🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Homosexuality a Mental Disorder ?

=MikeK;8710875]I don't know what a "homobobe" is. But homophobia is irrational fear of or hatred of homosexuality. And most behaviorists believe homophobic expression to be masked repudiation of one's latent homosexual impulses.
Disagreeing with the "gay" agenda doesn't make someone "fear or hate homosexuals." If we use your logic conversely then we have every right to call queers "normalphobes" or "straightphobes" or "Christophobes" simply because they disagree with the lifestyles of normal folks. We could also assume that since they disagree with the normal lifestyle that they have "masked, latent straight impulses." Am I right?

Homosexuality is not normal (meaning usual). It is abnormal (meaning unusual). But it is quite natural and has been observed in many species other than human: Homosexual behavior in animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Using the argument that homosexual behavior has been observed in the animal kingdom actually works against the "gay" agenda in that the percentage of animals that have been observed participating in that sort of activity are rare (comparatively speaking), thus vastly abnormal. If one believes in the idea of "natural selection" then one must conclude that nature will ultimately weed out "gay" organisms (considering the fact that they can't reproduce).
I agree. The hormonal imbalance which is believed to foster homosexual impulses occurs pre-natally: Prenatal hormones and sexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From a Christian's perspective, you've hit the nail on the head. We're all "born" with sin nature. You, me, and the rest of mankind! It's our job to overcome our sinful tendencies by repenting of our sins and praying to the Holy Spirit for wisdom, strength, and guidance.

From a more secular standpoint we could also claim that Jeffry Dahmer and Charles Manson were "born" to be a murderers but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't have learned to overcome their natural, "prenatal" tendency to murder.

You know.....................actual doctors and scientists have taken pictures of the brains of both gays and straights.

Guess what? They've found that the structure of the gay brain is different than the structure of the brains of straights.

What makes people gay? Biologists may never get a complete answer to that question, but researchers in Sweden have found one more sign that the answer lies in the structure of the brain.

Scientists at the Karolinska Institute studied brain scans of 90 gay and straight men and women, and found that the size of the two symmetrical halves of the brains of gay men more closely resembled those of straight women than they did straight men. In heterosexual women, the two halves of the brain are more or less the same size. In heterosexual men, the right hemisphere is slightly larger. Scans of the brains of gay men in the study, however, showed that their hemispheres were relatively symmetrical, like those of straight women, while the brains of homosexual women were asymmetrical like those of straight men. The number of nerves connecting the two sides of the brains of gay men were also more like the number in heterosexual women than in straight men.

Read more: What the Gay Brain Looks Like - TIME What the Gay Brain Looks Like - TIME

Sorry, but gays are born that way, and no amount of therapy is going to be able to restructure their brain to be straight.

You know.....................actual doctors and scientists have taken pictures of the brains of both gays and straights.

Guess what? They've found that the structure of the gay brain is different than the structure of the brains of straights.

Sorry, but gays are born that way, and no amount of therapy is going to be able to restructure their brain to be straight.

No two brains are alike. I'm sure that if someone took a picture of a murderer's brain and compared it to Mother Teresa's brain they would look different but that doesn't mean that murder should be excused.

No two brains are alike. I'm sure that if someone took a picture of a murderer's brain and compared it to Mother Teresa's brain they would look different but that doesn't mean that murder should be excused.

Nope, the difference is in the part of the brain that defines sexuality.

Try again.

Try again.

So does that excuse a pedophile who's brain points his sexual urges towards children? What about someone who's attracted to goats -- does the the shape of their brain excuse their behavior?

Try again.

So does that excuse a pedophile who's brain points his sexual urges towards children? What about someone who's attracted to goats -- does the the shape of their brain excuse their behavior?

Those behaviors weren't studied. However, it would be interesting to see what the structure is of people like that.

I'd be willing to bet they'd be closer to hetero brains than gay ones though.

Nice hyperbole on the slippery slope argument by the way.

Try again.

Those behaviors weren't studied. However, it would be interesting to see what the structure is of people like that.

I'd be willing to bet they'd be closer to hetero brains than gay ones though.

Nice hyperbole on the slippery slope argument by the way.

Excellent sidestep! Kudos.

A healthy heterosexual is a normal woman attracted to a normal man and a normal man attracted to a normal woman.

By the way ... members of NAMBLA are male adults who are attracted to male adolescents. I would put them in the "homosexual" AND "pedophile" AND "LGBT" categories.

Last edited:

What makes people gay? Biologists may never get a complete answer to that question, but researchers in Sweden have found one more sign that the answer lies in the structure of the brain.

Scientists at the Karolinska Institute studied brain scans of 90 gay and straight men and women, and found that the size of the two symmetrical halves of the brains of gay men more closely resembled those of straight women than they did straight men. In heterosexual women, the two halves of the brain are more or less the same size. In heterosexual men, the right hemisphere is slightly larger. Scans of the brains of gay men in the study, however, showed that their hemispheres were relatively symmetrical, like those of straight women, while the brains of homosexual women were asymmetrical like those of straight men. The number of nerves connecting the two sides of the brains of gay men were also more like the number in heterosexual women than in straight men.

Read more: What the Gay Brain Looks Like - TIME What the Gay Brain Looks Like - TIME

Interesting ... berry berry interesting ... but stewpit

Actually I don't have the time to go over the article right now, but it is of interest and will address it later .

The American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder in 1973 only after years of political pressure from gay activists. The American Psychiatric association board of trustees passed this decision followed by a statement which listed among the reasons for their decision as changing social norms and growing gay rights activism . So basically, a scientific institution was coerced into changing a scientific opinion or classification due to political pressure !

Removing homosexuality from the list of mental illnesses was not triggered by some scientific breakthrough. There was no new fact or set of facts that stimulated this major change. Rather, it was the simple reality that gay people started to kick up a fuss.

In subsequent years the APA has become so politicized , that it has lost any credibility as a Scientific organization and in the words of one former APA President it is totally "Beholden to the Gay Rights Movement"

Myself and many others , who for fear of reprisals remain silent believe that Homosexuality is and always has been a Mental Disorder and Homosexuals should not be deterred from seeking Psychological / Psychiatric Help.

One man's mental disorder is another man's norm.

Interesting ... berry berry interesting ... but stewpit

Actually I don't have the time to go over the article right now, but it is of interest and will address it later .

Very Interesting study , from a small test group, with a small control group, but entirely inconclusive and not peer reviewed - yet.

Dr. Eric Vilain does have an excellent reputation, what I did discover however is that his findings are ALWAYS - Without Exception in favor of the Gay Agenda - which shed doubt of his credibility. I would definitely stop short of calling the good doctor another Evelyn Hooker who manipulated test results in order to obtain results favorable to her ideology. I would however await further critique of his work , assuming that unfavorable criticism is not suppressed as is so often the case.

Nice Post - BikerFaggot

Last edited:
Homosexuality is not normal (meaning usual). It is abnormal (meaning unusual). But it is quite natural and has been observed in many species other than human: Homosexual behavior in animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you have some reason to think that other animal species are somehow immune to abnormality ? The obvious proof that homosexuality is unnatural, is that it is in contradiction to nature's design.

Used to think you were reasonably intelligent. Anything other animals do is by definition 'natural.' It may not be a majority action, but it remains a natural variation. And simply because it isn't how sexual reproduction works is no reason to believe it's unnatural, deviant, or harmful.

Just because YOU have a problem with sex doesn't mean science and sexology agrees with you.

1. I have no problem with sex, and you don't think I do.
2. Of course, it is unnatural for any animal to have sex with one of its own sex. Nature is designed for animals to have heterosexual sex, not homosexual. If any animal does what nature does not design it to do, that is unnatural.
3. Saying >> "Anything other animals do is by definition 'natural." is one of he dumbest things I've ever seen in a forum.

What you just said is equivalent to saying it would be natural for fish to try to walk across the desert. Or natural for horses to jump off cliffs to fly across the ocean. Or dogs to climb trees. You do a better job of refuting your post than I do. :lol:

Last edited:
I do not believe it is a mental disorder, but could be if a child was raised in a home where homosexuality is preferred or encouraged.
Homosexuality, it it's purity, that is, someone who is specifically attracted to their own sex is, by definition, an abnormality. There is no serious argument that could be provided based on the obvious biological purpose of male/female genitalia. Therefore homosexuality is a biological disorder.
To me, the question should be "is this abnormality unacceptable?" Should it be shunned or banned in some way. And my answer to that is no. It serves no purpose to punish people for something they cannot control, as long as it does no harm to others.

I've never looked at any scientific evidense but my gut reaction is that you are correct. Homosexuality specifically in males is a flaw of nature similar to any other birth defect and should be accepted as such as long as it does no harm to anyone else.

I think prison behavior contradicts the myth that homosexuals don't force themselves on anyone. Based on that subset of the homosexual population I believe that homosexualism does present a potential threat to hetrosexual society.

Prison behavior is a small part of it all. The major part is just queers attempting to legitimize their perversion, and make it acceptable by law, as they have succeeded in doing in some states and localities. The harm of this is massive, especially to children.

Did you have some reason to think that other animal species are somehow immune to abnormality ? The obvious proof that homosexuality is unnatural, is that it is in contradiction to nature's design.

Used to think you were reasonably intelligent. Anything other animals do is by definition 'natural.' It may not be a majority action, but it remains a natural variation. And simply because it isn't how sexual reproduction works is no reason to believe it's unnatural, deviant, or harmful.

Just because YOU have a problem with sex doesn't mean science and sexology agrees with you.

1. I have no problem with sex, and you don't think I do.
2. Of course, it is unnatural for any animal to have sex with one of its own sex. Nature is designed for animals to have heterosexual sex, not homosexual. If any animal does what nature does not design it to do, that is unnatural.
3. Saying >> "Anything other animals do is by definition 'natural." is one of he dumbest things I've ever seen in a forum.

What you just said is equivalent to saying it would be natural for fish to try to walk across the desert. Or natural for horses to jump off cliffs to fly across the ocean. Or dogs to climb trees. You do a better job of refuting your post than I do. :lol:

Unfortunately, I can post videos of all three of those things happening. Some fish do walk on land (well, 'waddle' might be more accurate,) horses do jump off cliffs (albeit into water,) and dogs climb trees routinely.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvRtOYGMWV8]Fish walking on land! - YouTube[/ame]
Walking fish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dog climbs tree - Google Search
'Dogs climb trees'

Are pics n videos of horses jumping and being riden off cliffs but it seems unethical so not gonna post it. Can google if curious.

Over 1500 animals besides people exhibit homosexuality. It's a natural variation to sexuality. While I wouldn't go as far as to anthropomorphisize that as being 'preferential homosexuality' the behaviours exist naturally.

Homo/Heterosexuality are just words we invented to describe sexual behaviours. The obejctive reality though is because sex feels good and can result in orgasm, humans and other animals will seek it from any willing partner. And because animals don't have a big ol' stck up their butts about sex, they'll have 'homosexual' sex too.

=MikeK;8710875]I don't know what a "homobobe" is. But homophobia is irrational fear of or hatred of homosexuality. And most behaviorists believe homophobic expression to be masked repudiation of one's latent homosexual impulses.
Disagreeing with the "gay" agenda doesn't make someone "fear or hate homosexuals." If we use your logic conversely then we have every right to call queers "normalphobes" or "straightphobes" or "Christophobes" simply because they disagree with the lifestyles of normal folks. We could also assume that since they disagree with the normal lifestyle that they have "masked, latent straight impulses." Am I right?
No. You're quite wrong.

I didn't say "disagreeing" with the gay agenda makes someone fear or hate homosexuals. I said homophobia is an irrational fear or hatred, not simply a "disagreement." So if I were you I would give a lot of thought to why you find it necessary to re-shape the meaning of my comments to conform with your beliefs.

Using the argument that homosexual behavior has been observed in the animal kingdom actually works against the "gay" agenda in that the percentage of animals that have been observed participating in that sort of activity are rare (comparatively speaking), thus vastly abnormal. If one believes in the idea of "natural selection" then one must conclude that nature will ultimately weed out "gay" organisms (considering the fact that they can't reproduce).
That reasoning presumes Natural process is flawless, but the fact is Nature is replete with exceptions and imperfections -- which includes humans with limited ability for abstract reasoning.

Your question suggests explaining something also excuses it. Please explain how you arrived at that conclusion.

Forum List

Back