Is God "most" powerful Or all-powerful?

It's the same meaning. Bout as useful to debate this as to debate how many angels can dance on the head of a needle

Based upon our present understanding of "power" as proffered in the OP, I will vote God to be all powerful and unlimited compared to our mortal world and current technologies.

I would suggest that god is most powerful when used as the figure head of fanatics.
god/allah has been used by said fanatics to promote fear in those who would oppose certain views for over two millenia.
Now if god/allah was all powerful he would sort these fanatical idiots, wouldn't he?

I would suggest that god is most powerful when used as the figure head of fanatics.
god/allah has been used by said fanatics to promote fear in those who would oppose certain views for over two millenia.
Now if god/allah was all powerful he would sort these fanatical idiots, wouldn't he?

Why should He?

Indeed why should he!
The fact that he hasn't done anything for god knows how long...if he did anything before that even? Is why he is only most powerful as a clarion call for religious loons!

Well, the thread title pretty much sums it up. What do you folks think?
My view falls into the camp of "most powerful".

My God is is most powerful and all powerful. Jesus Christ is God and Jesus Christ is LORD. He has never lost a battle and He never will lose a battle because He is God. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is LORD.

Indeed why should he!
The fact that he hasn't done anything for god knows how long...if he did anything before that even? Is why he is only most powerful as a clarion call for religious loons!

Perhaps it's because just as you are doing now, man denied and rejected him back then. God gave up on man and packed up his bags and left. Satan was god of the first earth age and he is still god of this earth age. That's what man wanted. God is giving you all the rope you desire to work things out for yourself. You are serving your god well. You have bought into Satan's lie that with your knowledge you are like God. You are free to scoff and deny God now but one day He will deny you also.

Christians are not of this world. Their citizenship is not of this world. They do not serve your god.

Having heard quite a few opinions, I still have to stick to my "most" assessment.

Otherwise certain paradoxes would muddle a great many things up...

God is actually safer being only "most" powerful...

Having heard quite a few opinions, I still have to stick to my "most" assessment.

I really don't think He is worried about our opinions in the least. I submit He already is fully aware of our opinions.

The only power Satan has is what God permits him to have - very limited. Never make the mistake of comparing any power of Satan to the power of Jesus Christ. There is no comparison, Vastator. Jesus Christ said it is finished at the cross. If you are a born again Believer and your name is written in the Lamb's book of life & you are living holy unto the LORD? Satan is under your feet! Why isn't Satan under your feet and why are you allowing him to intimidate you and cause you to fear him, Vastator? Your problem is that you need Jesus Christ!

I really don't think He is worried about our opinions in the least. I submit He already is fully aware of our opinions.
I agree. That as God; he should be fully aware of our opinions.
But I still contend that he is more secure being only most powerful.

If you have a suggestion as to the scope of his power feel free to contribute.

The only power Satan has is what God permits him to have - very limited. Never make the mistake of comparing any power of Satan to the power of Jesus Christ. There is no comparison, Vastator. Jesus Christ said it is finished at the cross. If you are a born again Believer and your name is written in the Lamb's book of life & you are living holy unto the LORD? Satan is under your feet! Why isn't Satan under your feet and why are you allowing him to intimidate you and cause you to fear him, Vastator? Your problem is that you need Jesus Christ!
I never did make such a comparison. What are you talking about?
Where do you get the notion that I'm intimidated by satan? I never even mentioned him. The thread is about the nature and power of god. That's all.

So how did Noah get roos from Australia and back again?

Neither. If "God" was all powerful he could create a problem he could not solve and therefore could not be all powerful. The proposition disproves itself.
If god was most powerful he could not be jealous. Jealousy is indicative of one who has feelings of inadequacy.
Why not address the other superlatives as well.
If god was omnipresent he could not be defined, therefore the bible and all other religious texts were an enormous waste of time.
If was omniscient he would never have had to test anyone's faith, e.g. Abraham, he would already know.
While we're on the subject, if Jesus was god and he sacrificed his life for our sins, where was the sacrifice?

Forum List

Back