Is it clear? Do you finally understand? Can you get why we need a draft?

R

rdean

I talk about it in previous posts:

Why I haven't been able to get into Bernie Sanders: | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

France train shooting: Hollande thanks 'heroes' who foiled gunman - BBC News

French President Francois Hollande has thanked three American men hailed as heroes for overpowering a heavily-armed gunman on a train in northern France.

One of the Americans said they took an AK-47 assault rifle and a handgun from the attacker as they saw him walk down the aisle of the train.

Two of the American men who overpowered the gunman, Spencer Stone and Alek Skarlatos, are members of the Air Force and the National Guard respectively.

---------------------------------

A real and true unbiased draft gives young men and women confidence from the training, it gives them the chance of serving the country. When I was in the service, one of the guys in the battery had a father who owned a chain of department stores. It's youngsters like that who have the most difficult time. They never had to work. And were spoiled their entire lives. He had to find out what it means to actually work hard. And he had to actually learn how other people live. Hand me downs and new shoes and never having glasses were totally new and unexpected to someone who got every expensive thing new and unused.

And if there were military trained personnel in the movie theater shootings, and other shootings, most former solders will rush the gunman providing the smallest silhouette that's possible using any available cover. They will know how to disarm the terrorist, tie him up or kill him and keep the crowd calm. Just staying sitting ducks is much less likely when the targets for former military.

In this day and age, I think the draft is a great idea and if you avoid it by running off to another country, like Romney did, then good. Stay there.

Why I haven't been able to get into Bernie Sanders: | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

French President Francois Hollande has thanked three American men hailed as heroes for overpowering a heavily-armed gunman on a train in northern France.

One of the Americans said they took an AK-47 assault rifle and a handgun from the attacker as they saw him walk down the aisle of the train.

Two of the American men who overpowered the gunman, Spencer Stone and Alek Skarlatos, are members of the Air Force and the National Guard respectively.

A real and true unbiased draft gives young men and women confidence from the training, it gives them the chance of serving the country. When I was in the service, one of the guys in the battery had a father who owned a chain of department stores. It's youngsters like that who have the most difficult time. They never had to work. And were spoiled their entire lives. He had to find out what it means to actually work hard. And he had to actually learn how other people live. Hand me downs and new shoes and never having glasses were totally new and unexpected to someone who got every expensive thing new and unused.

And if there were military trained personnel in the movie theater shootings, and other shootings, most former solders will rush the gunman providing the smallest silhouette that's possible using any available cover. They will know how to disarm the terrorist, tie him up or kill him and keep the crowd calm. Just staying sitting ducks is much less likely when the targets for former military.

In this day and age, I think the draft is a great idea and if you avoid it by running off to another country, like Romney did, then good. Stay there.

Speaking of draft, how come women don't have to register for it? Come on girls, you wanted equality so you should have to register like I did.

Actually, I think that's an outstanding idea... That way the chicken Libs can help clean up Obozo's mess!!!
Military vote softens but doesn't shift

A poll conducted late last year by the Military Times found that 57 percent of those surveyed consider themselves Republican, while 13 percent identified with the Democrats. Among the officer corps the numbers were different. Nearly 66 percent of officers considered themselves Republican compared with 9 percent Democratic. Nearly 30 percent of those surveyed by the Military Times declined to answer the questions or said they were independent.

Military Veterans of All Ages Tend to Be More Republican

For the entire adult population, 34% of veterans and those currently on active military service are Republican, compared to 26% of those who are not veterans, while 29% of veterans identify themselves as Democrats, compared to 38% of those who are not veterans. (Thirty-three percent of veterans are independents, compared to 29% of nonveterans.)

How does one defend a draft when one lives in a country based upon Liberty? Do tell...

Speaking of draft, how come women don't have to register for it? Come on girls, you wanted equality so you should have to register like I did.
In a new draft the pretty panties would have to sign up as well, so un-wad your tighty whities...

How does one defend a draft when one lives in a country based upon Liberty? Do tell...

Do you even read what you post? How did we defend the liberty of this country in WW2 without a draft? Are you saying we have more freedom today and are in less danger than we were in 1939?

I know you left-wingers like to think that liberalism is based on "liberty" because they both share the same five letters. But this country is less free than it was in 1939, and just as susceptible to being attacked, whether it be from the outside or the inside. In fact, what we are current living under has been referred to as a "soft tyranny". This is no longer a Constitutional Republic as it was meant to be from its inception. We have at the helm a leader who has proven over and over, that he has absolutely no regard for the U.S. Constitution or the rule of law. If you can't see that, you need to pull your head out of your ass and take a look around you.

I guess that's to be expected from a person whose avatar is a character from a movie which depicted our own military as being more dangerous than Communist Russia.

Last edited:
Actually, I think that's an outstanding idea... That way the chicken Libs can help clean up Obozo's mess!!!

A poll conducted late last year by the Military Times found that 57 percent of those surveyed consider themselves Republican, while 13 percent identified with the Democrats. Among the officer corps the numbers were different. Nearly 66 percent of officers considered themselves Republican compared with 9 percent Democratic. Nearly 30 percent of those surveyed by the Military Times declined to answer the questions or said they were independent.

For the entire adult population, 34% of veterans and those currently on active military service are Republican, compared to 26% of those who are not veterans, while 29% of veterans identify themselves as Democrats, compared to 38% of those who are not veterans. (Thirty-three percent of veterans are independents, compared to 29% of nonveterans.)
Did you notice your link was from 2004? And even this, it said this:

But determining the political leanings of the nation’s military has traditionally been difficult. The military is prickly about giving pollsters and academics unfettered access to its troops.

Then there is this from Time:

But there is conflicting evidence. The Center for Responsive Politics reported last month that self-described military personnel had donated $678,611 to Obama, 85% more than the $398,450 the Romney campaign has collected.

Does the Military Vote Really Lean Republican? | TIME.com

---------------------

The reason so many in the military have stopped leaning Republican is TWO:

One, they are tired of being fucked over by Republicans.

Two, well, :

OB-DL263_0407ob_F_20090407114449.jpg

Do you even read what you post? How did we defend the liberty of this country in WW2 without a draft? Are you saying we have more freedom today and are in less danger than we were in 1939?

I know you left-wingers like to think that liberalism is based on "liberty" because they both share the same five letters. But this country is less free than it was in 1939, and just as susceptible to being attacked, whether it be from the outside or the inside. In fact, what we are current living under has been referred to as a "soft tyranny". This is no longer a Constitutional Republic as it was meant to be from its inception. We have at the helm a leader who has proven over and over, that he has absolutely no regard for the U.S. Constitution or the rule of law. If you can't see that, you need to pull your head out of your ass and take a look around you.

I guess that's to be expected from a person whose avatar is a character from a movie which depicted our own military as being more dangerous than Communist Russia.
Thanks, great post!

In a new draft the pretty panties would have to sign up as well, so un-wad your tighty whities...
I totally agree. True equality.

No, we don't need a draft....all you left wingers want a draft because that was the way you sabataged the vietnam war......those riots in the 60s weren't about the war, they were about lefties who didn't want to get drafted and fight, when Nixon ended the draft the protests dried up almost over night.

A volunteer army makes sure that those who want the job are in the job....you don't want people in combat who don't want to be there.

Years ago I used to teach music at a music store. From time to time, some insistent btch would bring in her kid to learn how to play guitar. That was fine except the kid had no desire to play the guitar. It was her idea. Those kids had different interests.

I tried to do my job, but it's impossible to make somebody something they are not. You not only have to have an interest to be good at something, you have to have the talent as well.

You're not going to make a businessman out of a homeless man. You're not going to make a boxer out of a scientist. You're not going to make a lawyer out of the french fry maker at McDonald's.

People are geared for certain things, and that's why a draft is a horrible idea. You would be forcing people who have no ability to fight to fight for their life. All you would really be doing is setting up people to be slaughtered, and I see no advantage in that, especially when fellow American fighters are expecting some support from their comrades.

We have a great military today. Why? Because they joined on their own terms. They have a desire to go into battle; a desire to serve their country; a willingness to kill not only one person, but as many as it takes to win a battle. It's just certain traits that many of us really don't have.

But determining the political leanings of the nation’s military has traditionally been difficult. The military is prickly about giving pollsters and academics unfettered access to its troops.

But there is conflicting evidence. The Center for Responsive Politics reported last month that self-described military personnel had donated $678,611 to Obama, 85% more than the $398,450 the Romney campaign has collected.

---------------------

Two, well, :

Did you even notice that there were TWO links???
But here's the results of last year's poll by the Military Times....
party-affiliation-active-duty-military-570x335.png

---------------------

Two, well, :

Bullshit. The only reason Obama got the donations he did was because he promised to end the wars. By 2008, we were tired of fighting and he claimed to have a plan to get us out of their while retaining our dignity.

Little did they know that Obama would completely mismanage the war, ramping up drone strikes in several other countries, and leave a huge gaping void in the Middle East that would quickly be filled by ISIS. Not only that, but thanks to Obama's piss-poor performance as a military commander, terrorist groups like Al-Queda have spread throughout Africa and other Middle Eastern countries where they previously had no presence.

'I think the draft is a great idea and if you avoid it by running off to another country, like Clinton did, then good. Stay there'

---------------------

Two, well, :

View attachment 48038

Evidently by 2010, our soldiers recognized just how poor of a Commander in Chief Obama really turned out to be.

It is interesting that the only guys pushing for conscription are the lefties.....the reason is simple, they want to sabotage the military and create riots whenever we have to deploy troops.

---------------------

Two, well, :

View attachment 48038

Evidently by 2010, our soldiers recognized just how poor of a Commander in Chief Obama really turned out to be.

Military members give Obama 15 percent approval rating

A new Military Times survey of those now serving in the military found that Obama’s approval rating has dropped from 35 percent in 2009 to just 15 percent today.

Personally, I'm against the draft. Unwilling conscriptees tend to dilute the effectiveness of a well-trained and highly-motivated military, as do women in combat positions. The soldiers we now have are the best this country's ever seen. I could see having a draft if WW3 broke out, but the current military can handle most everything as they are.

The only thing that I don't like is that women are exempt from having to register. That's inequality.

Forum List

Back