Is Obama Really this Stupid?

Shnoookums, you lost any right to "respect" when your clergy molested your children, and you all went along with it.

Sorry, ran fresh out of "respect" at that point. Have plenty of Contempt, though.

Shit, we knew growing up all the priests were kind of funny that way. You didn't want to be alone in a room with one. And this was back in the 1970's.

But you guys kept putting money in the plates to pay off these kids when they grew up and got lawyers.

So tell us Joe, how do you like the lifestyle that settlement money is providing your bitter, non-virginal ass?

What the fuck was that?

It is a known fact the church protected their preists. The point that went over your pin head is it was accepted by the members

I'll tell you what the fuck that was, it was my reply to a fucking asshole who has a personal axe to grind with the Catholic Church. How the fuck can it be "accepted by the members" when the members didn't KNOW about it? You really want to show your ignorance by proclaiming that 70 million Catholics supported priests molesting kids?

You're a fucking LIAR, FA.

So tell us Joe, how do you like the lifestyle that settlement money is providing your bitter, non-virginal ass?

What the fuck was that?

It is a known fact the church protected their preists. The point that went over your pin head is it was accepted by the members

Yea, it is a fact. And that is to the Church's shame... and it no longer protects priests who are accused. But the fact also remains that the Church has far less attraction to pedophiles than a huge number of other, secular, professions. I never see any outrage about that.

There are, currently, a number of teachers suspended on full pay (thank the Unions for that) that are charged with child abuse. Full pay. Suspended. Where is the outrage about being protected - funded - by taxpayers?

Where is your outrage about that?

Charged is not convicted. It wasn't that hard. You'll have a case if they're convicted and still paid.

What the fuck was that?

Yea, it is a fact. And that is to the Church's shame... and it no longer protects priests who are accused. But the fact also remains that the Church has far less attraction to pedophiles than a huge number of other, secular, professions. I never see any outrage about that.

There are, currently, a number of teachers suspended on full pay (thank the Unions for that) that are charged with child abuse. Full pay. Suspended. Where is the outrage about being protected - funded - by taxpayers?

Charged is not convicted. It wasn't that hard. You'll have a case if they're convicted and still paid.

Interesting... because the majority of Catholic Priests have never been charged - in point of fact - very few have ever been accused... and yet it appears that many people have no issue in condemning all priests.

Again... because it appears one needs to repeat things for the slow kids (you're not one of the slow kids).... 400,000 priests - 0.03% accused.

I'm disappointed to hear you say "Democrat party." You're generally above that sort of thing.

And my understanding is that it's a statement that "Catholic run institutions" are subject to the same regulation as other businesses if a certain amount of employees are not in fact Catholic.

It's also my understanding that churches are exempt.

But their employer is the Catholic Church - and birth control is against our religion - particularly abortion - which is abhorrent to us. It is, to Catholics, murder.

not everything owned and run by the catholic church is a religious endeavor. my suggestion on this one would be some compromise. i think the intentions here were good, not "stupid".

I've said that already - this is an attack on our social programs. Our hospitals, schools, etc. Our hospitals will, if Obama gets his way, have to close its doors to non-Catholics. Those non-Catholics are among America's most poor... I think its incredible that so many people are comfortable with that.

Your faith - however - is not. They've sided with the Catholics. Thank you for that. :eusa_angel:

An estimated 4 to 5 million U.S. public school students may be at risk or become victims of sexual assault by school employees and teachers. Even so, media outlets and public officials remain tight-lipped, cover-up allegations, and fight disclosure.
Since 2007, over 2,000 separate sexual abuse cases have been filed against U. S. public school employees. This takes into account the relatively small number of cases dismissed outright, dismissed under plea agreement or changed to other charges upon conviction, but does not include the many others that get swept under the rug, covered-up, or never reported at all, according to records kept by the website BadBadTeacher.com.

Read more: Teacher sex cases in U. S. public schools unreported, unpunished

How many priests were accused?

Interesting... because the majority of Catholic Priests have never been charged - in point of fact - very few have ever been accused... and yet it appears that many people have no issue in condemning all priests.

Again... because it appears one needs to repeat things for the slow kids (you're not one of the slow kids).... 400,000 priests - 0.03% accused.

I never jumped on the priests are molestors bandwagon mysel tbh. It's an exaggerated phenomena just like Planned Parenthood's "pro abortionism" is exaggerated also.

An estimated 4 to 5 million U.S. public school students may be at risk or become victims of sexual assault by school employees and teachers. Even so, media outlets and public officials remain tight-lipped, cover-up allegations, and fight disclosure.
Since 2007, over 2,000 separate sexual abuse cases have been filed against U. S. public school employees. This takes into account the relatively small number of cases dismissed outright, dismissed under plea agreement or changed to other charges upon conviction, but does not include the many others that get swept under the rug, covered-up, or never reported at all, according to records kept by the website BadBadTeacher.com.

Now, if we were to say 'all teachers are pedophiles', that would be ridiculous... pity that those who condemn all priests don't see how moronic they are.

so since 2007, 2,000 people were accused....and you think that effects 4 to 5 MILLION kids? Come on, even a caveman could see that that math is fuggin whack.

thats 2500 students being molested per accused molestor.

OK.

US Presidency

Old White Guy, Old White Guy, Somewhat younger Old White Guy, Old White Guy.... Young Black Guy... :eek:

Stupid? Not a chance and he gains double digits in one speech when they haven't even begun the stumping? :eusa_shhh:

No, he's not stupid.

so since 2007, 2,000 people were accused....and you think that effects 4 to 5 MILLION kids? Come on, even a caveman could see that that math is fuggin whack.

That's 2,000 cases brought. The total number of kids at risk is also taking into account the majority of abuse cases that are NEVER reported or prosecuted.

Last edited:

What the fuck was that?

I dont excuse any type of abuse, especially with children. I have been careful not to offer an opinion on how I currently feel about the church. I can be extremely critical or supportive depending upon said issue.

I dont see the church closing doors. I do understand the sounding of the alarm for reasons other then the birth control distraction.

What the fuck was that?

I dont excuse any type of abuse, especially with children. I have been careful not to offer an opinion on how I currently feel about the church. I can be extremely critical or supportive depending upon said issue.

I dont see the church closing doors. I do understand the sounding of the alarm for reasons other then the birth control distraction.

I don't 'excuse' it either. What I can do is recognize it for what it is. An issue.... but one that is far worse in other professions. For those who can't do basic math.... 400,000 (total number of priests within the Catholic Church worldwide).... of which 0.03% have ever been accused of child abuse (not necessarily sexual abuse - and that figure comes from law enforcement backed, independent academic research)... that's 120 priests. Do I dismiss that as 'nothing of importance'? Absolutely not. That's 120 too many for me - and yes, the Church was wrong to protect its priests... but, frankly, unless people are rational about it, there is no point taking them seriously.

That's 2,000 cases brought. The total number of kids at risk is also taking into account the majority of abuse cases that are NEVER reported or prosecuted.

and whats that number?

I don't 'excuse' it either. What I can do is recognize it for what it is. An issue.... but one that is far worse in other professions. For those who can't do basic math.... 400,000 (total number of priests within the Catholic Church worldwide).... of which 0.03% have ever been accused of child abuse (not necessarily sexual abuse - and that figure comes from law enforcement backed, independent academic research)... that's 120 priests. Do I dismiss that as 'nothing of importance'? Absolutely not. That's 120 too many for me - and yes, the Church was wrong to protect its priests... but, frankly, unless people are rational about it, there is no point taking them seriously.

CG I was raised Catholic, had a cousin that was a priest, I remember his visit to my grandparents right after seminary. I was a smart ass even then. He was taking to long in the bathroom and I asked if he was saying mass.:lol:

I would hope they are cleaning things up and the members no longer expect that type of behavior from the clergy. Back in that era which was the 60s for me. Other prejudices were strong. My Mom and Dad divorced. :eek:

Do you know the theme to Black Sheep Squadron?

CG I was raised Catholic, had a cousin that was a priest, I remember his visit to my grandparents right after seminary. I was a smart ass even then. He was taking to long in the bathroom and I asked if he was saying mass.:lol:

I would hope they are cleaning things up and the members no longer expect that type of behavior from the clergy. Back in that era which was the 60s for me. Other prejudices were strong. My Mom and Dad divorced. :eek:

The Church changed its policy towards priests quite a few years ago. Priests know they can expect absolutely no assistance from the Church if they commit any kind of abuse. But the fact remains that, out of 400,000 priests, 120 stand accused. The fact remains that there are more teachers, more children's entertainers, more youth workers, more sports coaches accused of child abuse than there are priests. So, why the singling out of priests? Bigotry? I'm fine with that - just as long as one recognizes that one is a bigot.

But their employer is the Catholic Church - and birth control is against our religion - particularly abortion - which is abhorrent to us. It is, to Catholics, murder.

not everything owned and run by the catholic church is a religious endeavor. my suggestion on this one would be some compromise. i think the intentions here were good, not "stupid".

I agree that many things run by the church are not religious, other than in a moral sense-Catholicism isn't being taught. Indeed, the very idea of 'social justice' is to care for those in need, without imposing anything other than care.

The logic behind Obama's requirement is that Catholic institutions and services provided by them should be restricted to Catholics. I agree with those that say then they should lose whatever funding comes from government. Granted, all those outlets that cannot be supported by Catholics alone will need to be shut down.

Yea, good plan. We'll stop supporting non-Catholics... and the country can either:

Accept yet another increase in spending
Pay for it yourselves - add another burden onto the taxpayer... oh, wait.... we can get the rich to pay, huh?

:lol:

People need to research it and crunch the numbers... and you'll be pleading with Obama to change his stance and waiver the Church. Because if you don't, our poor will suffer, and our taxpayers will have to make up the difference.

Bear in mind... the Catholic Church is second only to the US Government itself in providing services - and the vast majority of those services are not funded by Government. It's funded by us... Catholics.

There you go again, assuming that 70 million people knew about and ignored 120 priests sodomizing their children. You're being fucking ridiculous!

As an ex-Catholic, ex-altar boy who was the first kid in his Catholic school to REFUSE Confirmation, you can rest assured that my defense of the Church has NOTHING to do with any affinity for the Church as an establishment. BUT... You're condemning the members who knew NOTHING about it.

To not see the hypocrisy of condemning the Church while ignoring the much more prevalent abuse in the schools? REALLY?

Finally, if the power of Government is such that they can coerce the Catholic Church to act against their Faith, they might target MY Church NEXT. Or YOURS.

Forum List

Back