Is Hollywood Racist?

I wish it was racist enough to keep idiots like Spike Lee quiet.

Never mind racist and whatever.... no

Hollywood is dead!

and rotting

A lot of truth to this. I'd rather watch my favorite classics repeatedly than be paid to go see some of the shit that's coming out now.

Absolutely!:clap:

Me too....if I have to watch ...I will watch vintage....

Never watch nowadays shit....stupid disgusting rubbish

Never! never never!

only some things like 13 hours ....where you hear the truth about Benghazi...

but commercial shit for the sheeple?

not on your life.

Some are saying because no blacks were nominated for an Oscar this year it proves Hollywood is racist. (And I say Hollywood because it's the industry that does the nominating.)

I say the fact that blacks are in fact fully integrated in all aspects of Hollywood and have the potential to be nominated should their work warrant it says Hollywood is not racist. The kicker being the Academy President is a black woman.

So are the leftists in Hollywood really racists?

OMG, I'm defending Hollywood. The world has truely turned upside down.

Well let me thing about this....

Is Hollywood racist because they did not nominate African Americans for the Best Actor, and Actress awards or for Best supporting actor and actress award?

Well how many Hispanics were nominated?

How many Asians?

How many Native Americans?

The African American community is focused on them not being nominated but forgot other races were left out too, but let not focus on that and just the fact that African Americans were nominated for those awards...

Also name one African American movie that was worthy of a nomination, and does anyone believe Michael B. Jordon deserve a nomination for Creed or did Will Smith deserve a nomination for Concussion?

In my opinion no and Out of Compton was not Oscar worthy to me either, but I guess I am just a old fashion racist that believe your work need to be good enough to be nominated and you should not use your race to bully your way to a award...

Some are saying because no blacks were nominated for an Oscar this year it proves Hollywood is racist. (And I say Hollywood because it's the industry that does the nominating.)

I say the fact that blacks are in fact fully integrated in all aspects of Hollywood and have the potential to be nominated should their work warrant it says Hollywood is not racist. The kicker being the Academy President is a black woman.

Is Hollywood racist because they did not nominate African Americans for the Best Actor, and Actress awards or for Best supporting actor and actress award?

How many Asians?

The African American community is focused on them not being nominated but forgot other races were left out too, but let not focus on that and just the fact that African Americans were nominated for those awards...

Also name one African American movie that was worthy of a nomination, and does anyone believe Michael B. Jordon deserve a nomination for Creed or did Will Smith deserve a nomination for Concussion?

In my opinion no and Out of Compton was not Oscar worthy to me either, but I guess I am just a old fashion racist that believe your work need to be good enough to be nominated and you should not use your race to bully your way to a award...
As Stacy Dash pointed out get rid of BET where only blacks get the awards

How many Asians?

White people are nominated for and WIN BET Awards.

How many Asians?

Yes you are correct. Stacy Dash stated otherwise.

"I think it's ludicrous," Dash, 49, said about the response to the Oscar nominations. "We have to make up our minds. Either we want to have segregation or integration. If we don't want segregation, then we need to get rid of channels like BET and the BET Awards and the [NAACP] Image Awards, where you're only awarded it you're black"

I've always said Hollywood is racist. I can't count how many movies I've seen that had a token black person in it who's purpose as to "act black". Movies so often have blacks playing stereotypical roles.

Now does this most recent Oscar uproar make Hollywood racist? I have no idea since I don't give a shit about the Oscars. Hollywood does just fine making itself racist without the Oscars.

How many Asians?

Yes you are correct. Stacy Dash stated otherwise.

"I think it's ludicrous," Dash, 49, said about the response to the Oscar nominations. "We have to make up our minds. Either we want to have segregation or integration. If we don't want segregation, then we need to get rid of channels like BET and the BET Awards and the [NAACP] Image Awards, where you're only awarded it you're black"
It appears to me she doesn't really think things through. Maybe she is just going for the soundbite. I don't know. Ms. Dash is out of place when she goes on shows like Fox's Out Numbered. The other women on that show make her look rather dimwitted.

There's only ONE COLOR that Hollywood gives a damn about and it's green. Black actors and actresses need to make money making movies. It's just that simple. The NFL is the prime example.

Forum List

Back