Is It Just me or are Both Parties Trying to blow the Mid-terms?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Here in FL both parties in both state wide races are running the sleaziest Candidates they can find. In TX Cruz almost elected a D wacko. Nationally Pelosi and Schumer are running on higher taxes. Can someone explain to me in simple language why and how we ended up with the current situation?

The Nancy Grace effect. Bitch about stuff not within anyone's control to avoid specifics on policy or the way that government works.

Here in FL both parties in both state wide races are running the sleaziest Candidates they can find. In TX Cruz almost elected a D wacko. Nationally Pelosi and Schumer are running on higher taxes. Can someone explain to me in simple language why and how we ended up with the current situation?
I noticed that twenty years ago....

Because we need a third party.

There are third parties and fourth parties but not enough people to run and not enough votes to elevate them into a position of a majority party...

Well the LP continuously tries to make sure it can't get traction and the other third parties really suck, particularly on the left.

Both parties have pretty much lost their shit, so this is a great time for nihilists.

:popcorn:

Naw, nothing really unusual going on with this election, just both of the major political crime families playing to the lowest common denominator, it's what they do and have been doing for decades.

It just seems worse because every election cycle the lowest common denominator gets lower, it's the product of a population that's constantly getting dumbed downwards.

`
In Wisconsin, Tony Evers (D) is running against the corporately owned, Scott Walker (R) without national democratic support. That's because he's blown off what the national wants in lieu of what the people here want. He's got my vote.

Partisanship and Congressional gerrymandering.

`
In Wisconsin, Tony Evers (D) is running against the corporately owned, Scott Walker (R) without national democratic support. That's because he's blown off what the national wants in lieu of what the people here want. He's got my vote.

What policies of his do you and the people of WI really like?

You run the best candidates you can. Sometimes, nobody worthwhile comes forward.

But historically, Democrats have "moved to the center" in election years, only to revert back to form following the election. This has not happened this year, presumably because the Left is relying on a small cadre of VERY WEALTHY, VERY LEFTIST donors, who are providing MILLIONS to support extremeLeftist candidates. They don't want to hear (or pay for) "centrist" political positions from "their" candidates.

Hence, we have Democrats who continue to peddle open borders, tax increases, impeachment of the President, and other positions antithetical to both the Right and to rational humans.

One can only hope that Democrats snatch defeat from the jaws of inevitable victory and we have a repeat of 2016. I personally will vote early and often for every fucking Republican on the ballot.

You run the best candidates you can. Sometimes, nobody worthwhile comes forward.

But historically, Democrats have "moved to the center" in election years, only to revert back to form following the election. This has not happened this year, presumably because the Left is relying on a small cadre of VERY WEALTHY, VERY LEFTIST donors, who are providing MILLIONS to support extremeLeftist candidates. They don't want to hear (or pay for) "centrist" political positions from "their" candidates.

Hence, we have Democrats who continue to peddle open borders, tax increases, impeachment of the President, and other positions antithetical to both the Right and to rational humans.

One can only hope that Democrats snatch defeat from the jaws of inevitable victory and we have a repeat of 2016. I personally will vote early and often for every fucking Republican on the ballot.

They are certainly trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

In California candidates are shying away from Party labels, thus muddying the voting waters for House races. I hope voters will see through these deceptions and remain mindful of the national implications of a Democrat majority.

In response to you thread, Yes, it's just you.

In California candidates are shying away from Party labels, thus muddying the voting waters for House races. I hope voters will see through these deceptions and remain mindful of the national implications of a Democrat majority.
I was joking with a guy from MS the other day about how MS was the only place I had seen black folks flying the Stars and Bars and not just on game days. His reply was that it was a way to freak out the European and Japanese managers at the auto parts and assembly plants. My takeaway is that the red edge is doing well and at the expense of the blue wall.

Forum List

Back