Is It Right That American Citizens Should Have To Stand Over 5 or 6 Hours In Line Just To Vote?

Or should something be done about that so that it's made as quick, easy and efficient as possible?

Give your reasons for your answer.

We can say:

No, it isn't right.

Then you can say...something should be done.....

We ask....by who ?

It's really not your place to worry about anyone outside your precinct. There are processes for that.

Or should something be done about that so that it's made as quick, easy and efficient as possible?

it has nothing to do whether its right or wrong,,, its just a reality if you live in a high population area,,,

dont like it just move or get together with the powers that be and increase the amount of polling places,,,
The city of Detroit is owned by some very rich and powerful men. I'm sure they do shit like this on purpose. I bet even the "white" mayor of Detroit wants Trump to win. He was a CEO. Isn't that funny that even in the Democratic party we are led by CEO's and corporations.
do try and stay on topic,,,

No. That is a clear indication that their either are not enough polling places, not enough hours for polls to be open, or there needs to be more early voting.

Not everyone has that amount of time to stand in line...they have to work.

Election day is 3 weeks away. Anyone in line 6 hours this week is stupid.

No. That is a clear indication that their either are not enough polling places, not enough hours for polls to be open, or there needs to be more early voting.

That's another move to suppress voters. Having the election on a Tuesday. Why a Tuesday? Why not a Saturday?

It was originally done for convenience. Those reasons no longer apply and it should probably be moved to a Saturday but that is becoming less of an issue as more and more places open early voting.

That's another move to suppress voters. Having the election on a Tuesday. Why a Tuesday? Why not a Saturday?

If it were on Saturday, you’d bitch about that too.

If voting means anything to you, a little wait will not deter you.

Really? I know a lot of white people who aren't going to take the time to go vote. It'll take them 20 minutes. Now go to Detroit and it's going to take 2 hours. That's not a little. Add to that you tell them voting really doesn't matter they're all the same nothings going to change. In other words you lie to them.

Let's flip it. Lets make it 20 minutes for blacks in Detroit and 2 hours for whites in the burbs and I'll bet you'll see things differently, Irishman.

Hell no. I'd go walk my dog like I always do at 8am and by 11am or Noon I'll be at the polling place.

I don't think anyone would complain about Saturday. What possible arguments could they make?

The city of Detroit is owned by some very rich and powerful men. I'm sure they do shit like this on purpose. I bet even the "white" mayor of Detroit wants Trump to win. He was a CEO. Isn't that funny that even in the Democratic party we are led by CEO's and corporations.

Voting F-ups happen all the time. There's no way to avoid them. I remember years ago when our voting place was at a school. As usual I went after work just before the polls closed. There was a sign on the door that they moved the polling place to another location without warming the citizens about it. The teachers were on strike, and the morons that set up the tables wouldn't go into a school where teachers were striking.

I didn't think it was some evil plot or conspiracy, it's just that shit happens. We're all human.

If voters are overwhleming the polls by everyone going day 1 of early voting, I would not necessarily blame the Supervisor of elections.

Its like when Cabbage Patch Kids were the rage. People would line up for hours to get one....though more were of course going to be available soon....but they just had to be the first.

If you want to vote 3 weeks before election day and wait 6 hours in line....that is 100% on you.

What difference does it make? Dems created any delays so let them figure out the answer if you don't want to wait in line. I am voting Trump so will stand in line as long as it takes.
I feel like I'm going to a Trump rally. Will Trump voters not wear masks in to vote?
You do realize that the CDC released a report that showed 70% of the people infected with the chinese flu wore masks religiously and another 15% said they almost always wore a mask so that makes 85% of the people infected with the Kung Flu were mask wearers!

What difference does it make? Dems created any delays so let them figure out the answer if you don't want to wait in line. I am voting Trump so will stand in line as long as it takes.
I feel like I'm going to a Trump rally. Will Trump voters not wear masks in to vote?
You do realize that the CDC released a report that showed 70% of the people infected with the chinese flu wore masks religiously and another 15% said they almost always wore a mask so that makes 85% of the people infected with the Kung Flu were mask wearers!
Wearing a mask does not protect you

It protects others from you

“They don’t want you to vote. If they did, we wouldn’t vote on a Tuesday. In November. You ever throw a party on a Tuesday? No. Because nobody would come.”
Chris Rock

Don't cough or sneeze in anyone's face...you need to wear a diaper to stop you from doing that?

Yea!

Don't cough or sneeze in anyone's face...you need to wear a diaper to stop you from doing that?
When my doctor does surgery on me I tell him to take the mask off. Doesn't do any good.

Forum List

Back