IS KIA any good

They get good ratings but are so cheap cost

I need a new Sedan or SUV

My price is range is 30-40,000 only
Real good if ya want it stolen. They are easy to steal. The marina that slides me the most business has a daughter that goes to school in the city where I spend the winter. She had a brand new Kia last year got a job at a local mall last year in early December. Second day of work she was calling me crying. Wanted me to pick her up her car had gotten stolen.

What about Acura
Acura is made by Honda's and is their premium luxury brand of cars.
Never drove one, but hear they are pretty good

Lexus is made by Toyota and is their premium luxury brand of cars.
They get rave reviews for reliability and resale value.

But keep in mind, with both Acura and Lexus you'll pay more than what a top of the line Honda or Toyota would cost.
So you'd have to figure out if the extra luxury bells and whistles is worth the additional money?

Acura is made by Honda's and is their premium luxury brand of cars.
Never drove one, but hear they are pretty good

Lexus is made by Toyota and is their premium luxury brand of cars.
They get rave reviews for reliability and resale value.

But keep in mind, with both Acura and Lexus you'll pay more than what a top of the line Honda or Toyota would cost.
So you'd have to figure out if the extra luxury bells and whistles is worth the additional money?
I need a big ash try !!

Honda's are good with great engines but some models and years are prone to have transmission problems.
That's the area were Toyota has it over Honda.
It's kinda rare for a Toyota to have a bad transmission.
I've asked a couple of mechanics and they had never seen a bad one.
I've driven both and never had a problem with either. Honda just seems like a more solidly built car to me.

The Toyota company came out with the Lexus to compete with Mercedes Benz and BMW
Which is why Toyota and Lexus have different dealerships on different car lots.
The first year Lexus won every car of the year award possible and crushed the sales of MB and BMW
Because the Lexus was a way better quality and reliable car for a whole lot less money.

Honda basically did the same thing with the Acura to take market share away from the other established luxury car brands.

Honda's are great cars.
Maybe it's just me, but I see a lot more older Toyota's than older Honda's driving down the road. .. :dunno:
Toyota, for some reason, is on the verge of bankruptcy.
I know that many workers who were laid off due to COVID and got other jobs did not want to go back to Toyota.

IS KIA any good​

I rented one for a day once from a car place while my car was in for repairs. I think it was a Rio or Forte. Small compact car. Well designed and built, it really impressed me with its get up and go. The thing really accelerated and zipped around!

Honda's are great cars.
Maybe it's just me, but I see a lot more older Toyota's than older Honda's driving down the road. .. :dunno:
Granted. Toyota is the #1 selling brand in the world. I don't base my purchases on what other people buy. In this area, Subaru is a MAJOR seller due to their all-wheel drive profile, but I don't care for them. meh.

Toyota, for some reason, is on the verge of bankruptcy.
I know that many workers who were laid off due to COVID and got other jobs did not want to go back to Toyota.
Toyota factories in the US were having problems the last few months because there was a chip shortage and they couldn't supply the dealers with cars.
Like all the other brands, they got their electronic chips from China, which was locked down because of Covid and not making chips. Every car maker was hurting.
I have a relative that ordered a new Toyota Highlander and had to wait like 5 months to get it.
But I've recently heard things are starting to get better with the chip situation and more car are filling the inventory of the different brands.

Toyota factories in the US were having problems the last few months because there was a chip shortage and they couldn't supply the dealers with cars.
Like all the other brands, they got their electronic chips from China, which was locked down because of Covid and not making chips. Every car maker was hurting.
I have a relative that ordered a new Toyota Highlander and had to wait like 5 months to get it.
But I've recently heard things are starting to get better with the chip situation and more car are filling the inventory of the different brands.
I didn't realize that the average vehicle contains at least 1,000 chips.

Hopefully all the mfrs. have learned their lessons with not having alternative suppliers. The same type of problem arose around the Takata air bag debacle.

Like I said before, European cars like BMW, Volvo, Mercedes Benz, Audi, Porsche, etc.
Are great cars to drive and they look and handle beautifully on the road.
But as they get older become never ending money pits needing repairs.
Those Israeli cars have crappy azz leg room and you feel all bunched up and hot

Forum List

Back