Is It Right That American Citizens Should Have To Stand Over 5 or 6 Hours In Line Just To Vote?

It was originally done for convenience. Those reasons no longer apply and it should probably be moved to a Saturday but that is becoming less of an issue as more and more places open early voting.

The national elections should be a national holiday. Everybody gets off of work so they can vote.

We can replace Columbus day and end that argument.

Or should something be done about that so that it's made as quick, easy and efficient as possible?

Give your reasons for your answer.

No. That is a clear indication that their either are not enough polling places, not enough hours for polls to be open, or there needs to be more early voting.

Not everyone has that amount of time to stand in line...they have to work.
That's another move to suppress voters. Having the election on a Tuesday. Why a Tuesday? Why not a Saturday?

It was originally done for convenience. Those reasons no longer apply and it should probably be moved to a Saturday but that is becoming less of an issue as more and more places open early voting.
so you want to take away peoples chance for time off work and make them take away from their personal time,,,

what an asshole,,,

If voting means anything to you, a little wait will not deter you.
Are you seriously justifying an over 4 hour wait in line for a citizen to vote?

That's acceptable to you?
My patriotism only goes so far. 1 hour wait? Very patriotic. 2 hour wait? Someone patriotic. 3 hours? Not patriotic at all. I mean what does my one vote matter right?

That's what they want thousands of blacks to say to themselves next month.

Or should something be done about that so that it's made as quick, easy and efficient as possible?

No. That is a clear indication that their either are not enough polling places, not enough hours for polls to be open, or there needs to be more early voting.

That's another move to suppress voters. Having the election on a Tuesday. Why a Tuesday? Why not a Saturday?

so you want to take away peoples chance for time off work and make them take away from their personal time,,,

what an asshole,,,

I have no idea what you are ranting about...................

Why not Sunday?

Most Americans don't do anything much on Sunday anyway.

If voting means anything to you, a little wait will not deter you.

Really? I know a lot of white people who aren't going to take the time to go vote. It'll take them 20 minutes. Now go to Detroit and it's going to take 2 hours. That's not a little. Add to that you tell them voting really doesn't matter they're all the same nothings going to change. In other words you lie to them.

Let's flip it. Lets make it 20 minutes for blacks in Detroit and 2 hours for whites in the burbs and I'll bet you'll see things differently, Irishman.

Race-baiting nonsense.

Let's flip it. Lets make it 20 minutes for blacks in Detroit and 2 hours for whites in the burbs and I'll bet you'll see things differently, Irishman.

The whites in the burbs take care of their own voting place like the Democrats do in black areas.

Exactly. If black people are waiting in line 10 hours that is on their COUNTY SUPERVISOR OF ELECTIONS.

Anyone can look up who theirs is and contact them with any concerns.

Last edited:

Such a whiny little shit.

Early voting was started to allow less congestion on election day. You have TWO FUCKING WEEKS to go vote.

Forgive us if we have ZERO sympathy.
Kind of got to agree here.

Yeah it's right..and it's a good thing, as it shows that people are showing up..and care enough to wait. I'm a little leery of things done in the name of 'efficiency' as regards our franchise and the exercise thereof.

Why not Sunday?

Most Americans don't do anything much on Sunday anyway.

It really doesn't matter now as I said with so many places going to early voting.

what an asshole,,,

I have no idea what you are ranting about...................
understandable since you have no idea what youre talking about,,,

Forum List

Back