Is Gun Control inherently futile.. possibly, unwittingly deleterious?

Sahba

VIP Member
Mar 2, 2018
VT & NH
The Utter Futility of Gun Control

The private manufacture of firearms is the least of the challenges facing gun control advocates. They must contend with the fact that there are over 90 million law-abiding Americans who legally possess over 300 million firearms and who pose no demonstrable threat to their fellow citizens.

In addition, there are untold millions of firearms in the hands of our very large criminal population. These individuals don’t undergo FBI background checks to buy their guns. They use straw purchasers with clean records to do the buying. Or they get them in back alleys or on street corners from other criminals.

Individuals have been making their own firearms in this country since the founding of the Republic. Today it is possible to make high quality, fully functioning lower receivers for firearms such as AR-15s, AK-47s, and handguns using simple hand tools. As long as they are not sold to others, it is perfectly legal to make firearms with no serial numbers and no means of tracing them. This state of affairs exists because there is no way that the government could ever hope to effectively regulate or prevent such private manufacture of firearms that is ongoing in homes, garages, and machine shops across the nation.

Placing all of this into context, the actions of the former Obama State Department and the current push by the 'Finsteinian' element (Bloomberg, Hogg, Scumer etc.) have merely demonstrated once again the utter futility of gun control. DD’s software is only the tiniest tip of the iceberg. Not only is it and other similar software already in the public domain and readily available for use by one and all, there is no way to recall it. That fight was over in 2013.

I tried to attach a pic of one of my milled out, AR lowers but it's easier to swipe a pic off of the internet... I only wish that I had taken shop class in HS with the boys... lol. Hopefully this will pique the interest of some law abiding Americans out there who haven't explored this notion!
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back