Is it too late for the GOP to defeat Identity Politics?

and since someone mentioned paula deen, shes a friggin COOK...hello, bryd biden reid were/are very highly-placed political figures...they got a pass, and she apologized up the wazoo, for god sakes :lol:

Barack Obama is a Christian black guy. You mean like him?

don't be obtuse, involved as a conservative.....

You did not say that.

And...your claim is not supported by the facts. If a conservative politician runs on the GOP platform.........he or she will meet opposition from the DNC and liberals. This is not something that is altered based on the race or sexual preference of the politician.

Your examples are probably Herman Cain and who........the "rent is too damn high" guy?

You cannot prove that Cain was treated any differently than the white guys who hold his ridiculous views. You simply cannot. It is a false argument.

You see...we supported Obama. Do you think we did so because he is black....and that we did not support Cain because he is black? Think about it.

Last edited:
and since someone mentioned paula deen, shes a friggin COOK...hello, bryd biden reid were/are very highly-laced political figures...they got a pass, and she apologized up the wazoo, for god sakes :lol:

Got a pass for what and from who? The Food Network? Wal Mart? Target?

The comparison is odd.

Barack Obama is a Christian black guy. You mean like him?

You did not say that.

:rolleyes:

And...your claim is not supported by the facts. If a conservative politician runs on the GOP platform.........he or she will meet opposition from the DNC and liberals. This is not something that is altered based on the race or sexual preference of the politician.

Your examples are probably Herman Cain and who........the "rent is too damn high" guy?

You cannot prove that Cain was treated any differently than the white guys who hold his ridiculous views. You simply cannot. It is a false argument.

:lol: :eusa_hand:no really, stop, you've got me in stitches.....:lol:

and since someone mentioned paula deen, shes a friggin COOK...hello, bryd biden reid were/are very highly-laced political figures...they got a pass, and she apologized up the wazoo, for god sakes :lol:

The comparison is odd.

the media frenzy, she lost her endorsements, job etc. reid got a light slap on the wrist and forgiveness form the messiah straight away, ( as did biden as in oh thats just silly Joe) Bryd? KKK? Oh hes hes changed hes a good guy now......and the wheel turns....

:rolleyes:

:lol: :eusa_hand:no really, stop, you've got me in stitches.....:lol:

I'll try again.

If it is Cain's race more than his politics that we don't support......how is it that we support Obama?

The argument that you make is silly.

The comparison is odd.

the media frenzy, she lost her endorsements, job etc. reid got a light slap on the wrist and forgiveness form the messiah straight away, ( as did biden as in oh thats just silly Joe) Bryd? KKK? Oh hes hes changed hes a good guy now......and the wheel turns....

What is your claim. That the media hates fat, middle aged racist cooks more than they hate aging white Democratic politician racists? Is the key word Democrat?

What exactly is the claim?

The comparison is odd.

What is your claim. That the media hates fat, middle aged racist cooks more than they hate aging white Democratic politician racists? Is the key word Democrat?

now you're on it, and of course the fact being that reid and biden occupy positions that require influence and standing etc. They are certainly not going to highlight it with the same aggressiveness in the same way.....fire and forget.

you need to read what I wrote- again, slowly this time.....

I read it fine. You have failed to substantiate the claim. In fact, you have not even tried.

highlight the fact that the dems, their special interest grps ( like the naacp etc. ) and media reserve a special kind of firepower and coverage for African amercian or other grps they see as special interest grps. they wish to employ/manipulate when they go 'conservative'?

Theres is no difference in how they approach/cover etc. say a semi rich white guy running for office vis a vis an African amercian ? are you seriously disputing this?

now you're on it, and of course the fact being that reid and biden occupy positions that require influence and standing etc. They are certainly not going to highlight it with the same aggressiveness in the same way.....fire and forget.

Are you claiming that a Republican politician who utters something like what Reid or Biden said ( I assume you are thinking of the " articulate " comment ), the media would destroy them? Is that your claim?

I read it fine. You have failed to substantiate the claim. In fact, you have not even tried.

highlight the fact that the dems, their special interest grps ( like the naacp etc. ) and media reserve a special kind of firepower and coverage for African amercian or other grps they see as special interest grps. they wish to employ/manipulate when they go 'conservative'?

Theres is no difference in how they approach/cover etc. say a semi rich white guy running for office vis a vis an African amercian ? are you seriously disputing this?

Yes. You cannot prove what you are saying. Other than the coverage for a black guy who runs alongside that GOP platform being greater because it is less common......there will be no difference.

You're not actually serious with the above post are you?

Yes, deadly serious.

I'm telling the truth. I go to think progress and tpm and huffpo among other websites on the left daily.

When the story first broke about her deposition libs drove this story. Libs wanted to kill Paula.

And now some like huffpo finally realized Deen was a Dem.

Now I was defending her across all party lines because she is no racist and the woman that is suing her is trying a shakedown.

And it worked. Deen is destroyed by lies. By liberals. How sweet that it was conservatives trying to defend her.

How can it be lies when she admitted to using racist language?

You aren't seriously going by comment sections as examples of liberal politics, are you?

That would be the case.

Unfortunately this is an example of the tactic used by most conservatives: to distort and take things out of context, to lie, to contrive controversies where none exist.

Hmm.

I can see that, but what I'm saying is that the groups who are increasing the fastest in the electorate are the same groups who are so skillfully targeted by Identity Politics. Plus, I would think that there are many among the "white" electorate whose hearts and minds could be changed with the proper messaging. So rather than trying to appeal with Identity Politics, the appeal would be that we all have the same wants and goals, and that becoming more divided hurts us rather than helps us.

No doubt I can be way off on this, but I just don't see the GOP even making an effort here.

By the way, kind of funny to see people here denying the very existence of Identity Politics, ay?

:cool:

Can you give examples of this subtle and skillful "marketing" you're alluding to?

If you can't think of any on your own, what's the point?

I no longer play the game of "prove it", when I know that my proof will be denied no matter what it is. I've been down that road too many times. I'm not a big fan of having my intelligence (such as it is) insulted.

If you think that Identity Politics doesn't exist, I'll assume you have no input on how the GOP can overcome it. I'm happy with that.

An appropriate response given the fact there are no examples.

The irony for republicans, of course, is they need only return to the GOP that existed prior to the advent of their Faustian bargain with social conservatives, Christian fundamentalists, and fiscal extremists.

Among the steps republicans can take to mitigate the bane of social conservatism:

Acknowledge the Constitutional right to privacy as a core principle of conservative dogma and end efforts to ban abortion or create such an undue burden as to manifest a de facto ban on abortion. This shouldn’t be a problem for republicans as limiting the authority of the state is supposed to be a core conservative principle.

End the ‘war on women,’ stop interfering with their right to access contraceptive services, end the references to ‘slut,’ ‘legitimate rape,’ and ‘pregnancy from rape is “rare,”’ in essence, stop trying to chip away at the edifice of privacy rights that allows women to decide for themselves concerning matters personal and private.

Acknowledge the equal protection rights of same-sex couples to access marriage law, in accordance with 14th Amendment jurisprudence. Acknowledge the right of each person to self-determination and individual liberty, free from state interference, as guaranteed by the Fourth, Fifth, and Fourteenth Amendments to the Constitution, including those whom identify as transgender.

Again, none of the above should be an issue for republicans, as such measures enhance individual liberty at the expense of government authority.

For a couple of generations now, the Democrats have been wildly successful in dividing Americans into groups (particularly ethnic & economic) ...

:eusa_eh:

You think a political party did that? Not reality, not the fact that some of us ARE very very poor and some of us rich beyond our abilities to image..no you believe that the DEMS did that?

Seriously?

:lol:

Hey, you're getting what you want. A hyphenated America, people at each other over the color of skin and over income, a lower priority on assimilation, E Pluribus Unum out the door. Political Correctness intimidating everyone from individuals to corporations to politicians. I don't see anything stopping this train, least of all from the GOP.

At least be a gracious winner.

Last edited:

Are you claiming that a Republican politician who utters something like what Reid or Biden said ( I assume you are thinking of the " articulate " comment ), the media would destroy them? Is that your claim?

of course they would, they'd savage them.....:eusa_eh:you don't think so?

Yes. You cannot prove what you are saying. Other than the coverage for a black guy who runs alongside that GOP platform being greater because it is less common......there will be no difference.

how about a guy who didn't even run?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/19/opinion/the-puzzle-of-black-republicans.html?_r=0

You have your head so far up your own ass you've lost your mind in all the shit you spew.

PLENTY of items were offered by the gop in the house and were promptly shelved by Harry Reid who then along with Pelosi and the msm went on to label them as Nazi's and domestic terrorists.

You've swallowed their gobbledygook hook line and sinker.

Sorry I've made your ass hurt a few times for regurgitating the faux right wing piss.

Turn on Fox News tonight. Or watch those two airheaded broads, Doocy and Kilmeade, in the morning. Or go to Breitbart or CNS News or the Washington Times or the Daily Caller web sites.

Or listen to anything that comes out of Mitch McConnell's mouth. Everything is about what he WON'T do. Whatever Obama is up to at the moment, and McConnell is asked what he would do, he says, "We WON'T do (whatever Obama is doing)."

Watch the political talking head shows. The token right winger is always complaining or attacking. Remember the "Friends of Hamas"? This is how retarded they have become. The guy couldn't even take the trouble to google "Friends of Hamas" or check the State Department website. But he couldn't go on TV fast enough, before the entire country, and parrot the nugget of bullshit he greedily ate.

Pay attention. Observe the pissing and moaning and attacks. You can see it right here on this forum. Go back and look at your own topics that YOU have started. It's all pissing and moaning.

The faux right is nothing but a bunch of whiners.

And you are their tool. You post a lot of copy and paste bullshit emitted by these media whores.

did you watch television or read the papers during say the 90s and 2000's? this isn't new and its not a gop trait alone, hello.

I do agree that they need to just put up bills and ideas, and ignore the media , who would will in almost every context beat them up for anything they don't approve of anyway, instead of answering the media, they should just stick to the points.

of course they would, they'd savage them.....:eusa_eh:you don't think so?

No.

Forum List

Back