process. No one is demanding that you marry someone of the same sex. Only that someone else be allowed to if they choose.

So you oppose gay marriage because you oppose homosexuality?

I don't oppose homosexuality any more than I oppose being bi polar or having dementia. All are forms of mental disorders that are not normal human conditions.

I don't understand how/why you equate right to life with right to gay marriage. Its totally illogical.
Marriage is a part of life. That's how.

It is your "illogical" stance on gay marriage that makes you think marriage has nothing to do with life.

For the last time. I want gays to be able to legally commit to each other and get the same benefits as a man/woman marriage. But a gay union is not a marriage. Look it up in your Websters.

Again, at the risk of being repititions, the current gay agenda is NOT about rights or equal treatment, its about using the govt to mandate societal acceptance of homosexuality as a normal human condition. But its not and never will be.
ROFL... no it will be a same sex marriage, not a heterosexual marriage but a gay/ssm marriage. Get over it. You've lost your war against ssm.

maybe, and if so the country and society in general has also lost. But you fools will have succeeded in bringing down the traditional family unit and the religious beliefs that marriage is based on.

its very clear, the progressive agenda is the destruction of american society. We get it.
How is liberty the destruction of American Society?

Calling a mental disorder a normal human condition is damaging to society. It has nothing to do with liberty.

It is your "illogical" stance on gay marriage that makes you think marriage has nothing to do with life.

No one ever said being gay is normal. Quite the opposite. But that does not mean it's illegal to not be normal. What's next you folks wanting to make it illegal to be super smart or super dumb? Anyone not within 10pts of average to be punished?

If gay marriage is sanctioned, then that will effectively declare that homosexuality is normal and that kids can simply choose which way to go when they reach puberty. That IMHO would damage society.

You disagree, and thats fine. But your opinion no more valid than mine.

yeah , me too. Wonder who Bruce Jenner was fantasizing about.

Interpreting the constitution is the job of the court. Says who?

Says the Fedearlist papers.

Wrong, the job of the court is to determine whether current law is being applied in accordance with the constitution. It is NOT their job to interpret the constitution.

I know its a subtle difference, but it is a significant difference.
U have it half right.
Court interprets the Constitution, which is the law of the land, to determine if current state laws comply with the Constitution. What Court should not do is stretch the Constitution, with claims that it is evolving and is a living document, to fit any and all claims of equal rights. Marriage is different in many ways as it is a religious sacred vow to many where in reality it is a legal contract.

Look up the word "marriage" in any dictionary. You will not find any definition that includes same sex couples.

Marriage:
noun
(broadly) any of the diverse forms of interpersonal union established in various parts of the world to form a familial bond that is recognized legally, religiously, or socially, granting the participating partners mutual conjugal rights and responsibilities and including, for example,opposite-sex marriage, same-sex marriage, plural marriage, and arranged marriage:

Marriage Define Marriage at Dictionary.com

Its not like you know what you're talking about. And its not like contradiction by the dictionary is going to matter to you in the slightest.

As your sole basis of credibility is that a source agree with you. If it doesn't, you ignore it. Including the dictionary on the meaning of words and the Founders on the meaning of the constitution.

And....so what? Its not like the rest of us are obligated to ignore these sources just because they're inconvenient to your argument. Nor does your willful ignorance have the slightest relevance to the law.

Liberals can change the definitions in dictionaries, they can preach and cry and whine and hurl insults.

What they can't do is change human biology and thousands of years of human history.

A gay union is not a marriage

End of story and end of thread--------------please.

I am no liberal and have not changed the definition of marriage. Heterosexual marriage here 39 years with grandkids.
Gay marriage has not and will not affect my or any heterosexual marriage. Ever. Gay boogeyman is a myth.

No one ever said being gay is normal. Quite the opposite. But that does not mean it's illegal to not be normal. What's next you folks wanting to make it illegal to be super smart or super dumb? Anyone not within 10pts of average to be punished?

If gay marriage is sanctioned, then that will effectively declare that homosexuality is normal and that kids can simply choose which way to go when they reach puberty. That IMHO would damage society.

Tell us how you chose your sexuality. How did it go? What was the determining factor that made you chose what you did?
Respectfully, I know no one that chose their sexuality, no one. Sure, there may be some but even Southern Baptist Convention agrees homosexuality is same sex attraction they are born with. They have shifted their stance, redefined it-imagine that, and now state only acting on that is a sin.
Your claim that parents will tell their kids they can choose which way to go is absurd. No kid, especially with the anti gay crowd alive and well, would choose to be persecuted.
And I do not associate you with the hate the gays crowd.

Tell us how you chose your sexuality. How did it go? What was the determining factor that made you chose what you did?
Respectfully, I know no one that chose their sexuality, no one. Sure, there may be some but even Southern Baptist Convention agrees homosexuality is same sex attraction they are born with. They have shifted their stance, redefined it-imagine that, and now state only acting on that is a sin.
Your claim that parents will tell their kids they can choose which way to go is absurd. No kid, especially with the anti gay crowd alive and well, would choose to be persecuted.

it was not a choice for me, my hormones are normal, my brain function is normal, by genetic make up is normal, my XY chromozones are in normal alignment.

I agree that some people are born with abnormal sexual genetic makeup. Some are also born with bi-polar disorders.

We do not see a movement to declare bi-polar disorders as normal, so why do we have a movement to declare homosexuality as normal?

it was not a choice for me, my hormones are normal, my brain function is normal, by genetic make up is normal, my XY chromozones are in normal alignment.

I agree that some people are born with abnormal sexual genetic makeup. Some are also born with bi-polar disorders.

We do not see a movement to declare bi-polar disorders as normal, so why do we have a movement to declare homosexuality as normal?

"We" also don't try to pass laws to prevent people suffering bipolar disorder from civilly marrying. You want to prevent gay people from marrying. You won't be successful.

Homosexuality is not a mental disorder redfish. That has been scientifically established long ago. Sexuality is not one size fits all as folks are born with it. I was born attracted to women, never chose it. Same as you. Now if you did consider other sexual options please tell us about that but I doubt that happened with you. That is what choice is, considering and thinking about all options of sexuality before choosing one. Seriously, we all know that is absurd to claim you, I or most anyone chooses their sexuality.

"We" also don't try to pass laws to prevent people suffering bipolar disorder from civilly marrying. You want to prevent gay people from marrying. You won't be successful.

Mass murderers and terrorists can marry in America and these numb skulls want to ban gay folk from marrying under the banner of "sanctity of marriage".
No credibility.

How is liberty the destruction of American Society?

Calling a mental disorder a normal human condition is damaging to society. It has nothing to do with liberty.
Mental disorder is the progressive agenda wrt right to marry for all US citizens? HUH? Are you on meds?

Effectively declare? What? You act like liberty is a football game. OMG if they get marriage the gays win and all hell will break loose. ROFL
OMG kids might have the liberty to grow up and live as they want to... the HORROR of it all...

As for validity... let's be clear... your opinion is the irrational view that liberty is only to be dished in small portions to people that agree to live as the majority demands, and my opinion is that when the mob takes liberty away from minority groups that they don't like, that mob needs to be told to sit down or go back home with their pitch forks before they get thrown in jail.

Last edited:

The only people with a "movement" to declare what is normal or not are the folks like you. The gays in general just want you to leave them the hell alone.... for you to take your JACK BOOT off their neck.

If you're not going to post like a coherent adult, you shouldn't be surprised that no one treats you like one. This was the worst straw man/non sequitur I've ever seen in my life, and that's saying something.

If you're not going to post like a coherent adult, you shouldn't be surprised that no one treats you like one. This was the worst straw man/non sequitur I've ever seen in my life, and that's saying something.

I think you're not understanding the words you're using. How is my commentary a strawman? Have you followed the thread at all?

I think you're not understanding the words you're using. How is my commentary a strawman? Have you followed the thread at all?

I understand the words I used very well. You're babbling. If the choice is between other people not reading/understanding, or you sounding like a damned fool, always go with the latter. The odds are much better.

Forum List

Back