Is it clear? Do you finally understand? Can you get why we need a draft?

No it doesn't. Stop being a moron. An all volunteer military means it's made up of mostly poor who are trying to get out of the ghetto or rural Appalachia or someplace similar.
I had no future options and I volunteered and I got the GI bill which changed my life.

I have bad news for ya, there are many easier ways to escape the ghetto or inner-city besides joining the military. Joining the military is the longest road out of poverty.
It wasn't for me. The training was great, physically and mentally. I traveled all over Europe. I was stationed in Baumholder, Germany. I worked in S2, incredibly interesting. No doubt the military made me a more mature person. It taught me self control. And it gave me incredible respect for those who serve.
When you talk to those who actually served you get a completely different opinion than from those who didn't. The ones who didn't imagine all kinds of weird things.

It's like how right wingers view education. The reality is quite different than what right wingers who have no experience with education imagine.

Right wingers have plenty of experience with education. We were the ones that predicted disaster when bussing started. We were the ones that fought for school vouchers which in essence is school choice. We were the ones that promoted education outside the public schools such as private and home schooling.

Now if you did join the military, it wasn't because it was the way out of poverty. Judging by your above response, it was because you needed to find yourself and didn't know how.

There is one solution to poverty: money. The way to get money is to get a job and work a lot of hours. Making good decisions in life is another such as not starting a family until you are married and financially secure.
Now that I can get... A structured environment, self-discipline, and earn your pay.

Position based on ability and qualifications.

Is it possible a Lib came up with a good brain fart?????

No....he wants to undermine the military...keep in mind when we were in Iraq they were calling for the draft to...do you think it was to support the effort there? Charles wrangle, the crook was the one pushing for the draft....was he concerned with the war effort...or undermining it?

Charlie Rangel served in combat in Korea. How many neocon republican sissy politicians can say that? Certainly not bushcheney.

I doubt dean served. The man lies like a wall to wall carpet, and he just doesn't sound like any legit soldier.
But he does come up with interesting ideas, like letting the Libs peel taters or unload trucks in exchange for us supporting them. That would free up our serious troops....

I find that intriguing..

So, yeah, I changed my mind again!!!!

Thanks, rdean. I appreciate your service!!!!

I have bad news for ya, there are many easier ways to escape the ghetto or inner-city besides joining the military. Joining the military is the longest road out of poverty.
It wasn't for me. The training was great, physically and mentally. I traveled all over Europe. I was stationed in Baumholder, Germany. I worked in S2, incredibly interesting. No doubt the military made me a more mature person. It taught me self control. And it gave me incredible respect for those who serve.
When you talk to those who actually served you get a completely different opinion than from those who didn't. The ones who didn't imagine all kinds of weird things.

It's like how right wingers view education. The reality is quite different than what right wingers who have no experience with education imagine.

Right wingers have plenty of experience with education. We were the ones that predicted disaster when bussing started. We were the ones that fought for school vouchers which in essence is school choice. We were the ones that promoted education outside the public schools such as private and home schooling.

Now if you did join the military, it wasn't because it was the way out of poverty. Judging by your above response, it was because you needed to find yourself and didn't know how.

There is one solution to poverty: money. The way to get money is to get a job and work a lot of hours. Making good decisions in life is another such as not starting a family until you are married and financially secure.
Now that I can get... A structured environment, self-discipline, and earn your pay.

No....he wants to undermine the military...keep in mind when we were in Iraq they were calling for the draft to...do you think it was to support the effort there? Charles wrangle, the crook was the one pushing for the draft....was he concerned with the war effort...or undermining it?

Charlie Rangel served in combat in Korea. How many neocon republican sissy politicians can say that? Certainly not bushcheney.
Bush flew the most dangerous aircraft in service at the time and he flew more hours then required as well. Remind me how you support our vets but not the national Guard.

Bush flew the most dangerous aircraft in service at the time and he flew more hours then required as well. Remind me how you support our vets but not the national Guard.
Yes, flying over Texas while they were fighting, and dying, in Vietnam. Terrifying. What a hero...

There is no point of a draft when there is no war that requires one. Governments that draft are really forcing people to join a war that is unpopular to begin with. I think being forced to register for the draft is dangerous when there is no war that requires one. By making it as hard as possible for governments to find potential soldiers would slow them down in any effort to start a war.

Actually, I think that's an outstanding idea... That way the chicken Libs can help clean up Obozo's mess!!!
Military vote softens but doesn't shift

A poll conducted late last year by the Military Times found that 57 percent of those surveyed consider themselves Republican, while 13 percent identified with the Democrats. Among the officer corps the numbers were different. Nearly 66 percent of officers considered themselves Republican compared with 9 percent Democratic. Nearly 30 percent of those surveyed by the Military Times declined to answer the questions or said they were independent.

Military Veterans of All Ages Tend to Be More Republican

For the entire adult population, 34% of veterans and those currently on active military service are Republican, compared to 26% of those who are not veterans, while 29% of veterans identify themselves as Democrats, compared to 38% of those who are not veterans. (Thirty-three percent of veterans are independents, compared to 29% of nonveterans.)
Did you notice your link was from 2004? And even this, it said this:

But determining the political leanings of the nation’s military has traditionally been difficult. The military is prickly about giving pollsters and academics unfettered access to its troops.

Then there is this from Time:

But there is conflicting evidence. The Center for Responsive Politics reported last month that self-described military personnel had donated $678,611 to Obama, 85% more than the $398,450 the Romney campaign has collected.

Does the Military Vote Really Lean Republican? | TIME.com

---------------------

The reason so many in the military have stopped leaning Republican is TWO:

One, they are tired of being fucked over by Republicans.

Two, well, :

OB-DL263_0407ob_F_20090407114449.jpg

Does this mean that military votes will get counted? They won't be slowed down. When will the current policy change. That picture was always fake just like everything else about Obama. That includes his birth certificate.

I talk about it in previous posts:

Why I haven't been able to get into Bernie Sanders: | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

France train shooting: Hollande thanks 'heroes' who foiled gunman - BBC News

French President Francois Hollande has thanked three American men hailed as heroes for overpowering a heavily-armed gunman on a train in northern France.

One of the Americans said they took an AK-47 assault rifle and a handgun from the attacker as they saw him walk down the aisle of the train.

Two of the American men who overpowered the gunman, Spencer Stone and Alek Skarlatos, are members of the Air Force and the National Guard respectively.

---------------------------------

A real and true unbiased draft gives young men and women confidence from the training, it gives them the chance of serving the country. When I was in the service, one of the guys in the battery had a father who owned a chain of department stores. It's youngsters like that who have the most difficult time. They never had to work. And were spoiled their entire lives. He had to find out what it means to actually work hard. And he had to actually learn how other people live. Hand me downs and new shoes and never having glasses were totally new and unexpected to someone who got every expensive thing new and unused.

And if there were military trained personnel in the movie theater shootings, and other shootings, most former solders will rush the gunman providing the smallest silhouette that's possible using any available cover. They will know how to disarm the terrorist, tie him up or kill him and keep the crowd calm. Just staying sitting ducks is much less likely when the targets for former military.

In this day and age, I think the draft is a great idea and if you avoid it by running off to another country, like Romney did, then good. Stay there.
How does one defend a draft when one lives in a country based upon Liberty? Do tell...
Conscription is a duty to country.
Sort of like when you libs look at taxation

Why I haven't been able to get into Bernie Sanders: | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

French President Francois Hollande has thanked three American men hailed as heroes for overpowering a heavily-armed gunman on a train in northern France.

One of the Americans said they took an AK-47 assault rifle and a handgun from the attacker as they saw him walk down the aisle of the train.

Two of the American men who overpowered the gunman, Spencer Stone and Alek Skarlatos, are members of the Air Force and the National Guard respectively.

A real and true unbiased draft gives young men and women confidence from the training, it gives them the chance of serving the country. When I was in the service, one of the guys in the battery had a father who owned a chain of department stores. It's youngsters like that who have the most difficult time. They never had to work. And were spoiled their entire lives. He had to find out what it means to actually work hard. And he had to actually learn how other people live. Hand me downs and new shoes and never having glasses were totally new and unexpected to someone who got every expensive thing new and unused.

And if there were military trained personnel in the movie theater shootings, and other shootings, most former solders will rush the gunman providing the smallest silhouette that's possible using any available cover. They will know how to disarm the terrorist, tie him up or kill him and keep the crowd calm. Just staying sitting ducks is much less likely when the targets for former military.

In this day and age, I think the draft is a great idea and if you avoid it by running off to another country, like Romney did, then good. Stay there.

The guy who got shot in the theater shooting by that rogue ex-cop in Florida was military trained. Just sayin'

Compulsory national service is a good idea. It doesn't have to be military service. It would make the country stronger and give everyone a stake in the wellbeing of the country. There are far too many citizens who have no idea what it means to serve.

Why do you support a return to slavery?

No, we don't need a draft....all you left wingers want a draft because that was the way you sabataged the vietnam war......those riots in the 60s weren't about the war, they were about lefties who didn't want to get drafted and fight, when Nixon ended the draft the protests dried up almost over night.

A volunteer army makes sure that those who want the job are in the job....you don't want people in combat who don't want to be there.
No it doesn't. Stop being a moron. An all volunteer military means it's made up of mostly poor who are trying to get out of the ghetto or rural Appalachia or someplace similar.
I had no future options and I volunteered and I got the GI bill which changed my life.

Does it HURT to be THIS FUCKING STUPID, deanie?

No, we don't need a draft....all you left wingers want a draft because that was the way you sabataged the vietnam war......those riots in the 60s weren't about the war, they were about lefties who didn't want to get drafted and fight, when Nixon ended the draft the protests dried up almost over night.

A volunteer army makes sure that those who want the job are in the job....you don't want people in combat who don't want to be there.
You are beyond stupid that IS NOT what the military is made up off you retard.
R-Derp says that he was in the military, Gunny. You've read his posts here. Does that seem likely to you? Can you see our little Deanie leading men?

Dude...two words for Deanie: section eight!

There are a hell of a lot more soldiers than officers. I would rather listen to the people who do the actual fighting. No wonder the Republican leadership cares nothing about sending the children of their base off to die for no apparent good reason and the ignorant base follows. Worse, defends. Kind of like lemmings.

My brother has said that if a draft is reinstituted, he will be on the next bus to Canada. He is a Marine NCO, a decorated 4-tour combat veteran who would rather not serve with slaves.

So you're in favor of forcing people into the military to defend themselves but against allowing us to arm ourselves to defend ourselves. Why use a tack hammer on a tack when you have a perfectly good sledge hammer.

A draft in a war is a dubious use of government coercion over it's own people, but a peace time use of force to compel people to serve the government is an absolute abomination. Statists like you are sick and need treatment

I think too many are led by right wing and left wing propaganda on a draft. Like I said, the military is more than just invading other countries. The things I listed here are important roles for the military.

Our military supports civil authorities when responding to domestic crises in everything from a terrorist attack to natural disasters.

A strong defense actually deters war.

A strong defense promotes peace. Try to figure out why.

A strong defense combats terrorism.

A strong defense enforces sanctions with the aim to not go to war.

A strong military maintains peace.

A strong military protects our shipping lanes.

Someone said the officers are overwhelmingly Republican, which of course is part of the problem:

http://archive.armytimes.com/articl...5/Survey-Bad-leadership-drives-soldiers-leave

And others say it's a lie that it's mostly poor entering the military to escape poverty:

Who’s Joining the US Military? Poor, Women And Minorities Targeted
Moreover, other recent research into the question of who is joining the military revealed that women and lower-income minorities are joining the ranks, and the government is actively recruiting individuals from these demographics.

The military has a huge role in a strong and healthy country way beyond invasions and bombings. The idea that serving this country is a form of slavery or such is sickening. You can't find a better country to live in. We know Republicans don't love this country. They love the Confederacy. They love rich people and would see this country a burning and diseased dirty wreck if we could only shovel the last of the wealth to those top few. It's an honor to serve this country and there were people from all over the world where I was stationed that were in my battery.
So you would actually back that as a form of earning your keep and gaining opportunity?

Oh, wait... We already have that and welfare receipients aren't signing up...

Can we make it involuntary to get benefits, with rank and position based on ability?
You pretend to ask questions you believe are self evidentiary, but make no logical point at all.

Fail.

I think too many are led by right wing and left wing propaganda on a draft. Like I said, the military is more than just invading other countries. The things I listed here are important roles for the military.

Our military supports civil authorities when responding to domestic crises in everything from a terrorist attack to natural disasters.

A strong defense actually deters war.

A strong defense promotes peace. Try to figure out why.

A strong defense combats terrorism.

A strong defense enforces sanctions with the aim to not go to war.

A strong military maintains peace.

A strong military protects our shipping lanes.

Someone said the officers are overwhelmingly Republican, which of course is part of the problem:

http://archive.armytimes.com/articl...5/Survey-Bad-leadership-drives-soldiers-leave

And others say it's a lie that it's mostly poor entering the military to escape poverty:

Who’s Joining the US Military? Poor, Women And Minorities Targeted
Moreover, other recent research into the question of who is joining the military revealed that women and lower-income minorities are joining the ranks, and the government is actively recruiting individuals from these demographics.

The military has a huge role in a strong and healthy country way beyond invasions and bombings. The idea that serving this country is a form of slavery or such is sickening. You can't find a better country to live in. We know Republicans don't love this country. They love the Confederacy. They love rich people and would see this country a burning and diseased dirty wreck if we could only shovel the last of the wealth to those top few. It's an honor to serve this country and there were people from all over the world where I was stationed that were in my battery.
So you would actually back that as a form of earning your keep and gaining opportunity?

Oh, wait... We already have that and welfare receipients aren't signing up...

Can we make it involuntary to get benefits, with rank and position based on ability?
You pretend to ask questions you believe are self evidentiary, but make no point at all.

Fail.
Actually, I think that's an outstanding idea... That way the chicken Libs can help clean up Obozo's mess!!!
Military vote softens but doesn't shift

A poll conducted late last year by the Military Times found that 57 percent of those surveyed consider themselves Republican, while 13 percent identified with the Democrats. Among the officer corps the numbers were different. Nearly 66 percent of officers considered themselves Republican compared with 9 percent Democratic. Nearly 30 percent of those surveyed by the Military Times declined to answer the questions or said they were independent.

Military Veterans of All Ages Tend to Be More Republican

For the entire adult population, 34% of veterans and those currently on active military service are Republican, compared to 26% of those who are not veterans, while 29% of veterans identify themselves as Democrats, compared to 38% of those who are not veterans. (Thirty-three percent of veterans are independents, compared to 29% of nonveterans.)

Strange isn't it, that republicans will be the first ones taking an ax to G.I. benefits.
Always. It's like asking someone to do a job and then refusing to pay them afterwards. A really sleazy thing to do. It was Republicans who kept first responders from health care for 10 years.

So you're in favor of forcing people into the military to defend themselves but against allowing us to arm ourselves to defend ourselves. Why use a tack hammer on a tack when you have a perfectly good sledge hammer.

A draft in a war is a dubious use of government coercion over it's own people, but a peace time use of force to compel people to serve the government is an absolute abomination. Statists like you are sick and need treatment
So, they are "forced" to pay taxes? "Forced" to follow laws?

Republicans tricked the country into Iraq and when soldiers complained, Republicans, and even those right here on the USMB, answered "no one was forced to go".

Democrats want to help this country in so many ways. They want clean air, clean water, to save our national forests, they want Americans to have health care, education, good jobs, and to study situations overseas before making a commitment.

What do Republicans want? They say clean air and clean water are not affordable. They block health care and education. They helped send jobs to China and they invaded Iraq without knowing anything about the country or the people. And they are such hypocrites. Complaining about government intervention and supporting billions in subsidies to Iowa farmers. Ethanol corm comes to mind.

I don't just believe in the draft, I believe EVERYBODY should have a commitment to the good of the country. Serve two years. It could be as a teacher in Appalachia or in Watts, It could be building bridges. Helping the elderly, the disabled, providing therapy for maimed soldiers from Iraq.

The list is endless. Republicans, the same people who walk away from the born, do everything they can to make Americans miserable, think this is a terrible idea. But is that any surprise? Really, think about who they are and what they represent. Is it any surprise?

So, they are "forced" to pay taxes? "Forced" to follow laws?

Republicans tricked the country into Iraq and when soldiers complained, Republicans, and even those right here on the USMB, answered "no one was forced to go".

Democrats want to help this country in so many ways. They want clean air, clean water, to save our national forests, they want Americans to have health care, education, good jobs, and to study situations overseas before making a commitment.

What do Republicans want? They say clean air and clean water are not affordable. They block health care and education. They helped send jobs to China and they invaded Iraq without knowing anything about the country or the people. And they are such hypocrites. Complaining about government intervention and supporting billions in subsidies to Iowa farmers. Ethanol corm comes to mind.

I don't just believe in the draft, I believe EVERYBODY should have a commitment to the good of the country. Serve two years. It could be as a teacher in Appalachia or in Watts, It could be building bridges. Helping the elderly, the disabled, providing therapy for maimed soldiers from Iraq.

The list is endless. Republicans, the same people who walk away from the born, do everything they can to make Americans miserable, think this is a terrible idea. But is that any surprise? Really, think about who they are and what they represent. Is it any surprise?

Sorry, you started ranting about the Republicans and I lost interest.

The question was how you can support government requiring it's citizens to serve the State by requiring them to be in the military even when the country is not under attack

Forum List

Back