Is it Malala's moment for the Nobel Peace Prize?

Every culture and society has traditional role's for males and females that have stood the test of time.

But to the western mindset; theirs is superior and everyone else's is inferior and must conform to the western model.

Which currently has included homosexuality as normal. .. :cool:

Every culture and society has traditional role's for males and females that have stood the test of time.

But to the western mindset; theirs is superior and everyone else's is inferior and must conform to the western model.

Which currently has included homosexuality as normal. .. :cool:

Yeah, it's become insanity to think that the way we see everything fit together as 'logic' should be the norm for all people.

The funny thing about this too is that these people probably hate Malala herself too. They just use this as an attempt to keep defaming Muslims.

None of it is genuine.

Unlike most people here......I actually know some Afghan people.

They told me that they are not against girls going to school or working under normal conditions. But for the last 30 years the situation in Afghanistan as been far from normal.

They said, in their culture the male has the responsibility to provide for his family; which can include not only his wife and children, but his parents, her parents, plus other relatives.

Girls have no such responsibility.

#1) Since jobs are scarce; the last thing they need is women in the job market taking away jobs from the men.

#2) There are a limited number of schools; so boys should first in line for education opportunities.

Then later after the schools have accommodated the boys and the economy has stabilized with and abundance of job opportunities. There would be no problem sending girls to school and educating them for entrance into the job market. .. :cool:

I see your point

Makes throwing acid in little girls faces understandable

Hey, a woman could never support a family.

Yeah I'll have to tell my sister that she should have let my nephew starve waiting for his fathers $4.00 support check to go up. And no I'm not kidding. She actually thought of framing the rather than cashing it but she got NOTHING from him for 8 years so she decided to take the cash and get her son a happy meal. Oh and that house she saved for and bought all by herself a complete abomination right along with her new car. Yup woman should stay home and leave the family support to men.:eusa_hand:

Unfortunately, it's still common amongst most Americans to be completely oblivious of people's cultures.

There are over a hundred counties in the world. A vast array of cultures. Maybe you should discover some some day.

America isn't the only country in the world. And many civilizations have preceded it.

Many amazing civilizations.

Unfortunately, it's still common amongst most Americans to be completely oblivious of people's cultures.

There are over a hundred counties in the world. A vast array of cultures. Maybe you should discover some some day.

America isn't the only country in the world. And many civilizations have preceded it.

I understand how various cultures are around the world and am more than willing to let the Afghanis do whatever their culture dictates, as long as they stay in Afghanistan to do it. I'd be willing to go as far as to withdraw all our US funding and troops so that our influence would not affect their culture. But when they drag their Afghani asses over to my country, I expect the same respect for my 'western' culture. If they do not wish to adopt Western culture, they should stay home. Why do they come here if all they are going to do is demand that we assimilate and accept their barbaric culture, including the way they treat women and girls?

I understand how various cultures are around the world and am more than willing to let the Afghanis do whatever their culture dictates, as long as they stay in Afghanistan to do it. I'd be willing to go as far as to withdraw all our US funding and troops so that our influence would not affect their culture. But when they drag their Afghani asses over to my country, I expect the same respect for my 'western' culture. If they do not wish to adopt Western culture, they should stay home. Why do they come here if all they are going to do is demand that we assimilate and accept their barbaric culture, including the way they treat women and girls?

I don't really know any afghanis here in the states besides one, he's half afghani half Kuwaiti Arab. He's very western.

I agree with you on the above. And I actually don't know much about the afghani culture, being Muslim doesn't make you know it.

I don't see where you're complaining though, I rarely see afghanis here in the states and if they government gave them citizenship then so be it.

They do what they want with their lives, every family in this country is different.

Unlike most people here......I actually know some Afghan people.

They told me that they are not against girls going to school or working under normal conditions. But for the last 30 years the situation in Afghanistan as been far from normal.

They said, in their culture the male has the responsibility to provide for his family; which can include not only his wife and children, but his parents, her parents, plus other relatives.

Girls have no such responsibility.

#1) Since jobs are scarce; the last thing they need is women in the job market taking away jobs from the men.

#2) There are a limited number of schools; so boys should first in line for education opportunities.

Then later after the schools have accommodated the boys and the economy has stabilized with and abundance of job opportunities. There would be no problem sending girls to school and educating them for entrance into the job market. .. :cool:

Here's a thought Sunni. Since women in Afghanistan tend to stay home and raise children why don't they educate a generation of mothers, give them the tools to teach their children at home, and any children needing further education can take up those all important scarce seat in the schools. That way both sexes get educated. Heck the local mothers can organize and school their children together in eachothers home.

Is it Malala's moment for the Nobel Peace Prize? - CSMonitor.com

The Nobel Peace Prize is tipped to break new ground this year by possibly going to the youngest ever recipient: 16-year-old Malala Yousafzai, who survived an assassination attempt by the Taliban.

According to Kristian Harpviken at the Peace Research Institute and historian Asle Sveen, two Norwegian experts on the prize, the Pakistan schoolgirl tops their shortlist of nominees to be named the winner on Friday. Mr. Harpviken believes she deserves the award for being a symbol of girls' rights to education and security and her fight against extremism and oppression.

Malala has been speaking out against the Taliban’s efforts to ban education for girls in the Swat Valley since 2008 at the age of only 11. She had been blogging for BBC Urdu Services and participating in the Institute for War and Peace Reporting’s Open Minds Project until near-fatally shot in the head by the Taliban two years ago tomorrow.

That would make sense to me. I hope she gets it.

Me too, more than any other she has put her life on the line for what is correct. And she almost lost it.

There's no excuse not to educate both sexes.

The Afghan people should be left alone to have their cultural norms as they see fit.

And they don't need Western busybodies telling them what to do or what's best for them. .. :cool:

The Afghan people should be left alone to have their cultural norms as they see fit.

And they don't need Western busybodies telling them what to do or what's best for them. .. :cool:

Malala is from Pakistan

But this girl wants an education and wants all girls to have that chance. She is obviously a leader and smart,her country is missing out on a great resouce by not concerning itself with educating women. Prior to the feminist movement most American women got at least a very basic eight grade education and most women stayed home. If for no other reason it would be helpful that the women could read their Korans and teach their children, maybe help their husbands behind the scenes in their businesses. An educated country is better off. Even in Patriarchial cultures there are jobs that might be better preformed by women that require education including midwifes/OBGYN,nurses. Even back in the day in America there were jobs traditionally considered womens jobs.

Last edited:

There's no excuse not to educate both sexes.

I'm not excusing education for both sexes, where are you getting that from?

They do educate both sexes in Pakistan.

Check out their universities there.

I don't really know any afghanis here in the states besides one, he's half afghani half Kuwaiti Arab. He's very western.

I agree with you on the above. And I actually don't know much about the afghani culture, being Muslim doesn't make you know it.

I don't see where you're complaining though, I rarely see afghanis here in the states and if they government gave them citizenship then so be it.

They do what they want with their lives, every family in this country is different.

I use Afghanis as an example. I could just as well have used Kenya or the Congo, or any ME country where the predominant culture is very different than ours. Most of my muslim associations are with Albanian muslim immigrants. They appear to acclimate and embrace most of the Western cultural norms with no difficultly.

I agree with your assessment about Western busybodies, as long as these barbarians remain where their cultural norms are considered normal. Face it, it is not normal in this country to keep your women and girls ignorant, wrapped up in bags. It is not normal in this country to murder your daughters if they do anything you disagree with. It is not normal to beat and abuse the women of your family for nothing more heinous than looking at some other male. The list goes on. Mostly, the push to institutionalize Sharia law in this country and to render our laws subordinate to Sharia. They want Sharia law, let them stay in their own countries and apply it as they will.

I use Afghanis as an example. I could just as well have used Kenya or the Congo, or any ME country where the predominant culture is very different than ours. Most of my muslim associations are with Albanian muslim immigrants. They appear to acclimate and embrace most of the Western cultural norms with no difficultly.

What kind of cultural norms? Give me some examples.

Forum List

Back