Is it Malala's moment for the Nobel Peace Prize?

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Is it Malala's moment for the Nobel Peace Prize? - CSMonitor.com

The Nobel Peace Prize is tipped to break new ground this year by possibly going to the youngest ever recipient: 16-year-old Malala Yousafzai, who survived an assassination attempt by the Taliban.

According to Kristian Harpviken at the Peace Research Institute and historian Asle Sveen, two Norwegian experts on the prize, the Pakistan schoolgirl tops their shortlist of nominees to be named the winner on Friday. Mr. Harpviken believes she deserves the award for being a symbol of girls' rights to education and security and her fight against extremism and oppression.

Malala has been speaking out against the Taliban’s efforts to ban education for girls in the Swat Valley since 2008 at the age of only 11. She had been blogging for BBC Urdu Services and participating in the Institute for War and Peace Reporting’s Open Minds Project until near-fatally shot in the head by the Taliban two years ago tomorrow.

That would make sense to me. I hope she gets it.

She is a hero, Sunni Man, for standing up to Muslim male chauvinism.

Tuff dat, my Islamic podjo.

Yes, it is far more than Obama did, and as God to Satan she has done that much more than any martyr.

Yes she should. That child did what millions of women enslaved by Islam are afraid to do,demand her rights as a human being. Good for her and I hope she gets it.

the Nobel Prize committee made a surprising announcement.
They will now award the Prize to people who deserve it.

She deserves it

She is one brave little girl

the Nobel Prize committee made a surprising announcement.
They will now award the Prize to people who deserve it.

finally, they realized their major screw and how foolish they wound up looking after giving it to the war mongering killing machine, Obama

Unlike most people here......I actually know some Afghan people.

They told me that they are not against girls going to school or working under normal conditions. But for the last 30 years the situation in Afghanistan as been far from normal.

They said, in their culture the male has the responsibility to provide for his family; which can include not only his wife and children, but his parents, her parents, plus other relatives.

Girls have no such responsibility.

#1) Since jobs are scarce; the last thing they need is women in the job market taking away jobs from the men.

#2) There are a limited number of schools; so boys should first in line for education opportunities.

Then later after the schools have accommodated the boys and the economy has stabilized with and abundance of job opportunities. There would be no problem sending girls to school and educating them for entrance into the job market. .. :cool:

They told me that they are not against girls going to school or working under normal conditions. But for the last 30 years the situation in Afghanistan as been far from normal.

They said, in their culture the male has the responsibility to provide for his family; which can include not only his wife and children, but his parents, her parents, plus other relatives.

#1) Since jobs are scarce; the last thing they need is women in the job market taking away jobs from the men.

#2) There are a limited number of schools; so boys should first in line for education opportunities.

Then later after the schools have accommodated the boys and the economy has stabilized with and abundance of job opportunities. There would be no problem sending girls to school and educating them for entrance into the job market. .. :cool:

I see your point

Makes throwing acid in little girls faces understandable

I see your point

Makes throwing acid in little girls faces understandable

Hey, a woman could never support a family.

My final comment in this thread.

Don't girls and women know their legitimate places?

Forum List

Back