Is it right to lower flags for Nancy's death?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
She was a person of no consequence. She was an actress and then married a guy who did accomplish things. Her life was nothing.

I thought it was weird . Did they do the same for other First Ladies ? Jackie O maybe ?

The flag is displayed at half staff as a sign of respect or mourning. Nationwide, this action is proclaimed by the president; state-wide or territory-wide, the proclamation is made by the governor. In addition, there is no prohibition against municipal governments, private businesses or citizens flying the flag at half staff as a local sign of respect and mourning.

Half Staff | American Flag Etiquette

In Michigan the governor declared it for the victims of the Kalamazoo Uber shooter.

She was a person of no consequence. She was an actress and then married a guy who did accomplish things. Her life was nothing.

I bet if it was Moochele, you'd want the same thing. Let's get one thing straight. The President orders flags to be flown at half staff. You may not like it - but tough shit.

Nancy Reagan did more for the dignity of the office of the president than Hillary or Moochele COMBINED. Hillary spent her time throwing dishes at Marines and Secret Service and Moochele spends her time in their "garden".

It's a sign of respect. Something sorely lacking in the world today, so good for Mr Obama.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
  • Banned
I thought it was weird . Did they do the same for other First Ladies ? Jackie O maybe ?

I wondered the same thing. Is this SOP.? Did they do it for betty ford? She died just 5 years ago.

Nancy Reagan did more for the dignity of the office of the president than Hillary or Moochele COMBINED. Hillary spent her time throwing dishes at Marines and Secret Service and Moochele spends her time in their "garden".

I don't care about mooch and her garden. I hate her because she has stolen 10s of millions of $ from the american people by her non-stop vacationing.

I bet if it was Moochele, you'd want the same thing. Let's get one thing straight. The President orders flags to be flown at half staff. You may not like it - but tough shit.

Why do you have to be a dick and attack other first ladies ?

Nancy spent taxpayer money like a drunk sailor . she stuck her nose into prez business all the time . Ain't that the shit u accuse Michelle and hill of doing ?

Republicans are such hypocrites .

Remember a few years ago when Chris Christie lowered flag in NJ to honor that drug addict singer who was a star 20 years ago? Can't remember the tramp's name. Was it donna summer?

Why do you have to be a dick and attack other first ladies ?

Nancy spent taxpayer money like a drunk sailor . she stuck her nose into prez business all the time . Ain't that the shit u accuse Michelle and hill of doing ?

Simple. Because Hillary and Moochele are pieces of gutter trash. Need I say more? SHOW ME where Nancy spent ONE DIME of taxpayer money. ONE DIME.

Check out Nancy Reagan asshole.

Which Former President Costs U.S. the Most?

$14,000
Allowance paid to Nancy Reagan in 2012, for postage. She waived her $20,000 pension

All first ladies are losers who spend OUR money to make themselves look successful. Mooch is the champ at that.

This is a thing?

It's Nancy Fuckin' Reagan, lower the flag and move on with your life.

It is amazing that a rw said this. A lib saying this would not be shocking. But a RW, the world has turned upside down.

Nancy Reagan was a much loved national figure. Her contribution to drug prevention in the youth of the 80's as well as her fight against cancer greatly influenced the health and well being of the nation.

We have placed the flag at half staff for many notable Americans, why not for her?

Forum List

Back