Is Hollywood Racist?

The top movie to come out of Hollywood this year featuring all black actors.

Somehow this doesn't seem like Oscar nomination material? ....... :cool:

Straight_Outta_Compton_poster.jpg

Is this the film based on the NWA album or something? If so, wow, it's got to be mega violent and bigoted toward women and displaying intense hatred for the police.

It was actually a pretty good movie. I definitely wouldn't call any of it's message "intense hatred for police". In that era there was a propensity towards racial profiling. They were ordered by the police not to play "Fuck the Police" but they did, as their 1st Amendment rights allow them to. They were arrested for it, and a riot broke out. The crowd had every reason to be outraged.

It wasn't very violent at all, or bigoted towards women.

The top movie to come out of Hollywood this year featuring all black actors.

Somehow this doesn't seem like Oscar nomination material? ....... :cool:

Straight_Outta_Compton_poster.jpg

Is this the film based on the NWA album or something? If so, wow, it's got to be mega violent and bigoted toward women and displaying intense hatred for the police.

It was actually a pretty good movie. I definitely wouldn't call any of it's message "intense hatred for police". In that era there was a propensity towards racial profiling. They were ordered by the police not to play "Fuck the Police" but they did, as their 1st Amendment rights allow them to. They were arrested for it, and a riot broke out. The crowd had every reason to be outraged.

It wasn't very violent at all, or bigoted towards women.

Thanks okay. I just thought it might be film interpretation of actual album, which the latter is very misogynist and promoting violence.

Some are saying because no blacks were nominated for an Oscar this year it proves Hollywood is racist. (And I say Hollywood because it's the industry that does the nominating.)

I say the fact that blacks are in fact fully integrated in all aspects of Hollywood and have the potential to be nominated should their work warrant it says Hollywood is not racist. The kicker being the Academy President is a black woman.

So are the leftists in Hollywood really racists?

OMG, I'm defending Hollywood. The world has truely turned upside down.
If the general consensus is that Hollywood is not racist then I can report we have discovered our first virtue associated with that enterprise.

They mock God, they mock Catholicism for sure, they mock family moral values, they promote every kind of perverted sex imaginable, they promote teenage promiscuity to the highest of heights, they use the most filthy vulgar shocking language one could ever want to be around (freaks me out), they not so subtly promote liberal ideals like the environment as this godly mission, they love violence and gore, they surely promote homosexuality as something so normal and even desirable, they are very profoundly pro-abortion, they pretty much have nothing moral or virtuous directed at children, the only laughs they can generate for kids is a heavy dose of potty humor. And worst of all, they are just plain gross!

So is Hollywood racist? Against blacks? I doubt it. Against other races or types? Well how can you be that secular liberal and in a position to influence the masses and not want to upend everyone else’s values who disagree with you?

Some are saying because no blacks were nominated for an Oscar this year it proves Hollywood is racist. (And I say Hollywood because it's the industry that does the nominating.)

I say the fact that blacks are in fact fully integrated in all aspects of Hollywood and have the potential to be nominated should their work warrant it says Hollywood is not racist. The kicker being the Academy President is a black woman.

If the general consensus is that Hollywood is not racist then I can report we have discovered our first virtue associated with that enterprise.

They mock God, they mock Catholicism for sure, they mock family moral values, they promote every kind of perverted sex imaginable, they promote teenage promiscuity to the highest of heights, they use the most filthy vulgar shocking language one could ever want to be around (freaks me out), they not so subtly promote liberal ideals like the environment as this godly mission, they love violence and gore, they surely promote homosexuality as something so normal and even desirable, they are very profoundly pro-abortion, they pretty much have nothing moral or virtuous directed at children, the only laughs they can generate for kids is a heavy dose of potty humor. And worst of all, they are just plain gross!

So is Hollywood racist? Against blacks? I doubt it. Against other races or types? Well how can you be that secular liberal and in a position to influence the masses and not want to upend everyone else’s values who disagree with you?
Watch next year at all of the minority's nominated.
That'll answer if Hollywood is racist or not.

Watch next year at all of the minority's nominated.
That'll answer if Hollywood is racist or not.

I am the last person to have an honest opinion about anything Hollywood. I am extremely biased against them and I think all their movies are garbage since like 1980 (with few exceptions).

Still I will say this. Maybe the moguls or the academy are racist but the actual movies they put out show no bias against the black race. No bias against hip hop crap, glorifying gang violence or all the sex they take part in. So I say big deal. The actual films are more important than the awards, and in the movies blacks are portrayed far far better than Christianity or family values are, for example.

There needs to be more minority representation on the nomination boards, but I agree that Hollywood is not racist.

Minority artists should do more to be recognized.

There are plenty of great minority artists. It's just that while they may play great roles they may not always be Oscar worthy. I agree that Will Smith probably should have at least won one by now, but he has been nominated twice. I think the problem is saturation. Blacks are something like 18% of the entire population. Of course you will see way more whites nominated. It's in the numbers.

There needs to be more minority representation on the nomination boards, but I agree that Hollywood is not racist.

There are plenty of great minority artists. It's just that while they may play great roles they may not always be Oscar worthy. I agree that Will Smith probably should have at least won one by now, but he has been nominated twice. I think the problem is saturation. Blacks are something like 18% of the entire population. Of course you will see way more whites nominated. It's in the numbers.

Some do, but some become involved with crappy projects. "Concussion", was one boring was movie. Will Smith shouldn't be surprised that he didn't get nominated for anything.

Some do, but some become involved with crappy projects. "Concussion", was one boring was movie. Will Smith shouldn't be surprised that he didn't get nominated for anything.

He has been nominated twice, but never won.

I honestly can't say I know what he should have won for. Just the fact that he's a good actor, and has been in a million movies I figured he had to have won an Oscar by now. :D

This is the good thing. The left is destroying itself from within, and facing the reality of it's delusional ideology.

They want the Oscars to become an affirmative action committee, rather than truly award people on the merits of their achievements.

In the real world, if the committee is supposedly blind racially and ethnically, which I believe they are, then nobody should be looking at the color of the nominees.

But let them suffer the end result of their failed ideology. It will get to a point where there will HAVE to be at least two to three nominees every year, regardless of whether they deserve it or not. Which means that people will be taking the prize even less seriously than they already do, therefore cheapening it's value to those that receive this award.

Very soon there will be Asians and Latinos asking for the same, and the shit will hit the fan.

The proof that Hollywood is not racist is that a black man can be the villain of the story without a good guy black man to even things out.

On the surface I think Hollywood is both racists and sexists, but that can best be judged by those within the industry. An industry which I'm not enamored and thus I have no intent of researching and I'll go along on my gut feeling.

Fuck Hollywood

fuck liberal Hollywood

Hollywood is not what it was in the 1910 and 1920s and 30s.....

Fuck Hollywood

Forum List

Back