Is it God or Man who creates tornadoes?

Satan. Read the first chapter of Job.

To say that you are saying Satan has direct influence/control in our natural world. That is much more than just the influencing of will of Man. So you are suggesting Satan has that kind of power?

It is suggested that Satan has an army of demons that can possess man, have man act against his own rational thoughts and beliefs.

So yes, it is believed that Satan has that kind of power.

Now to answer your-- doubt either. Considering the numbers of Tornadoes that hit the mid-west, and the number of christians living, I doubt god or would send such disasters to so many people without some reason.

On the other hand, I doubt man control the weather. If so, where are our weather controling satellites and Warm/Cool air current generators.

It is suggested that Satan has an army of demons that can possess man, have man act against his own rational thoughts and beliefs.

So yes, it is believed that Satan has that kind of power.

Now to answer your-- doubt either. Considering the numbers of Tornadoes that hit the mid-west, and the number of christians living, I doubt god or would send such disasters to so many people without some reason.

On the other hand, I doubt man control the weather. If so, where are our weather controling satellites and Warm/Cool air current generators.

As I pointed out a post or two ago direction intervention in the natural world is different from influencing man. So your answer is actually Man.

Reasons are after cause.

If a butterfly's wings can create a hurricane I would think a Man with a hairdryer could at least create a tornado.

Satan. Read the first chapter of Job.

To say that you are saying Satan has direct influence/control in our natural world. That is much more than just the influencing of will of Man. So you are suggesting Satan has that kind of power?

According to scripture? Yes, he has been given that power temporarily, Random. It says so in the bible.

OK, I have no issue with your beliefs. I am merely asking the question. Thank you for the answer.

Apparently the devil's current power over man is limited to tempting us, and casting evil suggestions into our mind. It is also said that Iblis/ Satan can also send Jinn and demonic spirits to aid those who oppose God. They needn't physically manifest to aid humans.

Its not Satan, and I doubt that God, or humans are responsible for tornados today. Right now, its just Nature.

However.

Sooner than we suspect, there will come a point in time (if mankind survives its current phase) that humans will begin manipulating extreme weather to the level that we can indeed create tornados, for use in war, terrorism, scientific pursuits, or saving human lives. If we are not careful it will be our undoing. Who knows what unforeseen consequences such things could have on what we call "Nature", and the impact it will ultimately have on humanity.

Last edited:
Apparently the devil's current power over man is limited to tempting us, and casting evil suggestions into our mind. It is also said that Iblis/ Satan can also send Jinn and demonic spirits to aid those who oppose God. They needn't physically manifest to aid humans.

Its not Satan, and I doubt that God, or humans are responsible for tornados today. Right now, its just Nature.

However.

Sooner than we suspect, there will come a point in time (if mankind survives its current phase) that humans will begin manipulating extreme weather to the level that we can indeed create tornados, for use in war, terrorism, scientific pursuits, or saving human lives. If we are not careful it will be our undoing. Who knows what unforeseen consequences such things could have on what we call "Nature", and the impact it will ultimately have on humanity.

I think we are largely affecting the nature of tornadoes. So I vote for Man. I don't know about Satan or Jinn. I tend not to believe in 'Satan'. I can tell you though I have felt some pretty powerful evil spirits in my day. I believe God is there for anyone to talk to when they like. I believe He can be a powerful influence but there a lot of 'it doesn't work that way' too. I am still looking for as much feedback to the thread as I can get. I thought about it later, the "God creates tornadoes", and I really did not mean it like that. It was more of the nature of the manifestation of God. There is a big question but that is implied or for later.

Yeah, humanity's cancerous effect on this planet definitely affects it for the worse. But to what extent I can't yet say for certain.

Yeah, humanity's cancerous effect on this planet definitely affects it for the worse. But to what extent I can't yet say for certain.

Talk to the animals. They will tell you. We are killing this planet and from what I hear we're about half way there. (Yes, I have lots of strange traits. :))

Forum List

Back