Explain this to me like I am 5 years old

There is no reason for a civilian to own an automatic weapon.
And an exceedingly small number of them do. Like I said you have a special license in order to legally own one, it is a long drawn out and expensive license to obtain. How about you provide a link to an incident where a legally owned machine gun was used in a crime.

And an exceedingly small number of them do. Like I said you have a special license in order to legally own one, it is a long drawn out and expensive license to obtain. How about you provide a link to an incident where a legally owned machine gun was used in a crime.
I don't care! There is no reason for a civilian to own one.

The SCOTUS stated, unequivocally, that we Americans have the right to carry a gun outside the home:
The Court has little difficulty concluding also that the plain text of the Second Amendment protects Koch’s and Nash’s proposed course of conduct—carrying handguns publicly for self-defense. Nothing in the Second Amendment’s text draws a home/public distinction with respect to the right to keep and bear arms, and the definition of “bear” naturally encompasses public carry. Moreover, the Second Amendment guarantees an “individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation,” id., at 592, and confrontation can surely take place outside the home.

Some states require a permit to carry a gun outside the home; most do not.
Most of the states which require a permit recognize the permits from other states as sufficient to legally carry a gun in that state.

A few states – CA, NY, HI – do NOT recognize out-of-state permits.
They do not allow open carry without a permit
They do not allow out-of-state residents to obtain a carry permit.
That is, there is no way for me, a resident oh Ohio, to legally carry a gun in CA NY HI.

How can it be that CA NY HI do not violate my right to carry a gun – and thus, violate the 2nd Amendment?
I got the grand daddy version of the M-14 called the M-1 Garand. I t lacks the 20 round magazine of the M-14 as it has the 8 round top load en-block spring steel clip. It's accurate for sure out to 300 yards on small targets like coyotes. If my M-1 was equipped with the smaller aperture target rear peep sight in the hands of a competent marksman I'd say one could actually print somewhat tight in the black on a proper sized 500 yard sized target. Not bad for an early 1940's vintage firearm, eh!

Forum List

Back