Is it God or Man who creates tornadoes?

"Man" has nothing to do with it. Tornado's existed long before man walked the Earth.

You're missing the point here. :cool:

No, I'm stating there is no point. Neither God, nor Man is responsible for anything that happens here on this rock. THAT is the point.

I can understand the opinion God is not responsible for anything that happens here on this rock but to say Man is not defies observation.

You're missing the point here. :cool:

No, I'm stating there is no point. Neither God, nor Man is responsible for anything that happens here on this rock. THAT is the point.

I can understand the opinion God is not responsible for anything that happens here on this rock but to say Man is not defies observation.

How so? Tornado's are a normal occurrence and have been for billions of years. Hell there are tornado's on OTHER planets for heavens sake. When you start making the claim that "Man" is responsible for tornado's you have abandoned science and entered the realm of religious cultism. You might as well go sacrifice a virgin to the tornado Gods out on the Great Plains.

How so? Tornado's are a normal occurrence and have been for billions of years. Hell there are tornado's on OTHER planets for heavens sake. When you start making the claim that "Man" is responsible for tornado's you have abandoned science and entered the realm of religious cultism. You might as well go sacrifice a virgin to the tornado Gods out on the Great Plains.

Do you think Man will ever be able to create or stop a tornado? If so I restate my question accordingly. Birds have flown since dinosaurs grew feathers but that does not mean we can not claim to fly.

My belief, the Earth sustains life, the way God intended. Tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes, disease, etc are ways the earth corrects itself. Man cannot defeat earth. Period.

Acts of nature are not punishments from God or satan trying to gain a foothold...it is the natural order of life as God intended.

Do you think Man will ever be able to create or stop a tornado? If so I restate my question accordingly. Birds have flown since dinosaurs grew feathers but that does not mean we can not claim to fly.

Create? Maybe. When Man is able to harness the power of Earths geomagnetic field and truly understand how energy works, and how to make it do what we want...then maybe we could start one. Stopping one...I think that we could do with explosives now. The problem being we will do as much, if not more damage than the tornado.

Create? Maybe. When Man is able to harness the power of Earths geomagnetic field and truly understand how energy works, and how to make it do what we want...then maybe we could start one. Stopping one...I think that we could do with explosives now. The problem being we will do as much, if not more damage than the tornado.

Man then. :D

My belief, the Earth sustains life, the way God intended. Tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes, disease, etc are ways the earth corrects itself. Man cannot defeat earth. Period.

Acts of nature are not punishments from God or satan trying to gain a foothold...it is the natural order of life as God intended.

Very nice answer. Do you believe God could or would stop a tornado if He were to choose to? This is not a question of judgment on God by any means. Free Will would factor into that and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Very nice answer. Do you believe God could or would stop a tornado if He were to choose to? This is not a question of judgment on God by any means. Free Will would factor into that and a whole bunch of other stuff.

God's Will. He can make the sun stand still, create a long lasting fog, he can part the seas...so, in short, yes.

Wow. When confronted by facts you don't like, you lie. How completely unsurprising. Man can't create anything yet. Where you get the gall to put words in my mouth I will never know but I won't forget it.

God's Will. He can make the sun stand still, create a long lasting fog, he can part the seas...so, in short, yes.

Thanks.

Wow. When confronted by facts you don't like, you lie. How completely unsurprising. Man can't create anything yet. Where you get the gall to put words in my mouth I will never know but I won't forget it.

There were only two choices. So you choose God then? I still think you are missing the point.

There were only two choices. So you choose God then? I still think you are missing the point.

OK, how about this, I don't want to phrase the question like this but perhaps this is more to your answer: Earthly or Heavenly? Would it then be safe to say 'earthly'. Phrasing the question like that is not what I meant but it is OK here.

And I chose NEITHER because I refuse to agree to your silly limitations. I am a scientist. Tornado's would form no matter what given the nature of this planet. There is neither proof for, nor proof against a God, however, there is the reality of physics. Whether a God exists or not, physics does, and physics governs the creating of tornado's. I reject your simplistic, primitive view of the world.

...There is neither proof for, nor proof against a God, however, there is the reality of physics. Whether a God exists or not, physics does, and physics governs the creating of tornado's. I reject your simplistic, primitive view of the world.

Then why are you even in a religion and ethics forum?

...There is neither proof for, nor proof against a God, however, there is the reality of physics. Whether a God exists or not, physics does, and physics governs the creating of tornado's. I reject your simplistic, primitive view of the world.

No, and I am assuming here, that he is speaking his point of view. He is representing a view that he feels is important to the discussion. (Wow, I really put words in his mouth then.) In the back and forth there was much I learned about physics fundamentalists. :D

Why does the religion of global warming continue to preach to it's true believers to have faith that mankind's (sins) decadence causes tornadoes and earthquakes and droughts?

Ummmmm, because she is arguing about the role man has in environment. Which is an ethical argument.

A simple question.

Not any more.

Simple, I mean.

Mother Nature causes tornadoes and humans cause global climate change so now, we have worse tornadoes.

And lots of other really nasty stuff.

article-2616740-1D799D8100000578-140_964x641.jpg

article-2616740-1D79719A00000578-132_964x541.jpg

Tornado-ravaged Southeastern U.S. faces potential for MORE devastating hail, fierce winds and twisters as Florida panhandle is inundated with worst floods in a generation | Mail Online

The other side of the country is on fire. Remember when Arnie said we don't have fire season anymore ... now its always wildfire season.

Its not nice to screw with Mother Nature.

Why does the religion of global warming continue to preach to it's true believers to have faith that mankind's (sins) decadence causes tornadoes and earthquakes and droughts?

Because that is the way of the religious fanatic. No matter how much learning has occurred, they are still out there preaching about mans sins and how angry God is with man. It's been going on for thousands of years and will continue on for thousands more.

Because if man is not destroying the world then God is.

Forum List

Back