Is it "Congress's" Constitutional Duty To Raise The Debt Ceiling?

No, I see you're making baseless claims that don't comport with reality.

In reality, from which you are not posting, All 3 of those Democratic presidents ... Clinton, Obama & Biden ... all came into office following previous years where Democrats controlled the House. So your claim that they "inherited Republicans demanding fiscal responsibility," really translates into they inherited fiscal responsibility from Democrats. That's not to say Democrats are fiscally responsible ... they're not. But the record shows they are more fiscally responsible than Republicans.
The denial continues. But, that's expected.

He owns you so much he is in your siggy

I still didn't mention him. Here are my posts to you from today...

Utter bunk.

The budget deficts fell under Democratic presidents with Democratic-controlled Houses...

FY1994: -$50b
FT1995: -$40b
FY2010: -$120b
FY2011: +$5b
FY2022: -$1,400b

Since the debt has been out of countrol, 4 out of those5 fiscal years saw a drop in the federal budget deficit. And even the one which went up, went up by only $5b.
More bunk.

They inherited no such thing.
No, I see you're making baseless claims that don't comport with reality.

In reality, from which you are not posting, All 3 of those Democratic presidents ... Clinton, Obama & Biden ... all came into office following previous years where Democrats controlled the House. So your claim that they "inherited Republicans demanding fiscal responsibility," really translates into they inherited fiscal responsibility from Democrats. That's not to say Democrats are fiscally responsible ... they're not. But the record shows they are more fiscally responsible than Republicans.

Thanks to Pelosi and the House democrats and those in the Senate. And don't give me crap about the tax cuts, revenue went UP after those cuts were passed.
Unless we are in a Recession , revenue ALWAYS goes up.

Did it go up more than it would have before the tax cuts?

Did it go up enough to cover the cost of those tax cuts?

Unless we are in a Recession , revenue ALWAYS goes up.

Not according to the Left. CNBC:

US lost more tax revenue than any other developed country in 2018 due to Trump tax cuts, new report says​

Did it go up more than it would have before the tax cuts?

Did it go up enough to cover the cost of those tax cuts?

Unknown. Most economists will say that tax cuts do not pay for themselves, but that is an opinion rather than fact. If the tax cuts had not be done, what would revenue have been? Nobody can know that, we can opine about that all day long, to no effect. Smaller slice of a bigger pie vs bigger slice of a smaller pie, which is/was best?

Not according to the Left. CNBC:

US lost more tax revenue than any other developed country in 2018 due to Trump tax cuts, new report says​

Unknown. Most economists will say that tax cuts do not pay for themselves, but that is an opinion rather than fact. If the tax cuts had not be done, what would revenue have been? Nobody can know that, we can opine about that all day long, to no effect. Smaller slice of a bigger pie vs bigger slice of a smaller pie, which is/was best?
A. CNBC did NOT Say that revenue fell.

B. It CAN be calculated using GDP growth and past revenue numbers

Forum List

Back