Is it clear? Do you finally understand? Can you get why we need a draft?

Actually, no. A real Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces listens to his military people, instead of forcing them out for political reasons.

Obama has utterly failed as a military leader.
Since they all should be at home playing soldier instead of killing innocents on the other side of the planet, I'm utterly unconcerned with what the robots with guns that eat and shit think...

Of course, you are including your Nobel Prize winning President, right? His authorized drone strikes have killed more innocent women and children, than those authorized by GW.
Bush didn't really have drones like those now, and it hardly matters, the point is the same. Come home and leave the rest of the world the fuck alone.

You mean "Come home, leave the rest of the world to go to shit, until the rest of the world decides to kick in our door and kill us all".

Should I list for you all the reasons why isolationism and appeasement doesn't work in the real world?
Nope, not interested in your lies, I've heard them all before.

Alrighty then. Be that way.

fingers+in+your+ears.jpg

See, what you don't understand is that we don't want to kill everyone else and take their stuff. We never have. Granted there were times when we were forced into a war and by golly, one of the perks to an all-out war is the privilege of killing everyone and taking their stuff. But we've always given it back to them in spades.

But those people elsewhere in the world who hate us, they're not like we are. They would rather see us marched off to a gas chamber, or a concentration camp, or a Gulag. They would rather chop off our heads, burn down everything, and leave not a single trace that we were ever here.

See the difference now?

Last edited:
Since they all should be at home playing soldier instead of killing innocents on the other side of the planet, I'm utterly unconcerned with what the robots with guns that eat and shit think...

Of course, you are including your Nobel Prize winning President, right? His authorized drone strikes have killed more innocent women and children, than those authorized by GW.
Bush didn't really have drones like those now, and it hardly matters, the point is the same. Come home and leave the rest of the world the fuck alone.

You mean "Come home, leave the rest of the world to go to shit, until the rest of the world decides to kick in our door and kill us all".

Should I list for you all the reasons why isolationism and appeasement doesn't work in the real world?

fingers+in+your+ears.jpg
I've heard it, many times, over many decades. It will be as fake as that Ayn Rand shit you believe in.

Lets see. a draft army with lazy unmotivated trapped people in it that serve 2 years which does not allow the military to train them for any meaningful position except grunt. Or an all volunteer force, highly motivated well trained serving 6 to 8 years per enlistment. Sure thing Rdumb.

I talk about it in previous posts:

Why I haven't been able to get into Bernie Sanders: | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

France train shooting: Hollande thanks 'heroes' who foiled gunman - BBC News

French President Francois Hollande has thanked three American men hailed as heroes for overpowering a heavily-armed gunman on a train in northern France.

One of the Americans said they took an AK-47 assault rifle and a handgun from the attacker as they saw him walk down the aisle of the train.

Two of the American men who overpowered the gunman, Spencer Stone and Alek Skarlatos, are members of the Air Force and the National Guard respectively.

---------------------------------

A real and true unbiased draft gives young men and women confidence from the training, it gives them the chance of serving the country. When I was in the service, one of the guys in the battery had a father who owned a chain of department stores. It's youngsters like that who have the most difficult time. They never had to work. And were spoiled their entire lives. He had to find out what it means to actually work hard. And he had to actually learn how other people live. Hand me downs and new shoes and never having glasses were totally new and unexpected to someone who got every expensive thing new and unused.

And if there were military trained personnel in the movie theater shootings, and other shootings, most former solders will rush the gunman providing the smallest silhouette that's possible using any available cover. They will know how to disarm the terrorist, tie him up or kill him and keep the crowd calm. Just staying sitting ducks is much less likely when the targets for former military.

In this day and age, I think the draft is a great idea and if you avoid it by running off to another country, like Romney did, then good. Stay there.

I think the Dems who fail out of Inner City schools should be drafted

Joe "5 Deferments" Biden

When did Obama serve?
God, no!
The Military has never been about cannon fodder. The Modern military needs committed and intelligent enough to do the job. The military has required high school diplomas 35 years now.

fingers+in+your+ears.jpg
I've heard it, many times, over many decades. It will be as fake as that Ayn Rand shit you believe in.

What "Ayn Rand" shit? Hell, I've never even read any of her books. Granted I do kinda get the gist of where she was coming from, but I just picked a name off the top of my head. I figured it would give you leftwads fits, and apparently it does.

fingers+in+your+ears.jpg

What "Ayn Rand" shit? Hell, I've never even read any of her books. Granted I do kinda get the gist of where she was coming from, but I just picked a name off the top of my head. I figured it would give you leftwads fits, and apparently it does.

I watched the movie The Fountainhead, but that was more for the actors than the author

fingers+in+your+ears.jpg

Well, using that name without knowing her shit books and "philosophy" makes you honestly even more stupid than I imagined.

Exactly why I stated I didn't need to hear your World Police arguments, yet again.

Why I haven't been able to get into Bernie Sanders: | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

French President Francois Hollande has thanked three American men hailed as heroes for overpowering a heavily-armed gunman on a train in northern France.

One of the Americans said they took an AK-47 assault rifle and a handgun from the attacker as they saw him walk down the aisle of the train.

Two of the American men who overpowered the gunman, Spencer Stone and Alek Skarlatos, are members of the Air Force and the National Guard respectively.

A real and true unbiased draft gives young men and women confidence from the training, it gives them the chance of serving the country. When I was in the service, one of the guys in the battery had a father who owned a chain of department stores. It's youngsters like that who have the most difficult time. They never had to work. And were spoiled their entire lives. He had to find out what it means to actually work hard. And he had to actually learn how other people live. Hand me downs and new shoes and never having glasses were totally new and unexpected to someone who got every expensive thing new and unused.

And if there were military trained personnel in the movie theater shootings, and other shootings, most former solders will rush the gunman providing the smallest silhouette that's possible using any available cover. They will know how to disarm the terrorist, tie him up or kill him and keep the crowd calm. Just staying sitting ducks is much less likely when the targets for former military.

In this day and age, I think the draft is a great idea and if you avoid it by running off to another country, like Romney did, then good. Stay there.

I think the Dems who fail out of Inner City schools should be drafted

Joe "5 Deferments" Biden

When did Obama serve?
God, no!
The Military has never been about cannon fodder. The Modern military needs committed and intelligent enough to do the job. The military has required high school diplomas 35 years now.

"the term "cannon fodder" is only used by budding young Bolsheviks. They use that term to denigrate our military while completely ignoring how many young people died to further their favorite ideology, which is Communism.

The all-volunteer force has surpassed expectations. The volunteer military is more intelligent, fit, committed and representative than ever. Moreover, it has proved more cost-effective than a draft force. After more than a decade of sustaining combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan while meeting other global obligations, our force has been successful by virtually every measure.

We need well trained professions who want to serve, not grunts who serve at the point of bayonet.

fingers+in+your+ears.jpg

I watched the movie The Fountainhead, but that was more for the actors than the author

I haven't even seen the movie "Atlas Shrugged". I did has some book awhile back in which she wrote the preface, but I gave it to the thrift store.

fingers+in+your+ears.jpg

Well, using that name without knowing her shit books and "philosophy" makes you honestly even more stupid than I imagined.

Exactly why I stated I didn't need to hear your World Police arguments, yet again.

So tell me then: Which one would be considered more of a "shit book"? Atlas Shrugged, The Communist Manifesto, or Das Kapital?

Which book(s) would have been responsible for the murders of hundreds of millions of people throughout history? I mean in real life.

fingers+in+your+ears.jpg

So tell me then: Which one would be considered more of a "shit book"? Atlas Shrugged, The Communist Manifesto, or Das Kapital?

Which book(s) would have been responsible for the murders of hundreds of millions of people throughout history? I mean in real life.
Atlas Shrugged, of course. And the other books had nothing to do with the purges, especially the last one, which is three volumes BTW. Das Kapital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

fingers+in+your+ears.jpg

Atlas Shrugged, of course. And the other books had nothing to do with the purges, especially the last one, which is three volumes BTW. Das Kapital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You just stated that Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels had nothing to do with Communism. BY your logic, Hitler's Mein Kampf also had nothing to do with the murder of 6 million Jews.

Un-fucking-believable. (Insert rolleyes.gif here)

The all-volunteer force has surpassed expectations. The volunteer military is more intelligent, fit, committed and representative than ever. Moreover, it has proved more cost-effective than a draft force. After more than a decade of sustaining combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan while meeting other global obligations, our force has been successful by virtually every measure.

We need well trained professions who want to serve, not grunts who serve at the point of bayonet.

Well spoken. In addition to that, we need political leaders who will give the military the proper backing they need to accomplish their mission, instead of tearing them down a piece at a time.

You just stated that Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels had nothing to do with Communism. BY your logic, Hitler's Mein Kampf also had nothing to do with the murder of 6 million Jews.

I stated no such thing, and nothing in communism requires that people be killed, nothing at all. And we, and others, let Hitler slaughter the Jews. It's not like we didn't know what he was up to.

fingers+in+your+ears.jpg

It is a toss up between the Koran and the Bible....

I stated no such thing, and nothing in communism requires that people be killed, nothing at all. And we, and others, let Hitler slaughter the Jews. It's not like we didn't know what he was up to.

I dunno, sounds pretty violent to me....

Quotes from "The Communist Manifesto:

The weapons with which the bourgeoisie felled feudalism to the ground are now turned against the bourgeoisie itself.

But not only has the bourgeoisie forged the weapons that bring death to itself; it has also called into existence the men who are to wield those weapons — the modern working class — the proletarians....

Though not in substance, yet in form, the struggle of the proletariat with the bourgeoisie is at first a national struggle. The proletariat of each country must, of course, first of all settle matters with its own bourgeoisie.

In depicting the most general phases of the development of the proletariat, we traced the more or less veiled civil war, raging within existing society, up to the point where that war breaks out into open revolution, and where the violent overthrow of the bourgeoisie lays the foundation for the sway of the proletariat.

What the bourgeoisie therefore produces, above all, are its own grave-diggers. Its fall and the victory of the proletariat are equally inevitable.

The immediate aim of the Communists is the same as that of all other proletarian parties: formation of the proletariat into a class, overthrow of the bourgeois supremacy, conquest of political power by the proletariat.”

“If the proletariat during its contest with the bourgeoisie is compelled, by the force of circumstances, to organise itself as a class, if, by means of a revolution, it makes itself the ruling class, and, as such, sweeps away by force the old conditions of production, then it will, along with these conditions, have swept away the conditions for the existence of class antagonisms and of classes generally, and will thereby have abolished its own supremacy as a class.”

“Hence, They reject all political, and especially all revolutionary action; they wish to attain their ends by peaceful means, necessarily doomed to failure, and by the force of example, to pave the way for the new social Gospel.

Such fantastic pictures of future society, painted at a time when the proletariat is still in a very undeveloped state and has but a fantastic conception of its own position, correspond with the first instinctive yearnings of that class for a general reconstruction of society.

“The Communists disdain to conceal their views and aims. They openly declare that their ends can be attained only by the forcible overthrow of all existing social conditions. Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Working Men of All Countries, Unite”

No, we don't need a draft....all you left wingers want a draft because that was the way you sabataged the vietnam war......those riots in the 60s weren't about the war, they were about lefties who didn't want to get drafted and fight, when Nixon ended the draft the protests dried up almost over night.

A volunteer army makes sure that those who want the job are in the job....you don't want people in combat who don't want to be there.
No it doesn't. Stop being a moron. An all volunteer military means it's made up of mostly poor who are trying to get out of the ghetto or rural Appalachia or someplace similar.
I had no future options and I volunteered and I got the GI bill which changed my life.

Did you notice your link was from 2004? And even this, it said this:

But determining the political leanings of the nation’s military has traditionally been difficult. The military is prickly about giving pollsters and academics unfettered access to its troops.

Then there is this from Time:

But there is conflicting evidence. The Center for Responsive Politics reported last month that self-described military personnel had donated $678,611 to Obama, 85% more than the $398,450 the Romney campaign has collected.

Does the Military Vote Really Lean Republican? | TIME.com

---------------------

The reason so many in the military have stopped leaning Republican is TWO:

One, they are tired of being fucked over by Republicans.

Two, well, :

OB-DL263_0407ob_F_20090407114449.jpg
Did you even notice that there were TWO links???
But here's the results of last year's poll by the Military Times....
View attachment 48038

Evidently by 2010, our soldiers recognized just how poor of a Commander in Chief Obama really turned out to be.

Military members give Obama 15 percent approval rating

A new Military Times survey of those now serving in the military found that Obama’s approval rating has dropped from 35 percent in 2009 to just 15 percent today.
The great thing about being POTUS, you don't have to worry about the opinions of the cannon fodder.

Actually, no. A real Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces listens to his military people, instead of forcing them out for political reasons.

Obama has utterly failed as a military leader.
Obama is a REAL Commander in Chief which is why the military base sent him twice what they sent Romney.

Speaking of draft, how come women don't have to register for it? Come on girls, you wanted equality so you should have to register like I did.
The righties made sure the Equal Rights Amendment was shot down. Equality was turned down, so now it's your move.

Women not having to register for the draft has nothing to do with the ERA and passing the ERA would not have led to woman being registered.

Clinton brought this up in 1994 and the DOD said there was no need to. There were already adequate numbers of troops.
Republicans hadn't yet had tens of thousands of our troops killed and maimed in Iraq.

If the children of Republicans had skin in the game, would they send their children off prospecting for oil?

Forum List

Back